Holy Mother of Unintened Irony !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy Mother of Unintened Irony !!

Did anyone else see the irony, that just one day after the official announcement that the franchise is dead, we see a Stargate (something that before was nigh indestructible) get destroyed right before our eyes?

While speaking of that scene, let me just say it was AWESOME. I'm not one of those people who wants the Stargate to be used in every episode, but to see the SG team rushing to get the villagers through the gate and save them from impending doom . . . . It brought back memories of Goa'uld Death Gliders and Wraith Darts, if that's not classic Stargate then I don't know what is.

Heck the whole fighting in the village to get the settlers out while shooting at the the light fighters and taking one drone. I totally got flashbacks to the first episode of Atlantis
    This isn't Atlantis?
    I don't think so.
    If this is not the Lost City…then where is it?

SGU= Awesome Eli is so me =P

Comment

Originally posted by D Toccs View Post
      Did anyone else see the irony, that just one day after the official announcement that the franchise is dead, we see a Stargate (something that before was nigh indestructible) get destroyed right before our eyes?
      What official announcement? I missed that. Is there a link?

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
        Check out the main page for the article on Brad Wright's announcement.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark lord me View Post
          Heck the whole fighting in the village to get the settlers out while shooting at the the light fighters and taking one drone. I totally got flashbacks to the first episode of Atlantis
          Same here. Also the first episode of SG-1 where they were trying to get the prisoners through the gate at the end.
          "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
          - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered View Post
            Same here. Also the first episode of SG-1 where they were trying to get the prisoners through the gate at the end.
            Yeah I was definately reminded of Children of the Gods during that scene.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              How did ya miss that! Its been the talk of the town! Stargate town anyway
              I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

i didnt want this episode to end. about time they got back the using the stargate. tho they need a better bad guy now one that has a voice.

Comment

I wouldn't call it irony. I'd call it metaphorical. If the gate had been destroyed and then the next day all three movies had been green lit, that would have been ironic.

Comment

indeed

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil 37 View Post
                      I wouldn't call it irony. I'd call it metaphorical. If the gate had been destroyed and then the next day all three movies had been green lit, that would have been ironic.
                      The fact that this episode was written and shot well over 6 months ago, and it happens to air the day after the announcement, I would definately call that irony.

Irony - The use of words/images expressing something other than their literal intention.

Comment

Check out the main page for the article on Brad Wright's announcement.
                        I went to the main page and didn't see any announcement.
                        sigpic

Comment

Yeah I was definately reminded of Children of the Gods during that scene.
                          Same here.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BulletMagnet578 View Post
                            i didnt want this episode to end. about time they got back the using the stargate. tho they need a better bad guy now one that has a voice.
                            They don't need a bad guy at all. What's wrong with a show about exploration and discovery. There can be dangers but you don't need a mustache twirler.
                            I love SGU and I even like the other two SGU prequel shows

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                              I went to the main page and didn't see any announcement.
                              http://www.gateworld.net/news/2011/0...-dead-for-now/

Comment

Working...
                              X