So what was up with the purple fruit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SupremeLegate View Post
    There is also the possibility that it was simply a joke, due to the shape of the fruit.
    Have we even seen the fruit before?

Comment

We arent 100% sure, there is a purple fruit on the test sheet during "Time"

but we dont know if its the same or not.

N.C

Comment

I think there's something everyone has been overlooking;

Eli is a square

Camille is a free-spirited hippie (just look at that painting)

Chloe is rich and went to Harvard

A ship full of nerds with nothing but time (they even have a still for moonshine!)

Based on those character traits, someone might conclude that perhaps the purple fruit, if prepared and then consumed a certain way, it may have certain narcotic properties. Since Camille is HR it would stand to reason that the effects would probably need to be more or less non-addictive and relatively harmless.

But I think this discussion is focusing so much on the fact it was two women joking about it while a man is oblivious, instead of thinking about Eli being a square and would probably object to the use of any narcotics (no matter how harmless) on board the Destiny. Think about this, in both seasons, I think all the main characters (and some recurring characters) have had a swig from the alcohol still, except Eli, it might be plausible to think he would be out of the loop if this were the case as well.

With all parties being civilians, it's a little harder to come to a conclusive argument. If, say, for instance, it were Lt. James in Eli's place and she didn't get the joke, you can draw the narcotic joke over the feminine joke, as it's plausible that, because she is military, she would also be out of the loop if it had narcotic properties.

On the flip side, if it were, say, Camille and Lt. James making the joke, and Eli not getting it, then it's more likely it's a "ladies-only" joke.

It would've been easier to figure the implied use if those two weren't so laid back...dirty Harvard hippies.

Comment

Working...
        X