Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 916171819
    Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...

Default Re: Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers

Quote Originally Posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
    Just being suspicious and looking closer doesn't mean they'll find it. There are many instances where there's a suspicious death, and a thorough autopsy doesn't turn up anything that makes the death anything but natural. It's when the murderer strikes again, and develops a pattern that things to wrong for him or her.
    Mmm.... quite possibly so.

Anyone can drop dead at a moment's notice.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus

icon & signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 6 of SG-1

Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty!
    loves and loves right back.

No w/o a and no w/o a
    It's an immutable law of the multiverse.

How detectable is belladonna? I'm kind of under the assumption eating poison berries from earth isn't something people look for in space.
    Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Captain

I should think the fact that they've been poisoned would be fairly obvious (Belladonna causes vomiting, hallucinations, and convulsions (depending on dose)). Whether they specifically identify it at autopsy is a different question.

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

I should think the fact that they've been poisoned would be fairly obvious (Belladonna causes vomiting, hallucinations, and convulsions (depending on dose)). Whether they specifically identify it at autopsy is a different question.

Seaboe
    By why suspect poisoning and not a virus/bacteria/nanovirus or thing in the head?

Also, the point isn't no one suspects anything, they just can't figure out what it is.

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Captain

Then belladonna would work just fine. I think the combination of symptoms, and the speed with which they appear, is what makes poison the obvious answer. They'd probably be able to identify the poisonous substances (atropine, hyocyamine and scopolamine), although the question of where it had come from might remain

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Then belladonna would work just fine. I think the combination of symptoms, and the speed with which they appear, is what makes poison the obvious answer. They'd probably be able to identify the poisonous substances (atropine, hyocyamine and scopolamine), although the question of where it had come from might remain

Seaboe
    And given that the first victims are civilians, the doctors are left thinking it was probably some moonshine or something native to their planet.