Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AllyCat View Post
    Okay.... I may need some advice here shortly. Depending on how my writing goes. And then I'll need prolly a beta reader... o.0

But for now I have this one...

I don't remember a real in-depth explanation on how Ba'al cloned himself? Any ideas on how to do something of that nature and make it believable?
    I'd need the canon explanation first (because when they cloned Sekhmet, they threw their biology text book out the window and watched Voyager instead).
    Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithRichard View Post
      I'd need the canon explanation first (because when they cloned Sekhmet, they threw their biology text book out the window and watched Voyager instead).
      Baal somehow made dozens of mature clones of himself that had all of his memories and his personality.
      sigpic
      Click the Pick for my FanFiction.net profile

Comment

Originally posted by Eragon View Post
        Baal somehow made dozens of mature clones of himself that had all of his memories and his personality.
        Human clones? Symbote clones? Some sort of hybrid mix?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Originally posted by AllyCat View Post
          Okay.... I may need some advice here shortly. Depending on how my writing goes. And then I'll need prolly a beta reader... o.0

But for now I have this one...

I don't remember a real in-depth explanation on how Ba'al cloned himself? Any ideas on how to do something of that nature and make it believable?
          I watched Ex Deux Machina today and they gave no explanation how. They just said he did.
          Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Human clones? Symbote clones? Some sort of hybrid mix?
            ummm. Both. It was mature human clones with Mature Baal symbiote clones in thier heads.
            sigpic

Comment

ummm. Both. It was mature human clones with Mature Baal symbiote clones in thier heads.
              Cloning's easy. Getting a clone up to a mature age without waiting is hard. Is there some technowhatsit that ages things lying around?

Comment

Basic transporter theory for dummies

(thing) gets turned into data/energy and uploaded to a computer through a buffer. Buffer then selects new target based off of second set of coords from input data. (thing) then gets reconverted back into its base matter form. If (thing) gets "copied" while in the buffer, then you can produce as many as you want at separate target locations.

Sam did something similar to teal'cs medication in the final episode of SG1. but instead of using the copy method she created the base buffer data from scratch. That's also how they made their meals. By storing the Buffer data in the computer database she could access it and remake it over and over again.
                sigpic

Comment

Basic transporter theory for dummies

(thing) gets turned into data/energy and uploaded to a computer through a buffer. Buffer then selects new target based off of second set of coords from input data. (thing) then gets reconverted back into its base matter form. If (thing) gets "copied" while in the buffer, then you can produce as many as you want at separate target locations.

Sam did something similar to teal'cs medication in the final episode of SG1. but instead of using the copy method she created the base buffer data from scratch. That's also how they made their meals. By storing the Buffer data in the computer database she could access it and remake it over and over again.
                  Sounds like how they made clothes and food on Star Trek. Sounds like a plan to me: just xerox living beings.

Comment

Cloning's easy. Getting a clone up to a mature age without waiting is hard. Is there some technowhatsit that ages things lying around?
                    Remember the nanotechnology used to accelerate the population's aging in Brief Candle? That was a goa'uld project.
                    Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
                    Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

Ok, I have a Sanctuary question. How do they get hold of John Druitt? Once he was coming around and trying to play dad, did they have a way to summon him? A bat signal, if you will?
                      Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
                      Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

Originally posted by Feast of the Muse View Post
                        Remember the nanotechnology used to accelerate the population's aging in Brief Candle? That was a goa'uld project.
                        True but Baal was trying to create exact duplicates with memories and personality. You can't garuntee that with accelerated aging
                        sigpic

Comment

True but Baal was trying to create exact duplicates with memories and personality. You can't garuntee that with accelerated aging
                          But it seems as if it is a known technology within the universe. At least the Asgard know how to clone someone with all the memory of the original being and make the clone mature. That's exactly what Loki was doing in "Fragile Balance". The fact that the O'Neill clone only matured to age 15 was only because of a DNA marker placed there by the Asgard to prevent any tempering with his genetic material. This does not answer the original question of how Baal did it, but at least we know he most likely did not invent the process himself.
                          sigpic

Comment

Baal Cloned himself via Asgard Cloning technology. technology he got through being Anubis' pawn and surviving him, technology Anubis got from Thor by probing his mind

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                              Baal Cloned himself via Asgard Cloning technology. technology he got through being Anubis' pawn and surviving him, technology Anubis got from Thor by probing his mind
                              But thor's mind took over the computer and gave anubis a headache
                              sigpic

Comment

I am glad to see that my question has stumped a lot more people than just me. In the fic that I am writing at the moment I have Bastet, Ba'al and Anubis going against some of SG 1. I can't go into to much detail without giving a summery/backstory to the whole fic. It has been forever and a day since I have even tried to write any fics and found that it's taking me a bit to get back into things.

It was just something that I had included in the story but wasn't quiet sure I had gotten it to cannon.
                                This isn't about love. This is about revenge....

Comment

Working...
                                X