No announcement yet.

Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know where I might find interior diagrams of tel'taks, troops transports and/or Ha'taks?
    Thanks
    sigpic

http://www.moonsmusings.com/bluemoon/
    http://www.gatefic.com/

My Fiction:

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
      So, yeah, I guess it's 2010. Will check my email. Thanks, all!
      No, you have 2007 (second email). Once you find the options, which will be at the very bottom right of the menu you get when you click on the pretty button (not in the list on the left side, with things like send, save as, etc.), the screen should look the same as it does in 2010.

One of the major differences I've found between 2007 and 2010 is that they unhid the file menu.

Seaboe
      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by LC_ View Post
        Does anyone know where I might find interior diagrams of tel'taks, troops transports and/or Ha'taks?
        Thanks
        I'm going to start by assuming you've already searched here at Gateworld. Looking on the web, I found a reference to Yahoo answers, which contains links. I have no idea if any of them are any good (at least 1 ha'tak)

Seaboe
        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
          I'm going to start by assuming you've already searched here at Gateworld. Looking on the web, I found a reference to Yahoo answers, which contains links. I have no idea if any of them are any good (at least 1 ha'tak)

Seaboe
          Thanks for the link. I'm not finding what I want because the only source anyone has to work with is the show so all the articles have the same information...none of which shows any interiors beyond what we saw on the TV. I was kinda hoping that someone might have gone one step further and created how they envisioned the interiors. Ah well...bright side of course is that I can create what I want and no one will be saying "hey that's not right". The Wiki at Stargate Solutions did give me something to think about; I never thought of an al'kesh as carrying troops so there would have to be more room than just what we saw on TV.
          Thanks again.
          sigpic

http://www.moonsmusings.com/bluemoon/
          http://www.gatefic.com/

My Fiction:

Comment

Does anyone know if it would be possible to detonate C-4 with gunpowder and an electrical spark from a defibrillator?

Comment

Originally posted by FanGirl View Post
              Does anyone know if it would be possible to detonate C-4 with gunpowder and an electrical spark from a defibrillator?
              It should be possible. From what I know C-4 is very stable and it takes a great deal of energy for it to go off. C-4 can be used as a fuel for cooking fires as it simply burns when exposed to high temperatures. In order for gunpowder to set off C-4 it would have to be very tightly confined. I've seen countless demonstrations of unconfined gunpowder simply flashing and burning off when simply laying exposed and given the proper spark. That spark can be a match, a lit cigarette, the short from when two wires from a car battery are brought to together. So the energy from a defibrillator should be enough.
              No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
              It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

I'm assuming this is not an automatic defibrillator, because those are specifically designed to only go off if the patient they are attached to needs the shock.

Seaboe

Comment

I don't know if this has been asked or answered earlier.
                  If so, I'm sorry.
                  I'm looking for information on the shields of the F302's

I know they have to have them to go into hyper space, but a number of people have been beamed out to them, and no one has said "drop shields" first.
                  (O'Niell, Teal'c and Sheppard at least.)
                  I'm wondering if they have shields the same as the large ships or indeed Atlantis, or are they unshielded in normal flight. Are the shields tied into the hyper space generator to save the power cells and possibly space.
                  And if they did have shield that could be put up at will, wouldn't that wraith virus have prevented Sheppard from being beamed out when it was trying to kill him? (The Intruder, start of second season)

I hope you understand what I'm getting at here.
                  sigpic

Comment

Do you have any examples from when anyone was beamed out of an F302? The only thing I recall from O'Neill and Teal'c is when they were in an X302 (?) which was basically a Goa'uld deathglider with a USAF sticker slapped on it - and they weren't beamed out, they had to eject and were then ringed into a teltac.

I'm not a fan of SGA and although I've watched all (I think) of the episodes, I barely recall any details so I guess it's possible it happened in The Intruder...
                    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                      Do you have any examples from when anyone was beamed out of an F302? The only thing I recall from O'Neill and Teal'c is when they were in an X302 (?) which was basically a Goa'uld deathglider with a USAF sticker slapped on it - and they weren't beamed out, they had to eject and were then ringed into a teltac.

I'm not a fan of SGA and although I've watched all (I think) of the episodes, I barely recall any details so I guess it's possible it happened in The Intruder...
                      Well for certain Sheppard in intruder.
                      I thought Teal'c and O'Neill got beamed out...but I have only seen that one once and it was a long time ago.

I haven't seen all of SG1, I'm an Atlantis girl.
                      sigpic

Comment

The Intruder (SGA) is the only instance I can remember as well, though Sheppard was beamed out of a Puddle Jumper in The Siege Pt III... I think.
                        And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                          The Intruder (SGA) is the only instance I can remember as well, though Sheppard was beamed out of a Puddle Jumper in The Siege Pt III... I think.
                          Yes he was, but in that instance he was told to lower his shields.
                          Nice sig you have there!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dellruby View Post
                            Yes he was, but in that instance he was told to lower his shields.
                            Nice sig you have there!
                            Puddle jumpers don't normally have shields, not unless their cloaking devices are repurposed. It is one or the other they don't have both at the same time.

Sheppard was told to drop his cloak so that Daedalus could lock onto him to beam him out. The cloaks on the puddle jumpers are good enough to hide it from Wraith sensors which are derived from Lantean tech. And Lantean tech is light years more advanced than the Asgard tech (hyperdrives, sensors and beaming equipment) that Daedalus had.
                            No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                            It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                              Do you have any examples from when anyone was beamed out of an F302? The only thing I recall from O'Neill and Teal'c is when they were in an X302 (?) which was basically a Goa'uld deathglider with a USAF sticker slapped on it...
                              That was the X301; the 302s were 100% AF designed and built.

I don't recall any discussion of the shields specifically in Stargate: SG-1. If it were discussed, it would probably be in Season 6 (Redemption parts 1 & 2) and Season 7 (Fragile Balance). Those are the only episodes I can think of with much discussion of the technical specifications of the F302s.

Seaboe

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                                That was the X301; the 302s were 100% AF designed and built.

I don't recall any discussion of the shields specifically in Stargate: SG-1. If it were discussed, it would probably be in Season 6 (Redemption parts 1 & 2) and Season 7 (Fragile Balance). Those are the only episodes I can think of with much discussion of the technical specifications of the F302s.

Seaboe
                                Thanks for that.
                                I'll work with my first theory then, since I can't find anywhere that states it.
                                You guys are great!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X