So now even less great travel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So now even less great travel.

As much of an improvement as the second season of SGU has been in so many aspects, alien encounters, control of bridge, AI, character interactions and time-travel, the biggest thing that continues to bother both myself and many others, is the lack of Gate travel.
    For the 3 episodes immediately before ''Twin Destinies'' and the 3 episodes immediately after ''Twin Destinies'', excluding MW stuff in ''Seizure'', there was no usage of the Stargate. And even in ''Twin Destinies'' the only Stargates shown or mentioned are the pair of Destiny Gates and the Earth Gate.
    With the news from ''Common Descant'' that the Drones have been tracking Destiny via Gate activity and thus further limiting Gate usage, this is just what I didn't want.
    Discuss please.
    Last edited by Ziel; 20 April 2011, 12:00 PM.
    Whatever the ancients can do we can, eventually, do better.

That is unfortunate for you.

/thread

Comment

Is "great travel" a pun or a typo?
      Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Given that there are only 3 episodes left, I hardly think this is going to be a major issue. Maybe if there had been a 3rd season.
        sigpic
        Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

I'm sorry that its "what you didn't what." However, as another poster stated...I don't foresee this as being much of an issue with the show coming to an end.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ziel View Post
            As much of an improvement as the second season of SGU has been in so many aspects, alien encounters, control of bridge, AI, character interactions and time-travel, the biggest thing that continues to bother both myself and many others, is the lack of Gate travel.
            For the 3 episodes immediately before ''Twin Destinies'' and the 3 episodes immediately after ''Twin Destinies'', excluding MW stuff in ''Seizure'', there was no usage of the Stargate. And even in ''Twin Destinies'' the only Stargates shown or mentioned are the pair of Destiny Gates and the Earth Gate.
            With the news from ''Common Descant'' that the Drones have been tracking Destiny via Gate activity and thus further limiting Gate usage, this is just what I didn't what.
            Discuss please.
            It's like complaining that every show about the military doesn't show daily PT and raising and lowering the flag during Taps and Reveille. We know it happens so why so it? I'll never understand the need to complain about the lack of seeing a Gate.
            "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
            - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

I view the use of the gate in SGU as I did the use of the transporter systems in ST:V, it's part of the furniture of the show, but it's not the show. The people, and their stories are the reason for SGU. The occasional run through the gate is nice, but whether the action takes place on a planet or on board Destiny, it's the people that make the show go.

regards,
              G.
              Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
                I view the use of the gate in SGU as I did the use of the transporter systems in ST:V, it's part of the furniture of the show, but it's not the show. The people, and their stories are the reason for SGU. The occasional run through the gate is nice, but whether the action takes place on a planet or on board Destiny, it's the people that make the show go.

regards,
                G.
                ^this

as much as i was happy to see the gate, i think that was a great explanation of how they were followed. and since there is only 3 episodes left i doubt rather they use the gate or not is going to matter.
                sigpic

Comment

In many SGA episodes the gate didn't serve that big of a purpose either apart from a means to travel to another planet. It could easily have been replaced with the daedalus beaming them down. The point is they go to another planet, wether it is through the gate, down with a shuttle, or beamed down by a ship. Same result.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
                    Is "great travel" a pun or a typo?
                    Originally a typo but I'm going to go ahead and say it's a pun now haha.

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
                    Given that there are only 3 episodes left, I hardly think this is going to be a major issue. Maybe if there had been a 3rd season.
                    Maybe not but I'd hate to think of the idea that they won't use it as freely as they'd should/could for the remaining episodes. And anyway even outside of that, this plot device was wrote when they thought that there would be a 3rd season.

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                    I'm sorry that its "what you didn't what." However, as another poster stated...I don't foresee this as being much of an issue with the show coming to an end.
                    Typo has now been corrected. At least this issue didn't arise earlier in the season.

regards,
                    G.
                    My preference for the gate is that it's an instant scenery change, it's just a little something I like to see in all the shows that this franchise has offered us.
                    Not a major complaint, just a little annoyance that I wanted to express.

Comment

yes s5 of SGA showed us the gate often.

Comment

I wonder if anything is gonna be good enough for some of you ...

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
                          I wonder if anything is gonna be good enough for some of you ...

N.C
                          When they get to write the shows themselves they'll be happy. Until they realize other people don't like what they're writing that is.
                          "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
                          - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

regards,
                            G.
                            this x2

(minus the phrase 'furniture of the show' - just reminds me of set furniture like props or chairs)

Comment

You can please all of the people some of the time,
                              Or some of the people all of the time.

Or vice-versa.

Comment

Working...
                              X