No announcement yet.

Hatred for Rush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought Young and Rush had put their differences aside after the greater good. He even stood next to Rush when was making his speech and was willing to stay behind with him. I don't understand why he would willing let people view him as a 'demon' or even as a bad guy.

Eli had his equations checked back on Earth and they saw no problem so not entirely Eli's fault.

If any thing Telford should get the blame for telling them to go through the gate. He even said he had a good mind to force them through the gate. With his past experience with being brain washed he is the perfect candidate for being a 'demon' .

Comment

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
      I thought Young and Rush had put their differences aside after the greater good. He even stood next to Rush when was making his speech and was willing to stay behind with him. I don't understand why he would willing let people view him as a 'demon' or even as a bad guy.
      Rush would get demonized by the descendants merely because of word of mouth.

First, he was not there to "defend" himself, or in any way alter people's opinions about him. Since folks would talk about Rush as "the guy who stranded us here" and also just how miserable he could be to get along with, he would start off being a negative personality in the minds of the first generations of kids.

Second, it's the old thing of how ideas change over time, distance and people's memories. Over a number of generations (long after the original crew were dead) Rush would become the "boogeyman" used to scare children, or as a curse word, perhaps even as the "devil" assuming there was some sort of organized religion.

regards,
      G.
      Go for Marty...

Comment

True, he would not have had the chance to defend himself. BUT i like the thought that telford would be a better candidate for "demon:"

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          True, he would not have had the chance to defend himself. BUT i like the thought that telford would be a better candidate for "demon:"
          Why? Telford has always had the best intetions for the welfare of the crew
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

The road to hell is paved with them.

And i think Telford only seemed to have the crew at heart for an eventual mutiny against Young

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
              The road to hell is paved with them.

And i think Telford only seemed to have the crew at heart for an eventual mutiny against Young

N.C
              True but that is largely irrelvent. Unbrainwashed Telford has never tried to harm the crew so thier is no reason to spread a dislike of him on Novious
              Jelgate is right

Comment

yes but we saw him headbutt with Young a couple of times over command decisions when he wasnt consulted.

I always felt he was trying to worm the crew on his side because if it came to another hostile takeover, Young would only have his hardcore of friends (Eli, Scott, Greer, T.J)

And Telford would be able to sow enough doubt in the minds of the lower ranks to maybe poach some.

Its just how i've seen him acting the most when he was among Destiny.

Like going over Youngs head with a list of LA that should stay, resulting in the Simeon situation

N.C

Comment

yes but we saw him headbutt with Young a couple of times over command decisions when he wasnt consulted.

I always felt he was trying to worm the crew on his side because if it came to another hostile takeover, Young would only have his hardcore of friends (Eli, Scott, Greer, T.J)

And Telford would be able to sow enough doubt in the minds of the lower ranks to maybe poach some.

Its just how i've seen him acting the most when he was among Destiny.

Like going over Youngs head with a list of LA that should stay, resulting in the Simeon situation

N.C
                  Minor disagreements with Young doesn't seem enough justification to make Telford out to be a villian in comparassion to Rush who has actually mantipulated people to get what he wants. Telford has always stayed inside the chain of command. As for the rest it seems irrelvent to the conversation as random speculation.
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

True, but from what weve seen Rush do, i could see Telford making the same moves, just 1000x more subtly

N.C

Comment

And I just don't see that. Telford has never given any indication to put his life above the crew like Rush. And that is the primary motivation for him being a demon on Novious
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
                        Rush would get demonized by the descendants merely because of word of mouth.

First, he was not there to "defend" himself, or in any way alter people's opinions about him. Since folks would talk about Rush as "the guy who stranded us here" and also just how miserable he could be to get along with, he would start off being a negative personality in the minds of the first generations of kids.

Second, it's the old thing of how ideas change over time, distance and people's memories. Over a number of generations (long after the original crew were dead) Rush would become the "boogeyman" used to scare children, or as a curse word, perhaps even as the "devil" assuming there was some sort of organized religion.

regards,
                        G.
                        agreed on both points

using the thread to nitpick over all the things he did or didn't do (and what he's done is enough) isn't so much the point as what happens over 2000 years. In the long run, Rush's beliefs and actions didn't fare too well
                        sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

N.C
                          True. Telford did go behind his back..

Minor disagreements with Young doesn't seem enough justification to make Telford out to be a villian in comparassion to Rush who has actually mantipulated people to get what he wants. Telford has always stayed inside the chain of command. As for the rest it seems irrelvent to the conversation as random speculation.
                          Lets see. He overrode young in earth (heck tried to assume command, something i can;t remember them ever corroborating). He went behind his back with his wife. He went behind his back with the LA people... I fail to see how that is using the chain of command.
                          As to villian.. what of his comment of "Forcing you to all go home"?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            True. Telford did go behind his back..

Lets see. He overrode young in earth (heck tried to assume command, something i can;t remember them ever corroborating). He went behind his back with his wife. He went behind his back with the LA people... I fail to see how that is using the chain of command.
                            As to villian.. what of his comment of "Forcing you to all go home"?
                            As I said in a previous comment before non-brainwashed Telford. Most of the crew won't blame him for things he couldn't control
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                            X