Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Hatred for Rush

The Beach of naked Sebeceans and margarita shooter

Default Re: Hatred for Rush

Quote Originally Posted by Nth Chevron View Post
    The road to hell is paved with them.

And i think Telford only seemed to have the crew at heart for an eventual mutiny against Young

N.C
    True but that is largely irrelvent. Unbrainwashed Telford has never tried to harm the crew so thier is no reason to spread a dislike of him on Novious
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

yes but we saw him headbutt with Young a couple of times over command decisions when he wasnt consulted.

I always felt he was trying to worm the crew on his side because if it came to another hostile takeover, Young would only have his hardcore of friends (Eli, Scott, Greer, T.J)

And Telford would be able to sow enough doubt in the minds of the lower ranks to maybe poach some.

Its just how i've seen him acting the most when he was among Destiny.

Like going over Youngs head with a list of LA that should stay, resulting in the Simeon situation

N.C

yes but we saw him headbutt with Young a couple of times over command decisions when he wasnt consulted.

I always felt he was trying to worm the crew on his side because if it came to another hostile takeover, Young would only have his hardcore of friends (Eli, Scott, Greer, T.J)

And Telford would be able to sow enough doubt in the minds of the lower ranks to maybe poach some.

Its just how i've seen him acting the most when he was among Destiny.

Like going over Youngs head with a list of LA that should stay, resulting in the Simeon situation

N.C
    Minor disagreements with Young doesn't seem enough justification to make Telford out to be a villian in comparassion to Rush who has actually mantipulated people to get what he wants. Telford has always stayed inside the chain of command. As for the rest it seems irrelvent to the conversation as random speculation.
    Jelgate is right

True, but from what weve seen Rush do, i could see Telford making the same moves, just 1000x more subtly

N.C

And I just don't see that. Telford has never given any indication to put his life above the crew like Rush. And that is the primary motivation for him being a demon on Novious
    Jelgate is right

Lieutenant Colonel xxxevilgrinxxx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gollumpus View Post
    Rush would get demonized by the descendants merely because of word of mouth.

First, he was not there to "defend" himself, or in any way alter people's opinions about him. Since folks would talk about Rush as "the guy who stranded us here" and also just how miserable he could be to get along with, he would start off being a negative personality in the minds of the first generations of kids.

Second, it's the old thing of how ideas change over time, distance and people's memories. Over a number of generations (long after the original crew were dead) Rush would become the "boogeyman" used to scare children, or as a curse word, perhaps even as the "devil" assuming there was some sort of organized religion.

regards,
    G.
    agreed on both points

using the thread to nitpick over all the things he did or didn't do (and what he's done is enough) isn't so much the point as what happens over 2000 years. In the long run, Rush's beliefs and actions didn't fare too well

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Major General

N.C
    True. Telford did go behind his back..

Minor disagreements with Young doesn't seem enough justification to make Telford out to be a villian in comparassion to Rush who has actually mantipulated people to get what he wants. Telford has always stayed inside the chain of command. As for the rest it seems irrelvent to the conversation as random speculation.
    Lets see. He overrode young in earth (heck tried to assume command, something i can;t remember them ever corroborating). He went behind his back with his wife. He went behind his back with the LA people... I fail to see how that is using the chain of command.
    As to villian.. what of his comment of "Forcing you to all go home"?

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    True. Telford did go behind his back..

Lets see. He overrode young in earth (heck tried to assume command, something i can;t remember them ever corroborating). He went behind his back with his wife. He went behind his back with the LA people... I fail to see how that is using the chain of command.
    As to villian.. what of his comment of "Forcing you to all go home"?
    As I said in a previous comment before non-brainwashed Telford. Most of the crew won't blame him for things he couldn't control
    Jelgate is right