TJ's & Young's Child

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TJ's & Young's Child

Just because this seems to be a somewhat hot topic, I thought I'd throw this out there:

What if the child that TJ gave birth to wasn't Young's biologically?

If we take at face value what we saw, then yes, it's Young's. But what if Varro fell ill or died because of some accident? Would Young leave poor TJ all on her own? The Young we currently know might. But "stuck-on-an-alien-world-with-no-hope-of-leaving" Young might not, and may look at raising the child as his own with TJ.

Discuss?

Well, I do believe that this child was Young's based on his reaction to it and TJ.

That being said, I do believe that Young would step in and support TJ if Varro has fathered and died along the way. I think TJ would turn to him automatically because of their connection with Carmen. I think they would grow closer especially of Varro dies early along in the pregnancy. TJ could reignite her feelings for Everett which would then explain her allowing Young to be so openly affectionate with his kisses. Young would have embraced the child as his with TJ and raised him as such. And whose to say they wouldn't have one of their own down the road either.

Comment

I thought it was Young's too, but with the baby being the first child born and Young being the leader of the community, he probably would have been really happy about him regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
        ... but with the baby being the first child born and Young being the leader of the community, he probably would have been really happy about him regardless.
        See, that was my thought too. If (and I'm not trying to push the wedge in that anyone should take more than what we collectively think right now) it wasn't Young's biologically, but was Varro's yet Varro was gone for whatever reason, then Young certainly would be elated that they were on the path to a growing civilization. And because it's TJ, he wouldn't give another thought about raising that child as his own especially after their loss of a child together at the hands of the LA.

-All debts have been paid.

Comment

I think it was shown to let T.J and Young know that, even in a an AU, that problem has a resolution and a happy ending

N.C

Comment

Agreed. But it would have been interesting to see / hear whether it was varro's..

Comment

At the very least they should had Varro in that scene. it would have been a nice payoff to what had occurred in the previous episode. It was already, but this would have been even better.

Perfecto!

Comment

Maybe he was dead!

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                  Maybe he was dead!
                  Maybe we'll find out next week.
                  sigpic

Comment

I suspect many of the origional crew would have died. Remember that when they arrived at Novus they had few supplies, odds are many would have died during the first winter. Varro probably perished along with other members of the crew not seen in the Kino footage.

Comment

even if it wasn't biologically his child, I think he'd still support TJ, and still be excited about the birth. Clearly something has happened to Varro - he's either dead or out of the picture - and TJ and Young resumed their relationship

*made me all happy *
                      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

True.. even more so if the real father were not there...

Comment

I'm nearly 100% sure it's Young's child. In the KINO recording they are in the forest, next to a campfire.

- If the child is Young's then it makes perfect sense: if the baby wasn't lost then TJ would have given birth around the time they arrive on Novus.

- But if the child is Varro's then she would still have had a couple of months before the baby's birth. By that time they would already have built at least one building and so she wouldn't have had to give birth outdoors.

IMO

Comment

Originally posted by PenToSword View Post
                            If the child is Young's then it makes perfect sense: if the baby wasn't lost then TJ would have given birth around the time they arrive on Novus.
                            The problem with "if the baby wasn't lost" is that we know she was carrying Young's daughter, not son.

Comment

Yeah, that's true, but if it's not Carmen than we get back to the Varro scenario. By the time she gives birth, there would already be buildings around.

Comment

Working...
                              X