Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Lieutenant Colonel

Default Game of Thrones renewed for a second season!

Yes, I the Mighty 6 platoon, on a dodgy internet connection thanks to Manchester Airports bad wifi, bring you news of a second season of Game of Thrones.

Entertainment Weekly is reporting it has been officially renenwed, and further, got good ratings, 4.2 million across 3 viewings on the first night. All in all then, good times.

Here's the link
    http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/04/19/ga...rones-renewed/

Default Re: Game of Thrones renewed for a second season!

That's how it should be Another 10 or maybe 12 episodes to look forward to.
    There are some very interesting events happening in A Clash of Kings!

Here's another source that reported the renewal
    http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/04/...second-season/

Lets hope the ratings justify continuing renewal and GRRM can keep pace with the series.

Really surprised at the renewal after only one episode. But good for Game of Thones I look forward to watching it on Blu-ray.

Awesome news If only these guys had their claws in SGU

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Evil 37 View Post
    Really surprised at the renewal after only one episode. But good for Game of Thones I look forward to watching it on Blu-ray.
    From what I heard they were THIS close to renew the show anyway, guess they just wanted to see the ratings for the premiere to announce it. So it wasn't unexpected for me, but it's still nice to have the official confirmation. Guess I'll be reading the first book during the break between the seasons.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee84/starg8fans/Sigs%20Collages%20etc/MyThunksBanner-1.jpg
    Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
    Yes, I the Mighty 6 platoon, on a dodgy internet connection thanks to Manchester Airports bad wifi, bring you news of a second season of Game of Thrones.

Entertainment Weekly is reporting it has been officially renenwed, and further, got good ratings, 4.2 million across 3 viewings on the first night. All in all then, good times.

Here's the link
    http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/04/19/ga...rones-renewed/
    great news

The best written female character on trek ever.

George R.R. Martin speculates that will be more episodes in season 2 than in season 1.

Go here to read the entire blog entry (contains a book spoiler, though it won't actually mean anything to somebody who hasn't read the books ) http://grrm.livejournal.com/211736.html

Quote Originally Posted by starg8fans View Post
    From what I heard they were THIS close to renew the show anyway, guess they just wanted to see the ratings for the premiere to announce it. So it wasn't unexpected for me, but it's still nice to have the official confirmation. Guess I'll be reading the first book during the break between the seasons.
    Yea and everyone at HBO was excited for this series for a long time now. They are pretty good at determining when they have a hit series on their hands and they seem to have been right about GoT.

Chief Master Sergeant FrodoFraggins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magictrick View Post
    Yea and everyone at HBO was excited for this series for a long time now. They are pretty good at determining when they have a hit series on their hands and they seem to have been right about GoT.
    Two of my favorite shows, Rome and Carnivale, were given second season nods but never got more from HBO. Rome had enough notice to speed things up and give a decent ending. Carnivale was meant to be six seasons and ended with a cliffhanger.

I'm glad HBO renewed GoT but it will be a long time before I give HBO any of my money. If they manage to complete GoT I'll definitely subscribe for the final season.
    Babylon 5 - Farscape - Lost - Deadwood - Rome - Carnivale - Dexter - Sopranos - The Wire

It was mentioned somewhere that here are 15 million fans of the books out there. Provided they don't mess up the adaptation, that's quite a target audience to work from...

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee84/starg8fans/Sigs%20Collages%20etc/MyThunksBanner-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by FrodoFraggins View Post
    Two of my favorite shows, Rome and Carnivale, were given second season nods but never got more from HBO. Rome had enough notice to speed things up and give a decent ending. Carnivale was meant to be six seasons and ended with a cliffhanger.

I'm glad HBO renewed GoT but it will be a long time before I give HBO any of my money. If they manage to complete GoT I'll definitely subscribe for the final season.
    Nobody's perfect, but from their track record, those two are exceptions as opposed to the norm. Also, HBO is pretty open when it comes to this kind of thing, they admitted canceling Rome was a mistake. Same with Deadwood. I'm not sure about Carnivale as I never followed that show.

Second Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Andron View Post
    That's how it should be Another 10 or maybe 12 episodes to look forward to.
    There are some very interesting events happening in A Clash of Kings!

Here's another source that reported the renewal
    http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/04/...second-season/

Actually how it SHOULD be is 20 episode seasons, with 3 seasons announced before launch. If it does well after the first several episodes, renew it for an additional 2 seasons at that time. This season-by-season crap is really starting to tick me off....

I'm really glad the show's already been renewed for a second season.

I came in to the subforum to post just this news, awesomesauce
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Quote Originally Posted by Ekras View Post
    Actually how it SHOULD be is 20 episode seasons, with 3 seasons announced before launch. If it does well after the first several episodes, renew it for an additional 2 seasons at that time. This season-by-season crap is really starting to tick me off....
    Especially when they announce their decision at the last moment when the season finale is pretty well done, so the show ends on a cliffhanger...

20 episode seasons have a tendency to run too long for the story they're trying to tell. I much prefer the premium cable/UK tendency to do 10-13 episode seasons.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Lieutenant Colonel

Nobody's perfect, but from their track record, those two are exceptions as opposed to the norm. Also, HBO is pretty open when it comes to this kind of thing, they admitted canceling Rome was a mistake. Same with Deadwood. I'm not sure about Carnivale as I never followed that show.
    In the case of both Deadwood and Rome it wasn't even their fault entirely. In Deadwood's case, the costs were spiralling rapidly out of control, the creator, David Milch had them build the entire town of Deadwood, not just the sets they needed. Also they had a large cast of very well known actors. That being said they offered David Milch a miniseries to wrap things up, but he turned them down and tried to raise funding for couple of movies to wrap up Deadwood, and failed.

As for Rome, that was mostly the BBC's fault, they provided 15% of the funding, and the costs again were spiralling out of control. The BBC butchered the show when they showed, cutting down episodes, and combining them, so the reaction was very negative in the uk. They then pulled out of funding and HBO was left it a very expensive show (much more expensive than GOT) and it was worried about ratings. So they told the creator they were ending it after the second season and gave the writers time to wrap thing up. As it turned out the ratings were very good for Rome, but before they could renew it, the set burned down and the actors moved on the other projects. But they are trying to put a movie together as we speak.

HBO are pretty good with their shows, if they do cancel them they try and give warning, or ways to wrap them up and they have admitted their mistake in cancelling Deadwood and Rome. As for GOT it should hopefully go on for a long time, it’s estimated they’ll make $1 billion from the first season alone, they’ve already made something like $300 million in international sales.

Lieutenant Colonel MattSilver 3k's Avatar

I like HBO. They're fun. HBO and AMC. Both fun. I like them.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

HBO co-president Richard Plepler and programming president Michael Lombardo told EW that the second season will have 10 episodes.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/04/19/ga...-season-two-2/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast