Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones renewed for a second season!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game of Thrones renewed for a second season!

Yes, I the Mighty 6 platoon, on a dodgy internet connection thanks to Manchester Airports bad wifi, bring you news of a second season of Game of Thrones.

Entertainment Weekly is reporting it has been officially renenwed, and further, got good ratings, 4.2 million across 3 viewings on the first night. All in all then, good times.

Here's the link
    http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/04/19/ga...rones-renewed/

That's how it should be Another 10 or maybe 12 episodes to look forward to.
    There are some very interesting events happening in A Clash of Kings!

Here's another source that reported the renewal
    http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/04/...second-season/
    sigpic
    My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

Lets hope the ratings justify continuing renewal and GRRM can keep pace with the series.

Comment

Really surprised at the renewal after only one episode. But good for Game of Thones I look forward to watching it on Blu-ray.

Comment

Awesome news If only these guys had their claws in SGU
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil 37 View Post
            Really surprised at the renewal after only one episode. But good for Game of Thones I look forward to watching it on Blu-ray.
            From what I heard they were THIS close to renew the show anyway, guess they just wanted to see the ratings for the premiere to announce it. So it wasn't unexpected for me, but it's still nice to have the official confirmation. Guess I'll be reading the first book during the break between the seasons.

sigpic
            Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
              Yes, I the Mighty 6 platoon, on a dodgy internet connection thanks to Manchester Airports bad wifi, bring you news of a second season of Game of Thrones.

Entertainment Weekly is reporting it has been officially renenwed, and further, got good ratings, 4.2 million across 3 viewings on the first night. All in all then, good times.

Here's the link
              http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/04/19/ga...rones-renewed/
              great news
              sigpic
              The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

George R.R. Martin speculates that will be more episodes in season 2 than in season 1.

Go here to read the entire blog entry (contains a book spoiler, though it won't actually mean anything to somebody who hasn't read the books ) http://grrm.livejournal.com/211736.html
                sigpic
                My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
                  From what I heard they were THIS close to renew the show anyway, guess they just wanted to see the ratings for the premiere to announce it. So it wasn't unexpected for me, but it's still nice to have the official confirmation. Guess I'll be reading the first book during the break between the seasons.
                  Yea and everyone at HBO was excited for this series for a long time now. They are pretty good at determining when they have a hit series on their hands and they seem to have been right about GoT.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                    Yea and everyone at HBO was excited for this series for a long time now. They are pretty good at determining when they have a hit series on their hands and they seem to have been right about GoT.
                    Two of my favorite shows, Rome and Carnivale, were given second season nods but never got more from HBO. Rome had enough notice to speed things up and give a decent ending. Carnivale was meant to be six seasons and ended with a cliffhanger.

I'm glad HBO renewed GoT but it will be a long time before I give HBO any of my money. If they manage to complete GoT I'll definitely subscribe for the final season.
                    Babylon 5 - Farscape - Lost - Deadwood - Rome - Carnivale - Dexter - Sopranos - The Wire

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                      It was mentioned somewhere that here are 15 million fans of the books out there. Provided they don't mess up the adaptation, that's quite a target audience to work from...

sigpic
                      Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Originally posted by FrodoFraggins View Post
                        Two of my favorite shows, Rome and Carnivale, were given second season nods but never got more from HBO. Rome had enough notice to speed things up and give a decent ending. Carnivale was meant to be six seasons and ended with a cliffhanger.

I'm glad HBO renewed GoT but it will be a long time before I give HBO any of my money. If they manage to complete GoT I'll definitely subscribe for the final season.
                        Nobody's perfect, but from their track record, those two are exceptions as opposed to the norm. Also, HBO is pretty open when it comes to this kind of thing, they admitted canceling Rome was a mistake. Same with Deadwood. I'm not sure about Carnivale as I never followed that show.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Andron View Post
                          That's how it should be Another 10 or maybe 12 episodes to look forward to.
                          There are some very interesting events happening in A Clash of Kings!

Here's another source that reported the renewal
                          http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/04/...second-season/

Actually how it SHOULD be is 20 episode seasons, with 3 seasons announced before launch. If it does well after the first several episodes, renew it for an additional 2 seasons at that time. This season-by-season crap is really starting to tick me off....

Comment

I'm really glad the show's already been renewed for a second season.
                            sigpic

Comment

I came in to the subforum to post just this news, awesomesauce
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                              X