No announcement yet.

The Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you noticed the quote i did? Because my post makes perfect sense... at least to me.
    Rylor said it to.
    sigpic
    - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by tinerin View Post
      Lava isn't even really that hot though (most active volcanos on Earth are around 750-950 Celsius). Even us humans now have the ability to build things that could withstand those temperatures; it is just very expensive and has very few practical purposes. A space shuttle has to endure higher temperatures during atmospheric reentry (around 1600 Celsius).
      Never knew that.

Comment

Well the MK2 gates were made of Naquadah, and we see in SG1 season 7 that they use magma flows to refine the Naquadah into ship building grade.

So would say Naquadah becomes softer if not molten at that temp.

N.C

Comment

It's possible that naturally occuring naquadah is similar to uranium, where the raw ore that you mine can be less than 1% of the actual element. Melting away the impurities could just be part of the process of refining the raw naquadah ore into weapons grade naquadah? It might not necessarily be the only way to refine naquadah but it could get the job done without having to give your slaves access to advanced technology.

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
            Well the MK2 gates were made of Naquadah, and we see in SG1 season 7 that they use magma flows to refine the Naquadah into ship building grade.

N.C
            Which ep?? I don't remember seeing any lava flows?

Comment

Working...
            X