Spare part and tools at Novus!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spare part and tools at Novus!

Hope they just suit up with the exo-suit and salvage any useful equipment on the planet. Destiny could hovering around the planet for months. For sure, there a lots of part that could fix the CO2 scrubber and a lots more many things that useful.

It just about 30 years after the civilization went dead. So, many thing could still useful to help hundreds of people on destiny to continue survive for a very long time. No need for the stasis pod at the moment.

Yeah, they could have power sources, advanced medical supplies and equipment, weapons (at least hand weapons), Glasses for those who need it.

They could even get a few luxury items. Books that have been written. Hey maybe even a TV with their versions of DVDs as you would assume they have developed that kind of thing given their city size people would want entertainment. Music. Computers to use to interface with Destiny possibly better than their current ones. not better than Destiny's computers, but earths.

I know they may not be advanced compared to Earth (or at least not 2000 years) as they would need to start from the bottom in a way they would have just gotten there quicker. They were at least to a nuclear age and looking at their cities they are advanced. No space ships or else they would have flown to the settlement to find out what is going on.

they could get spare clothing, much needed footware. So much stuff.

Comment

Everyone seems to be missing the obvious, there are two machine destroyers of all technology and there were TWO different cultures on neuvos... It seems their rivalry went beyond nuking thy neighbour, but using tech to destroy the tech of thy neighbour which has lead to their extinction and the only survivors are the few settlers that are on off neuvo's world alpha, beta, gamma, delta etc sites...

Comment

There was no nuclear war, there was no radiation found. An no EM signals either.

The city was also intact. No battle damage. no riot damage, and sadly no motorcars It seem the population was just picked up and transported to some other place .
        It was a volcanic induce winter. Cause by a incoming black hole.

I do hope we spend sometime there picking up supplies and materials on the planet. An repairing the ship systems.

I would say the Nova are equal to earth current day to day tech or slightly more advance than us today, an that was thirty odd years ago, judging by there skyscrapers.. So If we ever do fine survivors that have maintain there technology progress they should be thirty or more years ahead of us technology wise. Presuming they have kept on making progress.

Comment

why 30 years ago? I am guessing they did not have the Church running industry and civilisation for 800 years as we had on Earth. Nothing progressed for over 8 Centuries! Imagine where they would be without religious wingnuts dictating that life should be lived according to a institutionally constructed book. Humanity stagnated for almost a millennium. I totally expect that if this civilisation/world did not have that hinderance, they would be far far more advanced than we are or will be for centuries. Societies to the level that we currently are, use nukes to destoy a world, but a society that is up to a 1000 years more advanced than us, would have far more creative ways of destorying each other...

Comment

Originally posted by aquaman View Post
            why 30 years ago? I am guessing they did not have the Church running industry and civilisation for 800 years as we had on Earth. Nothing progressed for over 8 Centuries! Imagine where they would be without religious wingnuts dictating that life should be lived according to a institutionally constructed book. Humanity stagnated for almost a millennium. I totally expect that if this civilisation/world did not have that hinderance, they would be far far more advanced than we are or will be for centuries. Societies to the level that we currently are, use nukes to destoy a world, but a society that is up to a 1000 years more advanced than us, would have far more creative ways of destorying each other...
            I guesting there population size would have placed some limits on there technological progress. Size of the population would have meant they would be limited to what they could build and when they could build it. Also we know there is some form religion on the planet so that may have held back there progress a little.

Also these two fractions may of been peaceful for centuries and as much as we may hate war, Humanity advance the quickest when we are trying to kill each other or trying to survive a natural disaster. They seem have on a idyllic planet with plenty of resources, an pretty free of diseases and germs.

Comment

Although they have the downfall of initial small genetic pool, it is a pretty impressive genetic pool to begin a civilization with. Some of the brightest minds earth has produced and some of the best military and physical people earth has produced. If they just keep the balding guys out of the equation (I am a balding guy and only mid 20's so I mean no real offense by it) they could have a nice and perfect genetic pool down the line.

The size of the population would have hindered their capabilities to produce huge sky scrapers etc, though they did have some impressive buildings. I think the technology could have been really advanced, given their starting point. It would really depend on how much they could build before they were dead in order to pass on information their their children and so on.

Comment

Somehow, I don't think they'll be able to remain on Novus for too long. Something is gonna force them away before they get too much. But in a brighter note, they probably picked up all or most of the gear on the settlement planet, so they do have more stuff now.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
                  Somehow, I don't think they'll be able to remain on Novus for too long. Something is gonna force them away before they get too much. But in a brighter note, they probably picked up all or most of the gear on the settlement planet, so they do have more stuff now.
                  Spoiler:
                  We know they spend some time there exploring the planet, they find a underground memorial for the ancients (themselves) and they explore other ruins.
                  Plus the other episodes look like Destiny going to be is a lot of battles, especially if we take the titles of the episode literally, they will need to do some serious repairs for the ship to survive those.
                  An I want to see the ship get a bit better before see the last of her.

Comment

People seem to forget one thing. The stupid Countdown.
                    thelastgreatprophecy.com

Comment

Why are people assuming a war happened there is no evidence of such a thing.

Anyways, the ship needs a major repair. I am betting this is where it happends. 2000 Years a huge amount of time to develop and they had a head start.

Comment

Originally posted by kcatlantis View Post
                        They can always jump and u-turn.

Comment

Hope Novus has plenty of spares of spark generators, I think Destiny used all theirs up in this episode.
                          I thought Atlantis was bad for spark overuse but SGU is giving them a run for their money!

Comment

Originally posted by kcatlantis View Post
                            At this point the countdown is only a suggestion, they have to ability to override it.

Comment

Originally posted by eonflux View Post
                              Why are people assuming a war happened there is no evidence of such a thing.

Anyways, the ship needs a major repair. I am betting this is where it happends. 2000 Years a huge amount of time to develop and they had a head start.
                              Plus since the society was founded BY those from the Destiny, perhaps they anticipated its return and built up stock piles of repair parts!

Comment

Working...
                              X