Why didn't they just...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why didn't they just...

If the colonists were going to be such a drain on resources, why didn't they just put them in the stasis pods?

Does Destiny have enough power reserves to sustain 300 people in stasis pods? Not to mention, does it even HAVE 300 stasis pods?

Comment

they very may well end up doing that

Comment

Originally posted by darkthunder84 View Post
        Does Destiny have enough power reserves to sustain 300 people in stasis pods? Not to mention, does it even HAVE 300 stasis pods?
        I doubt the stasis pods use that much power and I would think the amount would be able to last the week and by that time they would find a new sun to go in

Comment

doesn't matter if there is enough for all, the fact that there should be enough for some would be hugely beneficial.

Comment

Can we assure them nothing bad will happen to them while they're in our care without lying to their faces?

Nope.
            sigpic
            ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

As far as we know, only Rush, Brody, Eli and Chloe are aware of them. Considering what happened (from their perspective) I doubt Eli, Brody or Chloe would suggest it, and Rush didn't seem to want them there in the first place.

Comment

A better question is, if the settlers were going to put so much strain on the CO2 scrubbers, that by the time they disembarked, Destiny would be back where it started ie. needing more Lime.

Why wouldn't they just pack extra Lime and have some spare?

Comment

Originally posted by D Toccs View Post
                  A better question is, if the settlers were going to put so much strain on the CO2 scrubbers, that by the time they disembarked, Destiny would be back where it started ie. needing more Lime.

Because they were on the clock and could only find that much.

Comment

Originally posted by D Toccs View Post

OR

Why not just fly to the Novus and check things out then use the gate on Destiny to report back. Or are we expected to believe that Destiny's gate has a shorter range than every other gate in the network? There were so many things in this episode that bugged me, so i'm basically calling it. The writers are that out of touch with the show's history that canceling it was the best thing that could of happened. They've lost the wild solutions to impossible situations that made the show great.

Goodbye Stargate. You were great once.

Comment

Originally posted by Esquin View Post
                      OR

Why not just fly to the Novus and check things out then use the gate on Destiny to report back. Or are we expected to believe that Destiny's gate has a shorter range than every other gate in the network?
                      Uh, isn't that what they planned to do before they were attacked?

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                        Uh, isn't that what they planned to do before they were attacked?
                        Listen to it again if you can. They specifically talk about using the Novus gate if it can be repaired. The whole reason Eli pushes for taking the people with them is because of the implication that if the Novus gate or Novus itself is gone they won't be able to tell these people. Thats a huge point of tension and the only reason they originally want to bring them along, because if the Novus gate is unrepairable then they can't bring the people through.

But yeah, DESTINY HAS A GATE!

Comment

You guys seem to forget that back in season one people were left behind on planets because Destiny's gate range is a lot shorter than the Milky Way and Pegasus. The only reason the ship can dial Earth is because the gate address has a ninth chevron; that is not so with the gates in the rest of the Destiny network. Given that Novus was a week away, it is almost impossible that the gate would still have been in range. Remember all the planet hopping in "Lost"?

So, the writer's didn't forget the shows history. You just can't remember that history. Stop picking holes that aren't there and just enjoy one of the best episodes of the entire series.

And on the stasis pod question, I highly doubt that there were enough pods for the entire Novus expedition; there were only a dozen or so in the room we saw and Brody said that there were two more of those rooms going off in either direction, so that makes about thirty six pods overall. While I agree it would have made some difference to the supply issue, it would also have used up a quite a large amount of power and given Destiny's currently damaged state, that would not have been a very good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil 37 View Post
                            You guys seem to forget that back in season one people were left behind on planets because Destiny's gate range is a lot shorter than the Milky Way and Pegasus. The only reason the ship can dial Earth is because the gate address has a ninth chevron; that is not so with the gates in the rest of the Destiny network. Given that Novus was a week away, it is almost impossible that the gate would still have been in range. Remember all the planet hopping in "Lost"?
                            They gated to the planet they were at from Novus. Novus is obviously in range.

Comment

Originally posted by Esquin View Post
                              They gated to the planet they were at from Novus. Novus is obviously in range.
                              They never said that. They said that they used the "gate network" to get there (I believe). Again, do you not remember the planet hopping?

Comment

Working...
                              X