Eli's kid(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
    Come on, Varro is Younger, bigger and also with Leaderqualities. Young is just the commanding officer, that doesnt make a Alpha yet.
    Are you kidding. That's exactly what makes him the alpha male. He has all the authority. What he says goes. That is exactly what an alpha male is. Sure if this were the wild he would have his pick of eating first and who he wants to sleep with. But his ability to say what he wants to happen and others having to follow is exactly what an alpha is. Sure in the case of say Jack vs Hammond, you could argue that Jack is the alpha but that is only because he is a main character, in real life Hammond would have been. But in this circumstance where, in general, everyone has to follow the word of Young, he most certainly is the alpha by a long shot. That is what was making tension at times having Telford on board because he was the only one with any ability to challenge him as Alpha.

Look at the officers under him, they were willing to let Telford die under Young's command, there was nothing ANYONE could do about it. They just had to let him because it was Young. No one could really challenge him. Wray could try, but she wouldn't be able to. and you saw TJ with the whole "He's a full bird Colonel blah blah blah" her little look was definitely showing how impressed she is by him and what he can do. These things massively make him the alpha on that ship.

Comment

Of named characters, James. Though some random extra is a good chance.

I was surprised to see TJ and Young - it seemed like TJ and Varro were becoming an item.

Comment

From Wikipedia:

Jennifer Spence (born January 22, 1977) is a Canadian actor. Her acting credits include playing the part of Dr. Lisa Park on the Stargate Universe television series.
        Spence was born and raised in Toronto, Canada to a British father and third generation Japanese Canadian mother.

Comment

Originally posted by Selene1212 View Post
          From Wikipedia:

Jennifer Spence (born January 22, 1977) is a Canadian actor. Her acting credits include playing the part of Dr. Lisa Park on the Stargate Universe television series.
          Spence was born and raised in Toronto, Canada to a British father and third generation Japanese Canadian mother.
          What does this have to do with Eli's kid(s)?

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
            What does this have to do with Eli's kid(s)?
            What does half this thread have to do with Eli's kids? What does Harry Potter have to do with GateWorld? I'm sorry I didn't quote the half a dozen posts on the previous few pages wondering about her ethnicity...

Anyway, I haven't heard anything about the mother of Eli's kids, but in a spoiler pic
            Spoiler:
            I saw that the school on Novus was named after Eli.

Comment

Originally posted by Selene1212 View Post
              What does Harry Potter have to do with GateWorld?
              Its MY sig and avatar it can be on anything I WANT.

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                Its MY sig and avatar it can be on anything I WANT.
                For the record I don't really care what your signature is, I was just making a point about my post and my participation in this thread.

Comment

traylor,

Originally posted by traylormatt View Post
                  Are you kidding. That's exactly what makes him the alpha male. He has all the authority. What he says goes. That is exactly what an alpha male is. Sure if this were the wild he would have his pick of eating first and who he wants to sleep with. But his ability to say what he wants to happen and others having to follow is exactly what an alpha is. Sure in the case of say Jack vs Hammond, you could argue that Jack is the alpha but that is only because he is a main character, in real life Hammond would have been. But in this circumstance where, in general, everyone has to follow the word of Young, he most certainly is the alpha by a long shot. That is what was making tension at times having Telford on board because he was the only one with any ability to challenge him as Alpha.

Look at the officers under him, they were willing to let Telford die under Young's command, there was nothing ANYONE could do about it. They just had to let him because it was Young. No one could really challenge him. Wray could try, but she wouldn't be able to. and you saw TJ with the whole "He's a full bird Colonel blah blah blah" her little look was definitely showing how impressed she is by him and what he can do. These things massively make him the alpha on that ship.
                  Oh, all Varro has to do is affix the cone of shame around Young's neck then he's alpha and TJ is all his.
                  All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Originally posted by Ser Scot A Ellison View Post
                    Oh, all Varro has to do is affix the cone of shame around Young's neck then he's alpha and TJ is all his.
                    Young would have none of it. Also if Varro came near him, Matt and Greer would take him down.

Comment

Your all forgetting that Varro never showed any indication of wanting to become leader/alpha, his only wish was that Young trust him and the LA and allow them to be integrated into Destiny's crew.

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
                        Your all forgetting that Varro never showed any indication of wanting to become leader/alpha, his only wish was that Young trust him and the LA and allow them to be integrated into Destiny's crew.

N.C
                        There is still the possibility that he could be a LA Leader. Also, the reasoning you guys use to proof that Young is numero uno is kind of weird. Ever since the Crew got to Destiny, Young made mistakes and even got almost overthrown. The only reason he is still in command is that he has the People with Weapons on his side. Same goes for all the other Situations. In my opinion Young is near to a mild Dictator, if People mock up control them with fear.

In our Society a real Alpha needs to be wanted by his followers, but most People dont think that much of him. Just like on Novus there are 2 groups, Youngs and Rushs. That would actually put Rush also in the running, more so then Varro actually.
                        Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                        Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                        There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                          In our Society a real Alpha needs to be wanted by his followers, but most People dont think that much of him.
                          In your opinion.

I've found that the Alpha is simply the one who steps up and takes it, like or dislike of the Alpha doesn't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Shylodog View Post
                            In your opinion.

I've found that the Alpha is simply the one who steps up and takes it, like or dislike of the Alpha doesn't matter.
                            Your right. Still, if People dont approve they will turn to someone else and that would make the other one Alpha. A leader is nothing without subordinates, if they dont choose but are forced to follow him, he is not much of a leader. The military personell does not count. They are more a way to enforce leadership.
                            Last edited by tomstone; 22 April 2011, 11:19 AM.
                            Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                            Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                            There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by traylormatt View Post
                              Young would have none of it. Also if Varro came near him, Matt and Greer would take him down.
                              Pretty safe bet they would have sent LA to another and then stranded them by blowing the gate. Or more simply off'd them.

Comment

Who else would it be?
                                Matt? seriously?
                                Greer? seriously?
                                Varro? maybe head of security
                                Wray? we'll make her head of HR
                                Eli? maybe when he grows up

There really is no other choice as to who gets to be boss.

Comment

Working...
                                X