Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 129

Thread: Eli's kid(s)

  1. #61
    Second Lieutenant traylormatt's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    369

    Default Re: Eli's kid(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by tomstone View Post
    Come on, Varro is Younger, bigger and also with Leaderqualities. Young is just the commanding officer, that doesnt make a Alpha yet.
    Are you kidding. That's exactly what makes him the alpha male. He has all the authority. What he says goes. That is exactly what an alpha male is. Sure if this were the wild he would have his pick of eating first and who he wants to sleep with. But his ability to say what he wants to happen and others having to follow is exactly what an alpha is. Sure in the case of say Jack vs Hammond, you could argue that Jack is the alpha but that is only because he is a main character, in real life Hammond would have been. But in this circumstance where, in general, everyone has to follow the word of Young, he most certainly is the alpha by a long shot. That is what was making tension at times having Telford on board because he was the only one with any ability to challenge him as Alpha.

    Look at the officers under him, they were willing to let Telford die under Young's command, there was nothing ANYONE could do about it. They just had to let him because it was Young. No one could really challenge him. Wray could try, but she wouldn't be able to. and you saw TJ with the whole "He's a full bird Colonel blah blah blah" her little look was definitely showing how impressed she is by him and what he can do. These things massively make him the alpha on that ship.

  2. #62
    Chief Master Sergeant Meshakhad's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    173

    Default Re: Eli's kid(s)

    Of named characters, James. Though some random extra is a good chance.

    I was surprised to see TJ and Young - it seemed like TJ and Varro were becoming an item.

  3. #63
    First Lieutenant Selene1212's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2010
    Location
    aboard The Daniel Jackson ;)
    Posts
    943

    Default Re: Eli's kid(s)

    From Wikipedia:

    Jennifer Spence (born January 22, 1977) is a Canadian actor. Her acting credits include playing the part of Dr. Lisa Park on the Stargate Universe television series.
    ....
    Spence was born and raised in Toronto, Canada to a British father and third generation Japanese Canadian mother.

  4. #64
    Colonel General Jumper One's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,452

    Default Re: Eli's kid(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by Selene1212 View Post
    From Wikipedia:

    Jennifer Spence (born January 22, 1977) is a Canadian actor. Her acting credits include playing the part of Dr. Lisa Park on the Stargate Universe television series.
    ....
    Spence was born and raised in Toronto, Canada to a British father and third generation Japanese Canadian mother.
    What does this have to do with Eli's kid(s)?

  5. #65
    First Lieutenant Selene1212's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2010
    Location
    aboard The Daniel Jackson ;)
    Posts
    943

    Default Re: Eli's kid(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by General Jumper One View Post
    What does this have to do with Eli's kid(s)?
    What does half this thread have to do with Eli's kids? What does Harry Potter have to do with GateWorld? I'm sorry I didn't quote the half a dozen posts on the previous few pages wondering about her ethnicity...

    Anyway, I haven't heard anything about the mother of Eli's kids, but in a spoiler pic
    Spoiler:
    I saw that the school on Novus was named after Eli.

  6. #66
    Colonel General Jumper One's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,452

    Default Re: Eli's kid(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by Selene1212 View Post
    What does Harry Potter have to do with GateWorld?
    Its MY sig and avatar it can be on anything I WANT.

  7. #67
    First Lieutenant Selene1212's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2010
    Location
    aboard The Daniel Jackson ;)
    Posts
    943

    Default Re: Eli's kid(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by General Jumper One View Post
    Its MY sig and avatar it can be on anything I WANT.
    For the record I don't really care what your signature is, I was just making a point about my post and my participation in this thread.

  8. #68
    Captain Ser Scot A Ellison's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    1,155

    Default Re: Eli's kid(s)

    traylor,

    Quote Originally Posted by traylormatt View Post
    Are you kidding. That's exactly what makes him the alpha male. He has all the authority. What he says goes. That is exactly what an alpha male is. Sure if this were the wild he would have his pick of eating first and who he wants to sleep with. But his ability to say what he wants to happen and others having to follow is exactly what an alpha is. Sure in the case of say Jack vs Hammond, you could argue that Jack is the alpha but that is only because he is a main character, in real life Hammond would have been. But in this circumstance where, in general, everyone has to follow the word of Young, he most certainly is the alpha by a long shot. That is what was making tension at times having Telford on board because he was the only one with any ability to challenge him as Alpha.

    Look at the officers under him, they were willing to let Telford die under Young's command, there was nothing ANYONE could do about it. They just had to let him because it was Young. No one could really challenge him. Wray could try, but she wouldn't be able to. and you saw TJ with the whole "He's a full bird Colonel blah blah blah" her little look was definitely showing how impressed she is by him and what he can do. These things massively make him the alpha on that ship.
    Oh, all Varro has to do is affix the cone of shame around Young's neck then he's alpha and TJ is all his.
    All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

    "Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

  9. #69
    Second Lieutenant traylormatt's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    369

    Default Re: Eli's kid(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Scot A Ellison View Post
    Oh, all Varro has to do is affix the cone of shame around Young's neck then he's alpha and TJ is all his.
    Young would have none of it. Also if Varro came near him, Matt and Greer would take him down.

  10. #70
    First Lieutenant Nth Chevron's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    862

    Default Re: Eli's kid(s)

    Your all forgetting that Varro never showed any indication of wanting to become leader/alpha, his only wish was that Young trust him and the LA and allow them to be integrated into Destiny's crew.

    N.C

  11. #71
    Captain tomstone's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,450

    Default Re: Eli's kid(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by Nth Chevron View Post
    Your all forgetting that Varro never showed any indication of wanting to become leader/alpha, his only wish was that Young trust him and the LA and allow them to be integrated into Destiny's crew.

    N.C
    There is still the possibility that he could be a LA Leader. Also, the reasoning you guys use to proof that Young is numero uno is kind of weird. Ever since the Crew got to Destiny, Young made mistakes and even got almost overthrown. The only reason he is still in command is that he has the People with Weapons on his side. Same goes for all the other Situations. In my opinion Young is near to a mild Dictator, if People mock up control them with fear.

    In our Society a real Alpha needs to be wanted by his followers, but most People dont think that much of him. Just like on Novus there are 2 groups, Youngs and Rushs. That would actually put Rush also in the running, more so then Varro actually.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

  12. #72
    Second Lieutenant Shylodog's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    318

    Default Re: Eli's kid(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by tomstone View Post
    ...
    In our Society a real Alpha needs to be wanted by his followers, but most People dont think that much of him.
    ...
    In your opinion.

    I've found that the Alpha is simply the one who steps up and takes it, like or dislike of the Alpha doesn't matter.

  13. #73
    Captain tomstone's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,450

    Default Re: Eli's kid(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by Shylodog View Post
    In your opinion.

    I've found that the Alpha is simply the one who steps up and takes it, like or dislike of the Alpha doesn't matter.
    Your right. Still, if People dont approve they will turn to someone else and that would make the other one Alpha. A leader is nothing without subordinates, if they dont choose but are forced to follow him, he is not much of a leader. The military personell does not count. They are more a way to enforce leadership.
    Last edited by tomstone; April 22nd, 2011 at 12:19 PM.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

  14. #74
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Member Since
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,137

    Default Re: Eli's kid(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by traylormatt View Post
    Young would have none of it. Also if Varro came near him, Matt and Greer would take him down.
    Pretty safe bet they would have sent LA to another and then stranded them by blowing the gate. Or more simply off'd them.

  15. #75
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Member Since
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,137

    Default Re: Eli's kid(s)

    Who else would it be?
    Matt? seriously?
    Greer? seriously?
    Varro? maybe head of security
    Wray? we'll make her head of HR
    Eli? maybe when he grows up

    There really is no other choice as to who gets to be boss.

  16. #76
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Member Since
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,137

    Default Re: Eli's kid(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by tomstone View Post
    There is still the possibility that he could be a LA Leader. Also, the reasoning you guys use to proof that Young is numero uno is kind of weird. Ever since the Crew got to Destiny, Young made mistakes and even got almost overthrown. The only reason he is still in command is that he has the People with Weapons on his side. Same goes for all the other Situations. In my opinion Young is near to a mild Dictator, if People mock up control them with fear.

    In our Society a real Alpha needs to be wanted by his followers, but most People dont think that much of him. Just like on Novus there are 2 groups, Youngs and Rushs. That would actually put Rush also in the running, more so then Varro actually.
    This isn't "band camp" we're talking about here, it is life and death. There are really only a pool of 4 or 5 people capable of making that decision and the only not military in that camp is varro. Wray has shown she is incapable of making a decision AND considering the consequences at the same time. Varro is likely dead or exiled, they tried to kill them remember?

  17. #77

    Default Re: Eli's kid(s)

    Wray gave birth to Eli's FIRST son.........
    Stratification?

  18. #78
    Colonel General Jumper One's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,452

    Default Re: Eli's kid(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by morrismike View Post
    Who else would it be?
    Matt? seriously?
    Greer? seriously?
    Varro? maybe head of security
    Wray? we'll make her head of HR
    Eli? maybe when he grows up

    There really is no other choice as to who gets to be boss.
    Wrong, Greer would be more head of security type

  19. #79
    Captain Duneknight's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    1,979

    Default Re: Eli's kid(s)

    All you crazy, wray? are you kidding me? what would be the significance in that? Its obviously Chloe, she broke up with Scott like how most relationships end and realised that Eli was her type which is how nerds get layed in the end.

  20. #80
    First Lieutenant Nth Chevron's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    862

    Default Re: Eli's kid(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by Duneknight View Post
    All you crazy, wray? are you kidding me? what would be the significance in that? Its obviously Chloe, she broke up with Scott like how most relationships end and realised that Eli was her type which is how nerds get layed in the end.
    Oh the irony of using the word nerd on a Sci-Fi forum website.

    As for whomever, we dont know yet, my fingers are crossed for James and if so, good lad !!

    N.C

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •