Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My idea for a new series, why not just go back to SG-1, but with new characters?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My idea for a new series, why not just go back to SG-1, but with new characters?

Everyone keeps on talking about "rebooting the franchise" since yesterday's news. Why? You could easily come up with a good story that still makes it viable. Here's my idea that I was thinking of last night:

I was thinking yesterday, why not? They could call it something like Stargate Command. I mean, we all know that our beloved team would not be the same forever. People get promoted in the military. They move on, get married, retired, etc. Even if SG-1 had continued it might not be today as it was in season 9, and we all know that there already was a shakeup of the team when O'Neill left, and Carter is now in charge of the Hammond.

So, lets say that we do this a couple years from now. The series could start with a short prologue explaining the state of Atlantis and Destiny, what Destiny's big discovery was and how it affected humanity. Then, a new threat emerges, one that would give Earth a run for its money. They launch a massive attack on Earth and cause all our futuristic technology to be set back to something like SG-1 season 8 levels, perhaps all of our ships are destroyed except for Carter's Hammond (leaving it open for Carter to guest star) and its such a large attack that the Stargate program is finally forced to go public.

With the old SG-1 disbanded and spread out, Stargate Command orders the formation of a new SG-1 comprised of the brightest minds to help combat this threat. The series would continue the adventurous nature of the older series, but would also have some of the darker tone of SGU but without all the soapy aspects. It would also deal with the ramifications of the Stargate going public. Also, not being a reboot means we could see further guest appearances from SG-1/SGA/SGU cast members like what SGU did.
    That is just my two cents.

Basically thats SGU but set on earth
    I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

part of what you said clicks for me. the lingering story, here in our stargate universe as we know it, that just hasn't been told(short of maybe one or two alt-universe episodes) is the revelation of the Stargate program to the public. It seems to me that there's a metric ass-load of stories that could be told based on that fact alone.

/two cents

Comment

I agree there are still many stories to be told. Of the three, the original format was my favourite.
        Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

I agree with Browncoat, MeatCleaver and Mathpiglet.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
          Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
          sigpic
          now also appearing on DeviantArt
          Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Ordering the formation of a 'new SG1' is dramatic, but pointless.

It's the military, SG1 *IS* just two letters and a number. Period.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

*wishes Stargate Command became a series*

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                Ordering the formation of a 'new SG1' is dramatic, but pointless.

It's the military, SG1 *IS* just two letters and a number. Period.
                I don't know, I kind of see it as what the Enterprise is to Star Trek. Just like the Enterprise is the flagship of the Federation, SG-1 is the flagship team. They're the ones that are always on the front lines.

Anyway, perhaps this new threat could emerge because of what Destiny discovers at the conclusion of its mission. Whatever it discovers triggers this new alien threat.

And I don't see it as being like SGU set on Earth. It would be a little darker but would retain more of the humor/adventure aspect of SG-1 (with the visual effects quality of SGU that we've gotten this season). The best comparison might be the latest episode "Hunt" or whatever it was called. Something like that.

Comment

i'm down for that. have us go to war with the planet builders, who may or may not be quite as powerful as we think maybe? or have us ally with everyone to fight them, right down to the jaffa, wraith, LA, and whats left of the Ori forces? talk about kicking it old school.

/i know, that would probably suck but i can dream cant i?

Comment

I doubt setting it 1-2 yrs in the future would have destinie's mission complete...

Comment

I didn't say set it in one-two years but maybe in one-two years from now, when someone is ready to do Stargate - that would make it modern times. And yes, Brad Wright said that SGU was planned as a 5 year series so setting it about 3 years or so in the future would have seen the completion of that mission, and had we gotten the movie that us fans of SGU wanted for closer, it would have come to an end now.

Comment

Originally posted by Browncoat1984 View Post
                        Anyway, perhaps this new threat could emerge because of what Destiny discovers at the conclusion of its mission. Whatever it discovers triggers this new alien threat.
                        I like that idea. Maybe something SGU finds or does makes the Blueberry aliens want to wipe us out or get the device/thingy back. Just a thought.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X