Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Who's Who on GoT - a guide for newbies

I like that they are older in the tv series. In a way, some of the stuff works better if they are older. Dany and Drogo's relationship isn't as skeevy(to me) with her being a bit older, same goes for some of the other relationships involving minors.
    GRRM has also mentioned that he wished he'd made the kids older to start with in the books.

Oh I remember something I have been wondering...

Spoiler:
    Does Bran really not remember his accident, or is he just afraid to tell? I can't remember...Or is it ever mentioned again? Just a simple yes or no would be fine

One more question

I watched "The Kingsroad" last night, and I was thinking about it just a bit ago when a curious question hit me...

Spoiler:
    I'm not completely certain of the timeline of the series, book and show (nor am I willing to look one up in case of spoilers), so this may seem like a stupid question...Cersei was "consoling" Catelyn about Bran when she mentioned that her first son died in infancy. She described him as a "black haired beauty" and said he looked like his father, Robert. Since this child was born before Joffrey (14 I believe in the series) and it would make sense for there to be a fairly long period before Cersei would be willing to have children with "Robert" (as we all know, he is not the father of Cersei's 3 blonde children), an interesting question arises, at least for me...Is it possible that Jon is actually Robert's child? The history behind his birth, if I remember correctly, seems somewhat muddled. And, though I don't know when Robert and Cersei were married (again, unwilling to look it up for fear of any possible spoilers), it would seem to at least be a possibility, for Ned would have been with Robert at war at about that time period, and, for whatever reason, could have possibly ended up with the "dead" child, and have lied to Jon all these years about his true heritage. At the very least, the actors who play Jon and Robert look like they could be related, at least more-so than Ned and Jon...Whether that is a coincidence or not is beyond me.

Anyway, sorry if this seems like a stupid question, but I am curious...I don't need any more information on it other than a simple yes or no, or even "it's possible...".

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    Oh I remember something I have been wondering...

Spoiler:
    Does Bran really not remember his accident, or is he just afraid to tell? I can't remember...Or is it ever mentioned again? Just a simple yes or no would be fine
    As far as I can remember he really doesn't remember when he wakes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    One more question

I watched "The Kingsroad" last night, and I was thinking about it just a bit ago when a curious question hit me...

Spoiler:
    I'm not completely certain of the timeline of the series, book and show (nor am I willing to look one up in case of spoilers), so this may seem like a stupid question...Cersei was "consoling" Catelyn about Bran when she mentioned that her first son died in infancy. She described him as a "black haired beauty" and said he looked like his father, Robert. Since this child was born before Joffrey (14 I believe in the series) and it would make sense for there to be a fairly long period before Cersei would be willing to have children with "Robert" (as we all know, he is not the father of Cersei's 3 blonde children), an interesting question arises, at least for me...Is it possible that Jon is actually Robert's child? The history behind his birth, if I remember correctly, seems somewhat muddled. And, though I don't know when Robert and Cersei were married (again, unwilling to look it up for fear of any possible spoilers), it would seem to at least be a possibility, for Ned would have been with Robert at war at about that time period, and, for whatever reason, could have possibly ended up with the "dead" child, and have lied to Jon all these years about his true heritage. At the very least, the actors who play Jon and Robert look like they could be related, at least more-so than Ned and Jon...Whether that is a coincidence or not is beyond me.

Anyway, sorry if this seems like a stupid question, but I am curious...I don't need any more information on it other than a simple yes or no, or even "it's possible...".
    It hasn't really been revealed yet in the books either, though I'm pretty sure it's not him. They didn't get married until after the war(from what I can remember). There are hints in the series that
    Spoiler:
    Lyanna(Ned's sister) was his mother and Raeghar(*the previous King's son and heir, the one who kidnapped Lyanna, was his father )
    Thats pretty much the most popular theory anyway(and the one that I think is true).
    Last edited by VampyreWraith; March 16th, 2012 at 11:01 AM. Reason: *fixed/added something

Okay...I'm not gonna open the spoilers though

I was just curious cause it seems like a decent enough theory...

The stuff the spoiler tags was something that was hinted at since the first book but I don't remember it being as obviously hinted at during the show so far. Though there may may been a bit of hinting towards it during the convo between Robert and Ned, while they're on the way to King's Landing. I haven't rewatched that episode yet though, so I can't be sure.

I think he's is too old though, to have been that baby. I just looked it up to make sure, and they didn't get married until after the rebellion and in the books Cersei says
    Spoiler:
    that she aborted the child she knew to be Robert's
    instead of him dying just after he was born.

*Oh and I forgot to mention, several of the tv show characters have the wrong color hair/eyes(based on how they are described in the books). I loved Sean Bean as Ned, and I now picture him as Ned whenever I think of the character, but his hair should have been darker. I don't mind or anything though, I'd rather have good actors with the wrong color eyes/hair(contacts, wigs and hair dye aren't always practical), than not as good actors with the right coloring.
    Last edited by VampyreWraith; March 16th, 2012 at 12:56 PM. Reason: *added