This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
    Here's a link to an enormous chart of the various characters and their relationships with each other.

Also comes with a handy map which details the locations of the events shown in the episodes thus far.
    http://hauteslides.com/2011/05/game-...relationships/
    Wow! That's impressive!
    sigpic

Comment

And then there's Drogo...

jason momoa.jpg
      Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

I always forget that there's another son (with the black direwolf)..You only see him twice in the first season, I think.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
          I always forget that there's another son (with the black direwolf)..You only see him twice in the first season, I think.
          Yep, that's Rickon with Shaggydog--the black direwolf.
          sigpic

Comment

Without spoiling anything (if possible, if not just say), does he ever have a bigger purpose than being possibly the most obscure Stark around?
            sigpic

Comment

Without spoiling anything (if possible, if not just say), does he ever have a bigger purpose than being possibly the most obscure Stark around?
              General answer to your question, though I've tagged it just in case.

Spoiler:
              He's only 5 or 6 years old (when the book starts he's 3) so the extent of what he can do is pretty limited.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                General answer to your question, though I've tagged it just in case.

Spoiler:
                He's only 5 or 6 years old (when the book starts he's 3) so the extent of what he can do is pretty limited.
                Ah so they aged him a bit.

I didn't know if, in the books, they jump years ahead at a time or not. I haven't read any of them yet.
                sigpic

Comment

I think all the child characters(and probably some of the adults) have been aged up a bit from the books(probably by about 3 yrs). Bran is 7 at the beginning of the books, in the first ep, it's mentioned that he's 10. Robb and Jon are 14 almost 15 at the beginning of the books, on the series, I'd say they are both at least 17.Dany starts at 13 in the books, shes most likely at least 16 or 17 in the tv series.
                  sigpic

Comment

Rickon may have more in the future, but even in the books he's kinda on the fringes. I'm wondering if he's being 'saved' for the later books. (beyond dance with dragons)

some characters do seem to vanish for hundreds of pages.

as to the aging, it's probably production practicality, older kids are easier to work with. Also with Dany and Drogo...if she's 16ish then it removes the child molestation issue of her marriage to Drogo. In the book she's very clearly 14, but having her be 14 in the show could cause some issues.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      Rickon may have more in the future, but even in the books he's kinda on the fringes. I'm wondering if he's being 'saved' for the later books. (beyond dance with dragons)

some characters do seem to vanish for hundreds of pages.

as to the aging, it's probably production practicality, older kids are easier to work with. Also with Dany and Drogo...if she's 16ish then it removes the child molestation issue of her marriage to Drogo. In the book she's very clearly 14, but having her be 14 in the show could cause some issues.
                      Not only that, but older kids have much less "radical" transformations as they age...Aka, puberty. Take, for example, the difference between Tom Felton (Draco) during even the first and second HP movies...
                      sigpic

Comment

I like that they are older in the tv series. In a way, some of the stuff works better if they are older. Dany and Drogo's relationship isn't as skeevy(to me) with her being a bit older, same goes for some of the other relationships involving minors.
                        GRRM has also mentioned that he wished he'd made the kids older to start with in the books.
                        sigpic

Comment

Oh I remember something I have been wondering...

Spoiler:
                          Does Bran really not remember his accident, or is he just afraid to tell? I can't remember...Or is it ever mentioned again? Just a simple yes or no would be fine
                          sigpic

Comment

One more question

I watched "The Kingsroad" last night, and I was thinking about it just a bit ago when a curious question hit me...

Spoiler:
                            I'm not completely certain of the timeline of the series, book and show (nor am I willing to look one up in case of spoilers), so this may seem like a stupid question...Cersei was "consoling" Catelyn about Bran when she mentioned that her first son died in infancy. She described him as a "black haired beauty" and said he looked like his father, Robert. Since this child was born before Joffrey (14 I believe in the series) and it would make sense for there to be a fairly long period before Cersei would be willing to have children with "Robert" (as we all know, he is not the father of Cersei's 3 blonde children), an interesting question arises, at least for me...Is it possible that Jon is actually Robert's child? The history behind his birth, if I remember correctly, seems somewhat muddled. And, though I don't know when Robert and Cersei were married (again, unwilling to look it up for fear of any possible spoilers), it would seem to at least be a possibility, for Ned would have been with Robert at war at about that time period, and, for whatever reason, could have possibly ended up with the "dead" child, and have lied to Jon all these years about his true heritage. At the very least, the actors who play Jon and Robert look like they could be related, at least more-so than Ned and Jon...Whether that is a coincidence or not is beyond me.

Anyway, sorry if this seems like a stupid question, but I am curious...I don't need any more information on it other than a simple yes or no, or even "it's possible...".
                            sigpic

Comment

Oh I remember something I have been wondering...

Spoiler:
                              Does Bran really not remember his accident, or is he just afraid to tell? I can't remember...Or is it ever mentioned again? Just a simple yes or no would be fine
                              As far as I can remember he really doesn't remember when he wakes up.
                              sigpic

Comment

One more question

I watched "The Kingsroad" last night, and I was thinking about it just a bit ago when a curious question hit me...

Spoiler:
                                I'm not completely certain of the timeline of the series, book and show (nor am I willing to look one up in case of spoilers), so this may seem like a stupid question...Cersei was "consoling" Catelyn about Bran when she mentioned that her first son died in infancy. She described him as a "black haired beauty" and said he looked like his father, Robert. Since this child was born before Joffrey (14 I believe in the series) and it would make sense for there to be a fairly long period before Cersei would be willing to have children with "Robert" (as we all know, he is not the father of Cersei's 3 blonde children), an interesting question arises, at least for me...Is it possible that Jon is actually Robert's child? The history behind his birth, if I remember correctly, seems somewhat muddled. And, though I don't know when Robert and Cersei were married (again, unwilling to look it up for fear of any possible spoilers), it would seem to at least be a possibility, for Ned would have been with Robert at war at about that time period, and, for whatever reason, could have possibly ended up with the "dead" child, and have lied to Jon all these years about his true heritage. At the very least, the actors who play Jon and Robert look like they could be related, at least more-so than Ned and Jon...Whether that is a coincidence or not is beyond me.

Anyway, sorry if this seems like a stupid question, but I am curious...I don't need any more information on it other than a simple yes or no, or even "it's possible...".
                                It hasn't really been revealed yet in the books either, though I'm pretty sure it's not him. They didn't get married until after the war(from what I can remember). There are hints in the series that
                                Spoiler:
                                Lyanna(Ned's sister) was his mother and Raeghar(*the previous King's son and heir, the one who kidnapped Lyanna, was his father )
                                Thats pretty much the most popular theory anyway(and the one that I think is true).
                                Last edited by VampyreWraith; 16 March 2012, 11:01 AM. Reason: *fixed/added something
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X