Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favourite Moments/Quotes ~ Spoilers for all aired episodes, future spoilers tagged.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favourite Moments/Quotes ~ Spoilers for all aired episodes, future spoilers tagged.

~ The Official Game of Thrones Favourite Moments/Quotes Thread. ~

Basic Rundown: After every episode, we come in and note our favourite moments and/or quotes in the episode or the ones that came before, we all play nice about other's opinions, have a good laugh and a lot of fun, and abide by at least one simple rule: spoilers for the books, and consequently, future episodes of this lovely show, are to be tagged in spoiler tags, if discussion ever veers that way, okay? Let's not cause any incidents or anything. Not everyone here's read the books, so do remember that.

So yeah, without further ado... I'll list off a few, and everyone else can chip in afterwards. Let's do it:

1x01: Winter Is Coming:
    - For me, there are two establishing character moments that became instant faves: little Arya coming out nowhere and nailing a bullseye on the target Bran couldn't hit, and Tyrion's incident in the whorehouse. What fun from both of them - promising characters.

- Jaime Lannister (About King Robert): "He can go back to ****ing boars and hunting whores... Or was it the other way around?"

- Dany: "Sir Jorah, I don't know how to say thank you in Dothraki."
    Jorah: "My lady, there is no word for thank you in Dothraki."

- Tyrion's conversation with Jon about being *******s.

- Viserys: "Is it true they lie with their horses?"
    Magister Guy: "I would not ask Khal Drogo that."

- Arya nailing her sister in the side of the face with food, followed by Robb having to take her from the hall. Was it just me, or did the dining crowd let out a disappointed "awww!" as she got taken away?

Everyone else, take it away.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Arya's asking "where's the imp?"
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post

- Arya nailing her sister in the side of the face with food, followed by Robb having to take her from the hall. Was it just me, or did the dining crowd let out a disappointed "awww!" as she got taken away?
      Yup I heard an audible awww as well.

As for me, my favourite moments, apart from the whole thing and the ones mentioned,
      would include

"The Things I do for Love..." Damn I knew that moment was coming but it was still shocking.

Loved the crypt scene between Robert and Eddard, I really felt that was where Mark Addy nailed his character.

And finally despite all this brilliant writing and character drama, the sick puppy in me really enjoyed watching someone's guts fall out. Followed by " “A Dothraki wedding without at least three deaths is considered a very dull affair". I loled.
      Last edited by The Mighty 6 platoon; 18 April 2011, 08:04 AM.

Comment

A few of my favorite moments were already mentioned, but some that weren't are...

-That opening scene beyond the wall with the white walker and the dead people in the camp. It was kind of creepy. I like creepy.

-finding the direwolf puppies.

- Ned and Catelyn talking by the lake in that autumn forest setting. I just thought it was a really pretty setting.

- Jamie talking to Tyrion while he was with the whore and telling him that Ceriesi wants him to be at dinner later, and to not leave him alone with those people.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
          - Ned and Catelyn talking by the lake in that autumn forest setting. I just thought it was a really pretty setting.
          Yes!! I would love to have that in HD as a desktop for my pc.

Comment

Originally posted by Selene1212 View Post
            Yes!! I would love to have that in HD as a desktop for my pc.
            I really liked the scenery. The background landscapes have been great so far.
            sigpic

Comment

Winterfell looks stunning, too. Just like I'd pictured it.

My favourite moment... well, not my "favourite" but the one that struck me most, was when Jaime pushed Bran off the windowsill. Made my heart jump, even though I was waiting for it.

And Drogo taking Dany... I really felt for her. It was so well played.
              sigpic

Comment

A lot has been mentioned but my absolute favorite moment (apart from Arya hitting the bullseye - that was just cheeky) was the opening sequence. The building of the map - awesome animation.

Also, one other thing - a very cute moment actually that made me giggle - when Bran's wolf is waiting for him to come down when Cat finds him coming down. The way that puppie is watching Bran with his big ears, adorably cute.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  A lot has been mentioned but my absolute favorite moment (apart from Arya hitting the bullseye - that was just cheeky) was the opening sequence. The building of the map - awesome animation.

Also, one other thing - a very cute moment actually that made me giggle - when Bran's wolf is waiting for him to come down when Cat finds him coming down. The way that puppie is watching Bran with his big ears, adorably cute.
                  That big eared puppy was the cutest thing ever.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    The puppies in general were awesome, I didn't pay attention to anything else when they were on screen. Definitely my favourite characters

Comment

My favorite moments:

*Jon & Benjen's conversation. I'm looking forward to seeing how Jon's time in the Watch is rendered on screen. That entire subplot was my favorite in the book.

*Tyrion: If I get through this without squirting from one end or the other, it'll be a miracle.

*Magister: A Dothraki wedding without at least three deaths is considered a very dull affair.

*Drogo repeatedly saying "no" to Daenerys, with each moment making her feel more and more helpless. Totally nailed that moment.

*Viserys: I piss on Dothraki omens.

*The entire opening sequence. It did exactly what it was supposed to: elicit lots of interest with the opening action with the Others north of the Wall to draw the viewer in and then blow them away with the fantastic opening credits. I love image of the machinery, a very apt visual metaphor for the intrigue and political machinations going on behind the walls of each location.

*The direwolf pups. I don't usually associate the word "cute" with wolves. I usually picture them with their faces stained with blood and a pack taking down elk, but in this case, "cute" does apply. I wonder whether they used Siberian Huskies or Alaskan Malamutes for the pups?

Edit: I almost forgot to add that I'm really glad Tim Van Patten was the director for this episode. He directed some of the best episodes from another excellent HBO series--The Pacific.
                      Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 19 April 2011, 10:53 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                        Edit: I almost forgot to add that I'm really glad Tim Van Patten was the director for this episode. He directed some of the best episodes from another excellent HBO series--The Pacific.
                        Tim Van Pattern is a great director, and HBO stalwart, having directed episodes of the Sopranos, Deadwood, The Pacific and Boardwalk Empire. Generally if he's on board a show is good. Hope eventually he gets a chance to direct movies, because he's damn good.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                          Tim Van Pattern is a great director, and HBO stalwart, having directed episodes of the Sopranos, Deadwood, The Pacific and Boardwalk Empire. Generally if he's on board a show is good. Hope eventually he gets a chance to direct movies, because he's damn good.
                          Parts 7 & 9 on The Pacific were the darkest and the best episodes of the series in my opinion. Not surprisingly, Van Patten directed those two episodes.
                          sigpic

Comment

New episode aired, and since it has been, we can list off favourite moments/quotes and stuff in this thread without tags. But, of course, any future spoilers, book or not, go in tags under cruel and unusual punishment of having bacon taste like soap for the rest of your lives. Be warned!

Anyway, here's a few before I go do my rewatch:

- Arya's "Stick 'em with the pointy end." What a peach.

- The attempted assassination scene - Catelyn was badass enough, but Bran's direwolf was epicly epic. I mean, wow. You maul that dude.

- Tyrion slapping our least favourite prince. Three times.

- Arya's death glare at Joffey as they discussed killing the direwolves. Man I hope she sticks him with the pointy end.
                            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

A powerfully symbolic moment that I really liked: Ned and Jon were at the crossroads and Ned said that when they next meet, they'll talk about his mother. Ned rides south... and Jon to the north. An excellent parting of the ways.

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                              - The attempted assassination scene - Catelyn was badass enough, but Bran's direwolf was epicly epic. I mean, wow. You maul that dude.
                              Bran's direwolf fighting for Catelyn and Bran and going right for the neck of that assassin and the copious amount of blood... now that's a real direwolf for you. I was glad to see a proper mauling and I got one and a half with this episode.

- Tyrion slapping our least favourite prince. Three times.
                              Satisfying moment there, and then Nymeria later taking a chunk out of Joffrey. God I loved it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X