Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Probie

Default Re: Favourite Moments/Quotes ~ Spoilers for all aired episodes, future spoilers tagge

Favorite scenes by episode:

Eppy 1: When Drogo and Dany first see each other. Then when Drogo gifts Dany with her white horse.
    Arya hitting the bullseye with her arrow.

Eppy 2: When Dany and Drogo make love looking each other in the eye. Drogo walking into the tent naked.
    Arya knocking Joffrey on his ass.

Eppy 3: Vaserys getting the whip wrapped around his neck for getting fresh with his sister.
    Drogo and Dany laying together on there bed. him stroking her tenderly and then discussing the child and kissing. Yummy.

Eppy 4: Vaserys getting put in his place by his sister with the threat of cutting off his hands. LOL

Eppy 6: Dany testing herself with the egg and not getting her hands burned. Dany eating the horse heart and coming out strong, with Drogo looking on in support, respect and proudly. There was also some eye sex/foreplay going on. Him carrying her around as if on a victory lap. The protective Drogo of his wife and child. Drogo crowning the whiney idiot Vaserys.

Eppy7: The wonderful Dany drogo scene discussing the iron throne and the sweet kiss and her braiding his hair. Then of course post assasination attempt where you could see he was so worried about her. Called her Moon of his life. Of course the pledge/speech scene was outstanding.

Eppy 8: Dany claiming the women as her daughters and putting the underling in his place. Drogo giving Dany her due respect and asking for her side of the story. He explained how his society works and yet siding with her on the matter. Showing love and mutual repsect. I love this couple.
    Syrio keeping his flare in the midst of battle.
    Arya getting the hell out of dodge.
    Septa showing so much courage to her death.

Default Re: Favourite Moments/Quotes ~ Spoilers for all aired episodes, future spoilers tagge

I just finished watching Baelor, with the encore presentation up in less than 15 minutes. Brilliant episode but my God what a dark ending. I'll post favorite moments after the encore airing.

Lieutenant Colonel MattSilver 3k's Avatar

Yeah. Damn, this show.

So yeah, my favourite moments in this ep have to be...
    - Tyrion's story about his wife. I heard somewhere else they cut the part where he says Tywin gave him a gold coin to pay his wife for sex right then and there, because a Lannister is worth more. Shame, but still, fun.
    - Jorah taking the blow in his armour and killing the horselord. BAMF.
    - Varys/Ned scene at the start. I'm digging Varys, despite the evilness inside.
    - Cat telling Robb about his wife-to-be, and Theon snickering as she does.
    - Jaime's capture, and the reveal of Robb's plan. Solid.
    - Maester Aemon's reveal.

Yeah, the last scene wasn't something I'd call a "favourite" for reasons of crushing depressiveness, but it was very well done. Very.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

I just finished the encore showing. That last scene did not lose its gravity. Very tough to watch but very well done.

Favorite moments/scenes:

• All the scenes at the Wall. I think they've got just the right actors for all of the characters and that was especially highlighted with Commander Mormont, Maester Aemon, and Jon. I was really glad to see the Old Bear hand over Longclaw to Jon. A bastard with a bastard sword. Heh heh.
    • Tyrion's scenes. When the that story about his wife is revisited again, I'm sure it'll be as intense as what was revealed in this episode. Tywin was badass again. But what's the best about Tyrion's scenes for me? A drinking game!
    • The bloodmagic. Disturbing to watch and hear. Unlike certain other horror-oriented things I've seen in the past, I think this scene genuinely plays off as something absolutely monstrous taking place.
    • Ser Jorah. Absolutely badass. That duel between him and that irate Dothraki brings up an interesting question. Even if Daenerys and Drogo had 40,000 Dothraki on horseback in Westeros, would that be enough to re-take the realm? Cersei didn't think so and this scene illustrated why. Yeah, the arakh is a cool-looking weapon but its design was geared towards disembowelment, which is exactly what that Dothraki tried to to do Jorah. However, the armor plating completely negated that strategy. With 40,000 Dothraki facing similar numbers of Westerosi soldiers with armor plating, I think they'd get their asses handed to them unless Dany had other resources at her disposal.
    • Frey. I remember in the book he was much the jackass and the actor cast for him was perfect.

Frey. I remember in the book he was much the jackass and the actor cast for him was perfect.
    Filch from the Harry Potter films. Nailed it.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

Quote Originally Posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
    Filch from the Harry Potter films. Nailed it [as Lord Walder Frey].
    I couldn't agree more. Even my wife said he looked to be about 90 years old, which of course would be spot on with the book.

I loved the scenes between Ned and Varys. That was the point in the books when I decided that I liked Varys.
    I liked Cat's scenes, I think the actress does a great job with the character(I really didn't like her in the books); so I like that I like her on the tv series.
    Frey was horrible(in a good way), he's as nasty as is was in the books.
    Ser Jorah was great. The noises coming out of the tent were creepy sounding, so that was cool.
    I really liked Jon and Maester Aemon's conversation.

Im certain i heard the phrase "You're a s*** warrior" spoken to Tyrion.

Lieutenant Colonel

Although it was a tragic moment, I think the death of Ned will go down in the books as one of the most shocking and greatest moments of tv history.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
    Although it was a tragic moment, I think the death of Ned will go down in the books as one of the most shocking and greatest moments of tv history.
    Spoiler:
    I found the Red Wedding to be more epic, but I can see why Ned's death is has a greater impact on the series and people will consider it the most surprising moment.

I just finished my second viewing of "Fire and Blood." Brilliant finish to the season. I'd post some favorites but I'm nigh incoherent right now. The past 5 days of work have burned me out, especially with a 17-hour day (an 8-hour shift + a 9-hour ridealong) in the middle and with the my schedule jumping all over the clock, I was barely able to stay alert to watch the episode. The epicness though kept my attention through the whole thing. Favorite points tomorrow when I get some shut-eye.

Moments:

- Mormont's speech near the end about the Watch.
    - Dany at the end.
    - Arya threatening the pig boy.
    - Cat smacking Jaime one. Goood girl.
    - Tywin approving of Tyrion for a moment there.

Favourite Line:
    Joffrey: "And maybe one day they'll bring me your treasonous brother's head."
    Sansa: "Maybe one day he'll bring me yours."

Sansa! You win.

"Do you lie awake at night fearing my gash?"

Tywin and Tyrion.

"I always thought you were a stunted fool, perhaps i was wrong."
    "Half wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by Ukko View Post
    Tywin and Tyrion.

"I always thought you were a stunted fool, perhaps i was wrong."
    "Half wrong"
    Agreed, that one was great. Tyrion's wit is awesome.

I've been preoccupied with a lot of physical fitness-related issues at work for the past 10 days so I haven't even had time to post my favorites for "Fire and Blood" until now.

• The music. I really liked how the opening theme found its way into much of the incidental music for this episode, especially with Jon riding through the forest and the finale with Dany and her dragon brood. It's all the more satisfying to hear it in the soundtrack album now that I know which moments they correspond to on screen.
    • Tyrion & Tywin. These two have such a strange family dynamic that I'm at somewhat of a loss to be able to describe it. Tywin blocking Tyrion's hand when he tried to get a pitcher of wine but then pouring Tyrion a glass himself immediately afterward was a great moment. It was immediately followed up by an even better moment: When Tywin describes the startling turn of events at King's Landing as "Madness. Madness and stupidity." Of course it was a laugh-worthy moment. However it gives an interesting insight into Tywin. He is not at all afraid of the king, the queen regent, or whoever else is in power. It's easily one of my favorite lines & moments in the entire series. Making Tyrion the new Hand was to "bring that boy king to heel" was a brilliant moment too. Though I knew it was coming, Charles Dance and Peter Dinklage once again deliver on the goods.
    • Robb & Catelyn mourning Ned. The amount of love they had for him and their love for each other was powerful in that scene. The profound hurt they both felt was staggering.
    • "The King in the North!" My God that was a stirring scene. The music, the fiery words of fealty, and declaring the North a separate kingdom for the first time in centuries... it made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. It was quite the flip side of Robb & Cat mourning. I especially liked Greatjon's disparaging comments about the other kings.
    • The scenes at the Wall. The scenes at the Wall have always worked well in the series and the ones in the finale were the best of the ones at the wall. Commander Mormont's speech about not meekly waiting for the snows was awesome, especially when combined with that wonderful music.
    • Dany. Her scenes this week were mesmerizing, especially with the funeral pyre. I wondered how the dragon births would be rendered on screen and the final scene surpassed all of my expectations. The awe, wonder, and majesty of that final scene, especially with her khalasar bowing to her (including Jorah) truly cemented her as the Mother of Dragons for me. Again, the music really came through, and that re-orchestrated version of the opening theme with the choir at the end was absolutely brilliant.

Edit: I forgot to put in one of my favorite lines from "Fire and Blood" which happens to be by Gendry: "Will you sing when I hit you?" I wonder how what'll they do with Gendry in the series.
    Last edited by Cold Fuzz; June 23rd, 2011 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Gendry