Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favourite Moments/Quotes ~ Spoilers for all aired episodes, future spoilers tagged.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dragongirl View Post

and of course the death of Viserys.
    "A crown for a king"

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
      "A crown for a king"
      It was the perfect crown for him
      sigpic

Comment

It was the perfect crown for him
        And what wonderful last words he had.
        "aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Poor bugger, he was a deluded idiot, but I just couldn't help to feel sorry for him.

Most violent death of the series so far I think.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
          And what wonderful last words he had.
          "aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Poor bugger, he was a deluded idiot, but I just couldn't help to feel sorry for him.

Most violent death of the series so far I think.
          Yeah it would be frustrating to have someone say they will do something and yet they wont hold up their end of the deal, plus people liked his sister more than him which is not good for a would be king.

Defiantly the the most imaginative death too.

Drogo kneeling down to look in the eyes of Viserys as he died. *shiver*
          sigpic

Comment

Black of hair, black of hair, black of hair....gold of hair.
            sigpic

Comment

Ep 7 spoiler.

Spoiler:
              "And now to my son, the stallion who will mount the world, i will also pledge a gift. I will give him the iron chair that his mother's father sat upon. I will give him seven kingdoms. I, Drogo, will do this. I will take my Khalasar west to where the world ends and ride wooden horses across the black salt water as no Khal has done before. I will kill the men in the iron suits and tear down their stone houses! I will rape their women, take their children as slaves, and bring their broken gods back to Vaes Dothrak! This, i vow, I Drogo, son of Bharbo. I swear before the mother of mountains as the stars look down in witness. As the stars look down in witness!

Last edited by Ukko; 24 May 2011, 05:51 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                Ep 7 spoiler.

Spoiler:
                "And now to my son, the stallion who will mount the world, i will also pledge a gift. I will give him the iron chair that his mother's father sat upon. I will give him seven kingdoms. I, Drogo, will do this. I will take my Khalasar west to where the world ends and ride wooden horses across the black salt water as no Khal has done before. I will kill the men in the iron suits and tear down their stone houses! I will rape their women, take their children as slaves, and bring their broken gods back to Vaes Dothrak! This, i vow, I Drogo, son of Bharbo. I swear before the mother of mountains as the stars look down in witness. As the stars look down in witness!

Ha.

Episode Seven:

Spoiler:
                "You really shouldn't have trusted me." Littlefinger you card you! Curse your inevitable, yet shocking, betrayal!
                ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

"Where do I begin, my lords and ladies? I am a vile man, I confess it. My crimes and sins are beyond counting. I have lied and cheated, gambled and whored. I'm not particularly good at violence, but I'm good at convincing others to do violence for me. You want specifics, I suppose. When I was seven, I saw a servant girl bathing in the river. I stole her robe and she was forced to return to the castle naked and in tears. When I close my eyes, I can still see her tits bouncing. When I was 10, I stuffed my uncle's boots with goat sh*t. When confronted with my crime, I blamed a squire. Poor boy was flogged, and I escaped justice. When I was 12 I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald men cry into the turtle stew, which I do believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did. I once brought a jackass and a honeycomb into a brothel...."
                  Last edited by The Mighty 6 platoon; 24 May 2011, 07:01 AM.

Comment

loved that part so much I had to pause the ep because I was laughing so much I couldn't hear what was happening. (same with Sansa insulting Joffery without realizing it, loved that Araya and Ned got it)
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                      Ha.

Episode Seven:

Spoiler:
                      "You really shouldn't have trusted me." Littlefinger you card you! Curse your inevitable, yet shocking, betrayal!
                      And with the ending of this episode (that scene in particular) as well as the long wait now for Episode 8, I decided to download the four book package from iTunes. $36.00 and some change (ouch), but I've been riveted to it ever since. Granted I did jump ahead a bit (after reading the first 5 or 6 chapters) to where the end of Ep 7 was. I don't feel like I've missed anything and I think that says a LOT about the show.

(same with Sansa insulting Joffery without realizing it, loved that Araya and Ned got it)
                      This was my favorite part. The delusional princess wannabe blind to the insults she had just made. At that moment, you have to wonder if Ned was pondering that his wife had a trist with the milkman. Surely no child of his loins could be so... um... what's the word I'm looking for here?

Comment

Very interesting moments in "You Win or Die." My favorites thus far:
                        • The marketplace with Daenerys and company, especially Rakharo snagging that weasel of a wine merchant with his whip.
                        • Commander Mormont's speech about becoming one house.
                        • Grenn being named to the rangers and Jon's reaction when they hear this.
                        • That very sobering oath in front of the weirwood tree.
                        • Maester Aemon: "Make no comment about his nose."
                        • Sam: "I always wanted to be a wizard."
                        • Pyp: "Who tells strangers that a high lord tried to grab my cock?"
                        • Robert's change of heart with Daenerys' fate.
                        • The various reactions to Robert's death, including Joffrey and Renly being sincerely grieved.
                        • The continuing foreshadowing with the coming night. I am greatly reminded of the intense and ominous build-up of the Shadow War on Babylon 5, which later proved to be apocalyptic.
                        • Littlefinger delivering the coup de grace.
                        Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 29 May 2011, 11:15 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

New episode, new moments! Yay moments! A big shame that we had no Tyrion or Arya this week - a really big shame - but at least we got Jaime!

For one scene. Which I loved. Because Tywin is a boss, and he managed to make the Kingslayer look like a child. Epic. Felt sorry for Jaime again. STOP DOING THIS TO ME SHOW.

Also, felt sorry for Cersei in her first scene with Ned. Got the vibe that she was kinda wondering what life would be like with Ned Stark instead of Robert... A very awesome scene.

Sam: "I always wanted to be a wizard."

And, no doubt my favourite: "I did warn you not to trust me." Littlefinger! Oh you.
                          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                            New episode, new moments! Yay moments! A big shame that we had no Tyrion or Arya this week - a really big shame - but at least we got Jaime!

For one scene. Which I loved. Because Tywin is a boss, and he managed to make the Kingslayer look like a child. Epic. Felt sorry for Jaime again. STOP DOING THIS TO ME SHOW.

Also, felt sorry for Cersei in her first scene with Ned. Got the vibe that she was kinda wondering what life would be like with Ned Stark instead of Robert... A very awesome scene.

Sam: "I always wanted to be a wizard."

And, no doubt my favourite: "I did warn you not to trust me." Littlefinger! Oh you.
                            There was something very disturbing watching Tywin Lannister butchering that elk while having a serious conversation with Jaime... not because that he was butchering the elk mind you. It's the way he was butchering it. There was something, I don't know... murderous about it, somewhat foreshadowing what happened with Robert later.

And then Tywin put his left hand, the same hand that was gouging entrails moments before, on Jaime's head and told him to become the man he was always meant to be. I also felt sorry for Jaime... and Tyrion even more so even though he wasn't in this episode. As boys and then later on as men, I can picture them pointlessly trying to win their father's approval... and Tywin never once giving it to them.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                              There was something very disturbing watching Tywin Lannister butchering that elk while having a serious conversation with Jaime... not because that he was butchering the elk mind you. It's the way he was butchering it. There was something, I don't know... murderous about it, somewhat foreshadowing what happened with Robert later.

And then Tywin put his left hand, the same hand that was gouging entrails moments before, on Jaime's head and told him to become the man he was always meant to be. I also felt sorry for Jaime... and Tyrion even more so even though he wasn't in this episode. As boys and then later on as men, I can picture them pointlessly trying to win their father's approval... and Tywin never once giving it to them.
                              That was one of my favourite scenes thus far. It just establishes Tywin as this effective villain. Many shows have evil aristocrats as antagonists, but just the writing and the performance by Charles Dance really separate him from anything else. From that one scene while he guts and skins the stag, you get so much information on him. You realise he's a powerful, intelligent man, but also a killer and very pragmatic and practical, someone who's not afraid to get their hands dirty.

Also on a more amusing note, as mentioned earlier "I always wanted to be a wizard."

Comment

New episode this week, so new bunch of favourite moments/quotes et cetera. Post away!

A lot of favourite moments, but if I had to list three? Syrio Forel's last stand, Tywin and Tyrion's scene, and Ser Barristan. So much win.

Comment

Working...
                                X