Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favourite Moments/Quotes ~ Spoilers for all aired episodes, future spoilers tagged.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just finished my second viewing of "Fire and Blood." Brilliant finish to the season. I'd post some favorites but I'm nigh incoherent right now. The past 5 days of work have burned me out, especially with a 17-hour day (an 8-hour shift + a 9-hour ridealong) in the middle and with the my schedule jumping all over the clock, I was barely able to stay alert to watch the episode. The epicness though kept my attention through the whole thing. Favorite points tomorrow when I get some shut-eye.
    sigpic

Comment

Moments:

- Mormont's speech near the end about the Watch.
      - Dany at the end.
      - Arya threatening the pig boy.
      - Cat smacking Jaime one. Goood girl.
      - Tywin approving of Tyrion for a moment there.

Favourite Line:
      Joffrey: "And maybe one day they'll bring me your treasonous brother's head."
      Sansa: "Maybe one day he'll bring me yours."

Sansa! You win.
      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

"Do you lie awake at night fearing my gash?"

sigpic

Comment

Tywin and Tyrion.

"I always thought you were a stunted fool, perhaps i was wrong."
          "Half wrong"
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
            Tywin and Tyrion.

"I always thought you were a stunted fool, perhaps i was wrong."
            "Half wrong"
            Agreed, that one was great. Tyrion's wit is awesome.
            sigpic

Comment

I've been preoccupied with a lot of physical fitness-related issues at work for the past 10 days so I haven't even had time to post my favorites for "Fire and Blood" until now.
              • The music. I really liked how the opening theme found its way into much of the incidental music for this episode, especially with Jon riding through the forest and the finale with Dany and her dragon brood. It's all the more satisfying to hear it in the soundtrack album now that I know which moments they correspond to on screen.
              • Tyrion & Tywin. These two have such a strange family dynamic that I'm at somewhat of a loss to be able to describe it. Tywin blocking Tyrion's hand when he tried to get a pitcher of wine but then pouring Tyrion a glass himself immediately afterward was a great moment. It was immediately followed up by an even better moment: When Tywin describes the startling turn of events at King's Landing as "Madness. Madness and stupidity." Of course it was a laugh-worthy moment. However it gives an interesting insight into Tywin. He is not at all afraid of the king, the queen regent, or whoever else is in power. It's easily one of my favorite lines & moments in the entire series. Making Tyrion the new Hand was to "bring that boy king to heel" was a brilliant moment too. Though I knew it was coming, Charles Dance and Peter Dinklage once again deliver on the goods.
              • Robb & Catelyn mourning Ned. The amount of love they had for him and their love for each other was powerful in that scene. The profound hurt they both felt was staggering.
              • "The King in the North!" My God that was a stirring scene. The music, the fiery words of fealty, and declaring the North a separate kingdom for the first time in centuries... it made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. It was quite the flip side of Robb & Cat mourning. I especially liked Greatjon's disparaging comments about the other kings.
              • The scenes at the Wall. The scenes at the Wall have always worked well in the series and the ones in the finale were the best of the ones at the wall. Commander Mormont's speech about not meekly waiting for the snows was awesome, especially when combined with that wonderful music.
              • Dany. Her scenes this week were mesmerizing, especially with the funeral pyre. I wondered how the dragon births would be rendered on screen and the final scene surpassed all of my expectations. The awe, wonder, and majesty of that final scene, especially with her khalasar bowing to her (including Jorah) truly cemented her as the Mother of Dragons for me. Again, the music really came through, and that re-orchestrated version of the opening theme with the choir at the end was absolutely brilliant.

Edit: I forgot to put in one of my favorite lines from "Fire and Blood" which happens to be by Gendry: "Will you sing when I hit you?" I wonder how what'll they do with Gendry in the series.
              Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 23 June 2011, 08:32 PM. Reason: Gendry
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X