• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of the Blue (319)

Visit the Episode GuideSANCTUARY SEASON THREE
    OUT OF THE BLUE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 319
    Will and Helen find themselves living ordinary lives as unfriendly neighbors in a suburban neighborhood ... until they begin experiencing bizarre visions that suggest their real lives are not what they seem.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 14 March 2021, 08:38 PM.

Well it was...interesting, not a bad episode, with the two intersecting realities.
    So just some thoughts...
    -Liked Helen's cat Henry
    -Even in her perfect life, Helen still has problems with John.
    -Was interesting Helen and John not having a child, yet the memory coming through bringing her back to reality
    -Her paintings were a clue to what was happening, if you could guess right :s
    - at Helen offering Will coffee
    - Nice intense scenes as they would wake up in the tanks, (boy Damian likes putting them in water)
    -Giant mind controlling worms

Now for Will...
    -Married and expecting a baby with Abby, I guess that would be his perfect life, having a family.
    -His impersonations were a bit annoying.
    -Funny he was still a doctor, yet not a psychiatrist
    -was funny how Will couldn't do anything when Abby collapsed, yet Helen's training came through.

So it was a set up for next weeks season's ending

Spoiler:
    Abnormals coming up to the surface
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

A little Will Zimmerman on the way? Oy! This is definitely a nightmare episode! Abby wasn’t quite as annoying in this type of setting – especially when she was at Helen’s house without Will. But I grew really sick of the Will/Abby fantasy life.

On the other hand – there’s Helen Druitt (*swoon*), the ‘Cat Lady’ across the street (with a cat named Henry! LOL) who’s a reclusive painter. It’s fun to see Magnus in this type of suburban setting with paintings and lots of colors throughout the house.

My shipper heart was gawping at the Helen/John scene. It was so great to see him in a suit and without the big scar across the cheek. I loved the way they played out the relationship between these two in that even in Helen’s fantasy there would still be no ‘happily ever after’ with them.

As the episode went on, I was really hoping for Henry, Kate & Biggie to appear – at least to give us a break from more nauseating Will/Abby.

I guess this is the Sanctuary version of SG1’s “the gamekeeper”. I really like how it turned out that instead of Magnus & Will being captured & tortured (which would be so cliché!) that they were being saved by Henry & Kate (where was Biggie?! Probably the only one left back at home to run the Sanctuary)

The car going off the cliff – that was SO Thelma & Louise! The only thing missing was having a convertible with the top down. (Was that Damian’s car again?)

As for some of the quotes:
      - “This WILL sound crazy” (Duh! Of course it will ‘cause it’s Sanctuary!)
      - “Please don’t have any more shortbread” Haha
      - Helen offering coffee instead of tea? Anyone remember that was her clue in “Kush” that it wasn’t real?
      - “Thing One & Thing Two” ROFL
      - “I guess like everything, it’s a leap of faith” That seems to sum up the entire existence of this show.
      - “Sanity ain’t cheap” LOL Now THAT’S an understatement!

Overall, a very enjoyable episode. A little too much Will/Abby, not enough Henry, Kate or Biggie, but lovely Helen and Helen/John moments to make this one of my favorites.
      sigpic

Comment

I enjoyed this episode. I loved the reintroduction of hollow earth.
        Spoiler:
        Can't wait to see how they handle the surfacing of hollow earth abnormals.

I know every sanctuary episode is prone to having a happy ending, however, thia one seemed kind of rushed and unreal. Nevertheless, I was glad there was a lot more Helen, more of the old Will, and less of Kate and Henry (Henry is okay though). Their absence made the show less humorous though, but it was a much needed 'break' from the previous intense episodes.

Comment

I was wondering when one of the docs said something to Helen... I was thinking that it might be that they were trying to help them somehow. LOL A giant earthworm with infinity symbols.
          sigpic
          Mourning Sanctuary.
          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by KayLyne View Post
            The car going off the cliff – that was SO Thelma & Louise! The only thing missing was having a convertible with the top down. (Was that Damian’s car again?)

- “Thing One & Thing Two” ROFL
            That Thing ! & Thing 2 might have been my clue that what was happening wasn't bad.

Huh. Underground in New Mexico. ... Hmmm.

Re:The car. I relatively certain that Helen's car was Amanda's and Will's car was Damian's.
            sigpic
            Mourning Sanctuary.
            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

--After Helen and Will's first scene together I thought: Is Helen a loner in this "reality"? Or is she simply cool towards Will in particular because they have "neighbor issues" such as their pets invading each other's territory?
              --The cat is named Henry! I would have totally figured Helen to be more of a cat person than a dog person.
              --Really love the flashes of their real life that are being shown. Most seem to be from previous eps, but just now we definitely saw new clips - "Did you say something?" "I said, 'Long day.'"
              --What is with the infinity symbol? Cool that they brought Virgil back.
              --Helen looks AWESOME! As usual.
              --Anxiety medication? is that supposed to be for the flahes she is having?
              --AMAZING SCENE BETWEEN AMANDA AND CHRIS!!!! Love how Druitt factors into her life here. They were married and on the verge of divorcing. He still desperately loves her and will do anything to get her back. He acknowledges that it was his fault for their breakup. I kept wondering as I watched this, "Is this supposed to be Helen's fantasy?" I didn't catch the full headline in the newspaper, but I think it was something about Druitt putting away The Ripper, right? Is that what Helen wishes for deep down? That John would overcome his "Ripper side" (which is most likely just that energy being inhabiting his body) and have him just love her and want to make her happy?
              --WOW! That speech from Helen about wanting to be left alone. No one clawing at her. No more life and death situations. (Hmmm…could this be some psychological trauma from having to kill hundreds of people in Carenten? No - it wouldn't be a shared alternate reality with Will.) But honestly - wouldn't Helen occasionally have these thoughts - of not wanting all this immense responsibility? She doesn't have to do nothing (she'd hate that) but she could be helping homeless people or something. (I suppose it would have been too on the nose for her to say something about helping orphans or building schools in Nepal.)
              --I was wondering when we'd get the "aha!" moment. Will sees her artwork and realizes they are having the same nightmares.
              --OK - if I wanted to get nitpicky, I'd say that there are problems with Will not knowing how to be a surgeon AT ALL and not really doing anything about it or saying anything to his wife. He's been going to work the last couple of days?!?!?!
              --This episode could have been the perfect place to bring back Emilie as Ashley. Seriously. I mean, *if* this was really Helen's fantasy - what she wants deep down - I'd understand Helen not wanting to make life or death decisions anymore. But I think she would also want her daughter alive again.
              --They actually did a Thelma & Louise and drove off the cliff. I seriously love this show!
              --I had no idea where this episode was going to end and certainly didn't expect that Helen and Will were in those tanks to cure them.

My shipper heart was gawping at the Helen/John scene. It was so great to see him in a suit and without the big scar across the cheek. I loved the way they played out the relationship between these two in that even in Helen’s fantasy there would still be no ‘happily ever after’ with them.
              --Yes - very interesting that even this fantasy, Helen doesn't see her and John ending up together.

- Helen offering coffee instead of tea? Anyone remember that was her clue in “Kush” that it wasn’t real?
              --I liked the little coffee/tea exchange and I certainly *did* remember that was part of "Kush" and how Helen realized she wasn't actually talking to Will. Nice callback there.

I am super excited for next week's episode!!!
              sigpic
              Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Oh.... WHOA! Where do I start with this one?

Excellent episode. Everything about it was brilliant, the acting, the directing, the effects, all of it. I love the twists and turns, and Sanctuary is always at it's best when you don't know what's going on, or what will happen next. Mystery is the key. I loved the flashbacks to the eps, it was great to see some old clips, and like Wingman, it was like going down memory lane. Btw, what were those songs Helen was lisenting to? Oh, and I think Helen painting was an homage to how Amanda likes to paint.

Seeing Helen and Will like this was really cool, Amanda and Robin gave brilliant performances, and seeing Will in glasses reminded me of him in S1. Seeing Helen so connected to her emotions, Amanda did a great job of letting Helen cut loose, and not keeping all her emotions and feelings inside, especially the scene with John and her agent. Oh, and seeing the flashbacks of Ash were nice. It was great how Helen and Will started to put together their own clues, and then come together to solve the mystery. Helen and Abby, wow, that was a cute scene, and poor Helen just wanted to be left alone. I loved the scene where Helen and Will start putting together the pieces, and start to remember little things about each other, like Helen's last name, and how Will isn't that kind of doctor. The scene when they drove off the cliff was wicked, and the overhead effect was awesome.

All this time I thought that dude from Hero 2 was the bad guy, but turns out he was actually trying to help, and I was glad to see Henry and Kate in the ep. When I saw that huge abnormal, I was like and I love the explanation behind the creature and what happened to them, and man, that ending gave me chills. Oh, and did anyone get the Smackdown reference? Overall, it was a solid episode, and I think it'll be a classic.

PS: I was a little when Helen offered Will some coffee, and for some reason, I thought of Chelle again.

Comment

I've never had a cat go poo on or in my car.

Ever.

I've found cat tracks on my car, but it's a simple thing to just wipe the dirt off.

And Will's not a cat person.

Comment

..and what about Helen's iphone playlist??? I think it's originals songs for the show, like always, but there's maybe a chance, those songs are not from Andrew Lockington and we can find them ^^
                    At a moment we can see her Iphone and perhaps we can read the title of the song she's listening while sleeping. Otherwise we can try to understand the lyrics, but I can't get more than some words here and there.

Comment

cats do not, in my experience, go poo on cars...they bury it if at all possible.
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
                        I've never had a cat go poo on or in my car.

Ever.

I've found cat tracks on my car, but it's a simple thing to just wipe the dirt off.

And Will's not a cat person.
                        This is the weirdest thing that I've ever read. lol Totaly out of the blue

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        cats do not, in my experience, go poo on cars...they bury it if at all possible.
                        Indeed. They are very clean and like privacy. Cat was cute...laughed my a$$ off when she called him Henry lol
                        The way Will was holding him, he was begging to be "nailed".

Comment

yeah, having had cats, you don't dangle their legs. they don't like that. no animal does. I know what he was thinking, keep the hair off my suit, but he should have supported both sets of legs and would have had a better time of it
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            They may not do #2 on cars but I know for a fact they do #1...smelly lillte buggers!!

I loved this ep...took forever to get to the end but wow...blue me away!!
                            I absolutley loved Amanda's emotions she played out with CH...was almost torturous to watch.
                            Loved Will & Abby...it just felt nice to watch the together as perspective parents...very cute.
                            Loved the backyard of "Helens" house...the rocks were awesome...but that's just the landscaper in me. Loved the outdoor pizza oven!!
                            Funny, when I was watching I never got the feeling that the doctors treating Will & Helen were actually a threat...the only one I had a slight uneasy feeling about was Virgil but that's just coz the charcater is a bit of a weazle. The music was kinda funky...I'd love a cd of it to have as background music at our next family gathering...kinda like elevator music only a little more modern & calming.
                            The flashback scenes were great...very effective...sad to see Helen's reaction every time it was mentioned/asked if she had any children...just sad.
                            Lovbed the coffee/tea reference...and was waiting for Abby to reveal scones in her basket, not shortbread...but still...nice little moments that I enjoyed.
                            Was wondering if what Helen said she wanted was actually what she does want deep down inside or if it was all just part of the illusion...I wonder how many times she thought about having a simple life without the drama's of the Sanctuary. I don't doubt she would miss her role in the Sanctuary but I wonder how much she longs for a break from it all...I wonder if that was what she was telling herself in her "dream life"?
                            Loved this episode...fantastic job all round...Amanda continues to make my jaw drop but thankfully this week Robin made me smile...I truly did enjoy Will & Abby in this ep.
                            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                              PS: I was a little when Helen offered Will some coffee, and for some reason, I thought of Chelle again.
                              Oh??? How so??? I can't drink more than one cup of coffee a day without some kinda of reaction so I enjoy my tea...a lot...especially the Lady Grey...omg...so yummy on these cold nights. ...and so off topic...sorry.
                              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                              X