• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carentan (318)

Visit the Episode GuideSANCTUARY SEASON THREE
    CARENTAN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 318
    A series of unexplained disappearances in Carentan, in the Normandy region of France, brings Magnus and her team to investigate – where they discover a village that is out of time.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 14 March 2021, 08:37 PM.

it was a pretty good episode. Frank Cromwell's actor again ended up on the wrong side of a time bubble, an expanding one at that.

i saw a lot of set reuse, which makes sense, get the most bang for your buck.

in many ways, it was Unending, just with a bigger group and not on a space ship...nowhere near the action of last week's, but plenty of emotional beats, but i'm sure it'll also seem slow because of it.

I do think this'll make more sense once we see the other episodes because I know - especially based on the promos for next week -
    Spoiler:
    adam is back and he's frakking with time

great kate and declan moments and helen/wills shippers will have a blast with it.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

It was great to see the return of Ravi. I liked him in the ‘Kali’ trilogy, and was hoping to see more of him. And of course, Declan. I was actually hoping that he would have been the one to go with Helen into the unknown. Why does it always have to be Will that’s with Helen in these types of things? Why not Helen & Declan or Helen & Kate for this one? That continues to annoy me. Thankfully, it worked out pretty nicely to have Declan and Kate working the part of the rescue team. And my face lit up when I noticed Barclay Hope arrive on screen. My first thought was – “hey, that’s Colonel Pendergast!!” I love it when the Sanctuary world morphs with SG-1. I’m still holding out hope for them to get Teryl Rothery for a recurring character sometime soon.

Speaking of SG-1 connections – did anyone else laugh at the “thermostat from a toaster” comment and wonder if toaster parts were going to save the day again for an Amanda Tapping character? And the whole "Bubble" thing made me think of "revisions". All that was missing was Chris Heyerdahl with long hair (and not as Biggie!!)

I love how they keep Helen Magnus a bit irreverent with her “bastard”, “Cheeky Bugger” and “Bloody Hell” comments.

Helen looked absolutely wonderful in this episode. From the turtle neck & leather jacket to her look of exhaustion & frustration as the days went on – she still looked radiant. Totally wasn’t expecting Helen to be the one to see first in the hospital bed. I was bummed that they killed off Ravi. Would they PLEASE stop killing off their great returning characters?

What is it with Will and the increasing amount of potential love interests? It’s become annoying.

That makes two incredible back-to-back episodes. This show continues to amaze me.
      sigpic

Comment

I really liked this one, I wasn't sure from the promos if I would, but they put it together really well. Was laughing at first at the time diation field, thinking of Unending....but I liked this one The character interactions were also done very well, I liked seeing Helen get pissy at Will, yes she does lose her temper and gets frustrated...makes her a well rounded character

Ravi was used perfectly in this episode, we got to see what was happening in the field through what was happening to him, not just physically but emotionally as well. I did wonder what would happen to people born in the field, and they let us know, and how they dealt with the horrendous facts

Ah, Will got another girlfriend (was singing 'Just a gigalo' on the eppy thread )

The ending was also excellent in my opinion, you get the townspeople's realistic reaction to finding the answer, and it meaning thier deaths :s I don't think many people would just 'lie down' and accept they were going to be killed.

All in all a very good episode
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Great episode.

People already mentioned several SG eps. they were reminded of: Unending for time dilation and Revisions for the dome over the village. I'd also mention SGA's "Epiphany" which was also a very similar idea. But done much better...

Why did they kill off Ravi and Will's girlfriend???

Comment

Originally posted by wurlitzer153 View Post
            It made me think that they're putting the Sam Carter "Black Widow" curse on Will.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wurlitzer153 View Post
              Great episode.

People already mentioned several SG eps. they were reminded of: Unending for time dilation and Revisions for the dome over the village. I'd also mention SGA's "Epiphany" which was also a very similar idea. But done much better...

Anyone born in the time dialation field would disappear/die, and Ravi knew his family would die when the problem was fixed, probably took the bullet meant for Will, b/c he'd rather die with his family than let Will or Helen die. (Just my guess )
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                it was a pretty good episode. Frank Cromwell's actor again ended up on the wrong side of a time bubble, an expanding one at that.
                are you sure you don't mean Colonel Pendergast? Barclay Hope was the head military guy. I don't remember seeing Marshall Teague.
                sigpic

Comment

Wow, what a strong episode.

I like how it followed the Normandy story, and how it got started off with them concern for Ravi. If Henry had been in it, it'd be even better. I like how each member had an important part to play in the episode, and I love how Declan was involved. I knew I knew the colonel dude looked familiar, but I didn't know he was from SG-1.

Anyway, I love how they met old Ravi and when Helen brought up the "time dilation" thing and right away I thought of Sam from Unending. I thought it was cool how much time passed in the field, and how Will brought up that point to Helen that she's immortal, and he's not, and I loved how they gave each other shoulder rubs. OMG! And I love so much how Ravi made Helen laugh, it was so sweet and cute. One thing we must see more of is Kate and Declan working together, they make a good team, and I loved how cute they were together. Several things in this episode reminded me of SG-1 and Sam, but it was still Sanctuary, and there's still no bleed in to Stargate or Sam. Oh, and I kept thinking of 100 Days when watching the ep.

The science behind the episode was very smart, and I like how they had to make a choice to sacrifice the people of the village in order to save the Earth, and we finally know who Helen was holding hands with while looking at the sunset. I was sad to see Ravi die, I liked him, and I wanted him to stay around. But the ending, oh, man, the ending was so suspenseful and I got a little chill while Helen was talking and the music added to the tone of the scene. Overall it was a brilliant episode, great acting and effects, and this episode is a winner for me.

Edit: I forgot, I laughed at Helen's "Cheeky bugger" line. Made me think of Miss Chelle right away.
                  Last edited by Rocky89; 06 June 2011, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                    Edit: I forgot, I laughed at Helen's "Cheeky bugger" line. Made me think of Miss Chelle right away.
                    Damn it!! And I thought that was my line...well Amanda Tapping...Helen has cheeky monkey...I've got dibs on cheeky bugger!! Sheesh...and I dropped the cheeky monkey line with my kids coz I didn't want to sound like Helen Magnus...so now Helen's sounding like me?? I just can't win.
                    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

This is one of the best episodes they've ever done. The show has made great strides since its inception. Really too bad Scifi is trying to kill it.

Comment

I found this was an excellent episode, but one thing irked me a little. I found the girl quite hypocritical. She argued they didn't have the right to kill all of those people, but she has the right to kill Will/Ravi? She was trying to protect the group, sure, but it's not ok to try to protect the world?

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
                          I found this was an excellent episode, but one thing irked me a little. I found the girl quite hypocritical. She argued they didn't have the right to kill all of those people, but she has the right to kill Will/Ravi? She was trying to protect the group, sure, but it's not ok to try to protect the world?
                          Survival instinct.

Comment

Originally posted by KayLyne View Post
                            are you sure you don't mean Colonel Pendergast? Barclay Hope was the head military guy. I don't remember seeing Marshall Teague.
                            yeah, oops. they looked alike (buzz cut military guy)

sigpic

Comment

I do agree, it would be nice to break up the endless magnus/will partnership. I want to see some of the others interacting with her...declan would have been great and then had Will being mister manic 'gotta fix this' rather than being stuck..
                              We'd finally get a chance to see what makes Declan tick

...and especially given next week's promo

Spoiler:

yet another helen and will have a singular adventure

Im getting kinda tired of the persistent pairing. Just cause Will is the co-star of the show doesn't mean he MUST be paired with Helen all the time, does it? I mean, on SG1, whether you're into the jack/Daniel co-stars, or jack/Sam co-stars/leading male/leading lady, it was never exclusively one set paired up, they scrambled it around.

Sanctuary needs to do that. It's getting predictable that it'll be Helen/will in trouble and the only unknown is whether or not the others get the B story or if there isn't one.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X