• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wingman (315)

Visit the Episode GuideSANCTUARY SEASON THREE
    WINGMAN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 315
    Will and Henry's double date is sidetracked after Magnus asks them to pick up and deliver an Abnormal, which breaks free from containment and flies loose in the city.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 14 March 2021, 08:36 PM.

Ok, without spoiling anything for anyone (as long as you've seen the trailer for this ep), this was soooo much better than our last date night with Abby. Henry and Erica are very cute together - their combined geek-quotient is off the charts and fun to watch. Could have done with more Helen, but I'd say that to everything but Breach.

I enjoyed the interaction at the end. Helen is very sweet! And apparently, very persuasive.

I'll watch it again later, but I doubt it'll get much replay after that. Not a whole lot of depth as far as conspiracy or story arc. I'm trying to say there isn't much to read into.

I still want to slap Abby and Will for not being able to focus, though!
    Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
    Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

I must say that I'm highly disappointed. I guess I expected much more from the MAD braintrust, especially after all of the great episodes from the first half of season 3. I really wish someone would have warned me that this was going to be a "clip" show. I wouldn't have had such high expectations. Considering the last two eppys were underwhelming, I was hoping this one would break the slump.

That didn't happen.

I did like Henry/Erica. And as annoying as Abby was in the previous episode, I actually kind of liked her scenes with Henry and with Erica. I guess it's just the scenes she has with Will that bring forth no chemistry whatsoever. Even the final scene when open-shirted Will and pantless Abby came to get the food from Helen & Henry made me shudder with "Ewwwww".

In all, I'd say it's only one step up from "One Night" in the 'never watch again' episode basement.

Oh, and was that Peter Deluise in front of the camera this time? That was probably the highlight for me from this episode.
      sigpic

Comment

Very good and fun episode in my opinion.

I liked how both Will and Henry wanted that back room at Alfredo's, and how Helen ruined their dates with that mission. I didn't know this was a clip show, so I was very pleasantly to see clips from old episodes. As soon as I aw that clip from Breach I squeed.

I really liked this episode because I think that we were able to take a stroll memory lane, it was good to see these clips because we were all able to see how far the show has come, take a look back at old adventures, and see the fun they've had with each other for the last 3 years. I think this was as much a treat to the cast and crew making this ep, as much as it was for us to watch it. I remember where I was in my life, and how I was in my life during each episode, and to see so many great clips again, not only bring back fun Sanctuary memories, but RL as well.

The whole episode was good, and it was fun to see Peter DeLuise. As much as I want Henry to find love, I hope he finds it with Kate. The last scene was the best, it really show the almost mother/son relationship, and how she'd help one of her team if they're down. Overall, it was a good episode, and I loved seeing angry Magnus.

Comment

I guess it doesn't bother me so much about the clip show and lack of Helen because that means they are spending the time and energy elsewhere - which means we're going to have episodes as wicked as For King and Country and Breach again very soon.
          Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
          Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

Not too bad for a mostly clip show. I'm likely in the minority, but I usually rather enjoy ciip shows if the story framework for the flashbacks is done well, with BSG's Downloaded probably being the best I've seen.

Wingman wasn't quite as successful, but it still worked for me because of the character interactions and the framework of a classic Sanctuary monster-hunt. Plus the Super!Magnus and 'well done Henry' montages were quite fun to see. Though the 'date night gone wrong' idea is beyond done at this point IMO. If we see Abby or Erika again I sincerely hope the writers come up with better reasons for their presence.

The Henry and Erika storyline was my favorite, they played off each other well and it was nice to see the progression of their relationship from Animus, as well as Henry's continuing journey of dealing with being a HAP. I didn't care for Abby and Will anymore than I did in One Night, but at least this time Henry and Erika were able to break up the pairing more.

It was fun seeing Ernie again, though them needing that recording of the female to calm the mothman down was rather predictable. The ending was also nice with Helen bringing Alfredo's to the Sanctuary, though I could have done without Will and Abby's half-dressed snack break.

Looking for next week's episode and the return of Tesla.

sigpic

Comment

Clip Show.

Comment

I think the most disappointing part for me was the ending. If Will & Abby would have made themselves more presentable and decided to join Henry & Helen at the table, it would have been much more in tune with the theme of this show: all of these different people/creatures being a family. And I was also expecting Kate & Big Guy to be at the table enjoying the food from Alfredo's as well. Very disappointing.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KayLyne View Post
                  I think the most disappointing part for me was the ending. If Will & Abby would have made themselves more presentable and decided to join Henry & Helen at the table, it would have been much more in tune with the theme of this show: all of these different people/creatures being a family. And I was also expecting Kate & Big Guy to be at the table enjoying the food from Alfredo's as well. Very disappointing.
                  Yes, this part was disappointing for me also. Helen had raised Henry from a young boy and this seemed to be a glimpse into a sweet mother son moment. I think that she had this prepared for him if things did not go will with Erika. So yes, I was disappointed when the other two rudely interrupted the moment. And I didn't like their dress, or lack of, at all.

Comment

Meh, less than ok episode.

Can we have less of Abby (preferably none) in the future??

Comment

I like Henry and Erica to, they do make a good pair. I thought Will was mean for not giving up the table for Henry to propose to Erica, NO resturant is that good that you cant give it up for somthing that important, none. did I see a future spoiler of Druitt with a little hair? any body else see it? and our fav ex-vamp is back to being a vamp?

Comment

Originally posted by blazingfire View Post
                        Can we have less of Abby (preferably none) in the future??
                        seconded!

I liked the episode, it's not one of the best ones, but I really enjoyed the Henry and Erica moments. Abby is ... is there a stronger expression for "annoying as hell" that I can write in here?

I loved the end, when Helen asks Henry to come with her, so sweet. And then it gets ruined by two adults who don't know how to behave. Ok, Will lost his mother when he was a boy, so he maybe didn't learn better, but what is Abbys excuse to show up at the dinner table of other people without propper clothes???
                        sigpic

Comment

some of the music was pretty nice. other than that, the clip show elements made me cringe. the character moments i suppose were "nice". i liked the look on abbys face when will told her henry had copied her phones memory to his hard drive. other than that, the last few eps have felt a little lacking for me

Comment

So when One Night aired, I said the only way is up...well maybe it's gonna be a slow climb up. Not enthralled by this ep. Actually, if I was new to the Sanctuary game, I'm not so sure I would stick with it. But knowing that MAD can pump out some of the most amazing things I've seen on television, I'm going to persevere coz I've heard that the next few eps are gonna be so much better. I hope.
                            I'm just disappointed that season 3.5 is just not what I have come to expect from Sanctuary.
                            I still like Abby, I like Erica and I would have loved to have seen more banter between the girls.
                            Loved and hated PDL's character...hated more than loved but I did love seeing him on the show.
                            That part when Abby asks "what's going on now?" and Henry says "still don't know I'm in the same van as you"...why does that sound familiar??
                            No worst parts and no best parts either...just a very average no excitement kinda show.
                            Actually, the best part was the end...love how Helen had the angliotti ready for Henry...a bit miffed that Will took it...cheeky bugger.
                            Ok, so Helen actually made the dinner or did she get Alfredo to deliver even though he doesn't?? Either way, that was sweet and the best part of the ep for me.
                            Last edited by Chelle DB; 10 May 2011, 02:17 AM.
                            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

i think my biggest thought....they were on a time crunch to catch the mothman...and will and abby yak and yak and yak...it was a exposition festival. Focus kids, focus.

If I were helen I'd beak the couple up simply because Will is relatively useless when Abby is around.

Henry and Erica do fine

and yes, will was very self-absorbed in not giving up the table, in stealing the food off the table...almost OTT eager to please iwth Abby. Dare I hope there's more to her?
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X