Metamorphosis (314)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kes View Post
    No outside contact, exactly. Why allow any message at all? Kill subject is a solution. Not the best but a solution. Either not responding or say no contact allowed. She replied twice!
    Now if in future eps Ranna got in trouble because of it. Cool.
    You talk like Ranna and the senate are of one mind but as was shown they are not. Ranna chooses to work within the system and was shown to bend the rules as she saw fit. In this case, Ranna wanted to help, she had to break the rules to do so, it is in character with what we have been shown of the people of Hollow Earth.
    -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
      You talk like Ranna and the senate are of one mind but as was shown they are not. Ranna chooses to work within the system and was shown to bend the rules as she saw fit. In this case, Ranna wanted to help, she had to break the rules to do so, it is in character with what we have been shown of the people of Hollow Earth.
      Plus, I think they gave Helen a little latitude and allowing the messages because
      1) her father is with them in Hollow Earth
      2) she was basically the one to heal Kanan and save Hollow Earth (and all of Earth, for that matter)
      sigpic

Comment

Plus Ranna is at least 'respecting' the Senate's desires. She tells them in both messages that the communication is forbidden, but she isn't going to not help them. Brilliant that she could slip one word in morse code under the radar and trust that Helen would find her answers there. That also indicates that Ranna knows they got the extra information out of the Hollow map. Did they discuss that in Pax Romana?
        Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
        Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
          No, I dont mean she didnt want to help. I ment that it doesnt make sense to me the whole connection and reply. Why didnt they cut her off after the 1st reply?
          Like I said, if she got in trouble for replying again good, but if not. I didnt like the solution, that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by Feast of the Muse View Post
            Plus Ranna is at least 'respecting' the Senate's desires. She tells them in both messages that the communication is forbidden, but she isn't going to not help them. Brilliant that she could slip one word in morse code under the radar and trust that Helen would find her answers there. That also indicates that Ranna knows they got the extra information out of the Hollow map. Did they discuss that in Pax Romana?
            I'm going to have to rewatch the non-shaky cam stuff in this ep, because I didn't get the logic jump in that convo with biggie where she figured out the message that Ranna was sending her. I did a double take thinking 'what? How? Huh?'
            sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
              I'm going to have to rewatch the non-shaky cam stuff in this ep, because I didn't get the logic jump in that convo with biggie where she figured out the message that Ranna was sending her. I did a double take thinking 'what? How? Huh?'
              She basically gave her a specific person to look up in the encyclopedia de Praxis.
              Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
              Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
                No, I dont mean she didnt want to help. I ment that it doesnt make sense to me the whole connection and reply. Why didnt they cut her off after the 1st reply?
                Like I said, if she got in trouble for replying again good, but if not. I didnt like the solution, that's all.
                At the end of Pax Romana, Ranna said that she and the Senate were open to the idea of future interaction with the surface, but that it was going to take some time. Perhaps, the Senate approved the initial reply of 'kill subject immediately' as part of that initial cooperation. Then when Henry told them it was Will who was affected, Ranna/Gregory wanted to help while the Senate didn't, so she embedded the hidden clue allowing her to help the Sanctuary team while seeming to follow the Senate's wishes.

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                Biggie accuses Helen of 'putting on a show' in her attempts to save Will, ie continuing to work when she knows there's no hope. That phrase leads Helen to believe that Ranna was doing the same in her message to kill Will, ie putting on a show of not offering another option to save Will (likely according to the Senate's direction) while secretly providing the Sanctuary team a clue to the solution.

sigpic

Comment

something i saw the first time, but just now, while i'm rewatching it do i know for sure that they did this...

after will wakes up from being sedated (after realizing he can't talk anymore), and kate writes down on the pad of paper 'yes' and 'no'... from will's perspective, it's just scribbling. he can't read the words anymore, he can't comprehend the meaning.

i liked that little touch.
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                    something i saw the first time, but just now, while i'm rewatching it do i know for sure that they did this...

after will wakes up from being sedated (after realizing he can't talk anymore), and kate writes down on the pad of paper 'yes' and 'no'... from will's perspective, it's just scribbling. he can't read the words anymore, he can't comprehend the meaning.

Guess I didn't notice that the first time, then again, I was probably also very dizzy watching the Will-vision by that point. However, wouldn't it have been easiest for him just to shake his head yes or no? Even easier than pointing at the correct answer.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

I also noticed that also. That moment must have been scary for Will, not being able to talk anymore, or understand things, or not being able control the things he does. This whole episode reminded me of The Fly, expect Will was being like a lizard.

Comment

Originally posted by KayLyne View Post
                        Guess I didn't notice that the first time, then again, I was probably also very dizzy watching the Will-vision by that point. However, wouldn't it have been easiest for him just to shake his head yes or no? Even easier than pointing at the correct answer.
                        I did love that they screwed up the text so that it looked like Will only saw scribbling. Just like with Helen though, taking some sort of action was more a way for Kate not to feel helpless in the situation than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Feast of the Muse View Post
                          That also indicates that Ranna knows they got the extra information out of the Hollow map. Did they discuss that in Pax Romana?
                          That's also something I found a bit :/ Lot of assumptions being made here

Comment

biggie tells her 'stop putting on a show'

to which helen gets mad, then stops and has her lightbulb moment of 'ranna was putting on a show with her ott curt reply' which got her to go to henry to ask to see the message again, which led them to the interferrance and she told him to slow it down and we hear the dashes and dots

it's not done yet, but here's the pertinent part of the transcipt

\ is Biggie
                            ~ Helen
                            * Henry

~Leave me alone.
                            /Stop putting on a show.
                            ~How dare-- what did you just say?
                            /We are all of us in pain.
                            ~No, no, no. You just said, "stop putting on a show."
                            /Yes.
                            ~Of course. Of course she would do something like that. Come on.

THEY HURRY INTO HENRY'S LAB

~Henry! Can you pull up that message that Ranna sent?
                            *Okay. Uh...
                            ~Is that the whole thing?
                            *Yeah. Why?
                            ~There's an underscore here at the end of the first sentence. Why would she do that?
                            *I don't know. Maybe she's a bad typist.
                            ~She typed it in cuneiform. Clearly this was intentional. I think she's trying to tell us something.
                            *"Forbidden communication under. You don't think...
                            ~Wasn't there some interference when the message came through?
                            *Yeah, but I screened it for binary data. We got everything she wrote.
                            ~What if the interference <i>is</i> the message?
                            /Like a sound file?
                            *I don't know. Anything she sent would have been scanned by their outgoing data filters. I think the Senate would have caught that.
                            ~Play it for me.
                            *It's just gonna sound like static, so...
                            ~Slow it down. Morse code.
                            *You've got to be kidding me.
                            ~Ranna would have known that the data filters wouldn't be looking for something so primitive. Henry--
                            *I'm on it.
                            ~Yup.
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KayLyne View Post
                              magnus said that his synapses were being rewritten, he literally couldn't comprehend her and communicate anymore
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                                Remember Helen's dad is there as an ambassador. He could very easily have translated the message for them.
                                Not *that* fast.
                                sigpic
                                Mourning Sanctuary.
                                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Working...
                                X