Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    First Lieutenant Feast of the Muse's Avatar

Default Re: Metamorphosis (314)

Quote Originally Posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
    I'm going to have to rewatch the non-shaky cam stuff in this ep, because I didn't get the logic jump in that convo with biggie where she figured out the message that Ranna was sending her. I did a double take thinking 'what? How? Huh?'
    She basically gave her a specific person to look up in the encyclopedia de Praxis.

Quote Originally Posted by kes View Post
    No, I dont mean she didnt want to help. I ment that it doesnt make sense to me the whole connection and reply. Why didnt they cut her off after the 1st reply?
    Like I said, if she got in trouble for replying again good, but if not. I didnt like the solution, that's all.
    At the end of Pax Romana, Ranna said that she and the Senate were open to the idea of future interaction with the surface, but that it was going to take some time. Perhaps, the Senate approved the initial reply of 'kill subject immediately' as part of that initial cooperation. Then when Henry told them it was Will who was affected, Ranna/Gregory wanted to help while the Senate didn't, so she embedded the hidden clue allowing her to help the Sanctuary team while seeming to follow the Senate's wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
    I'm going to have to rewatch the non-shaky cam stuff in this ep, because I didn't get the logic jump in that convo with biggie where she figured out the message that Ranna was sending her. I did a double take thinking 'what? How? Huh?'
    Biggie accuses Helen of 'putting on a show' in her attempts to save Will, ie continuing to work when she knows there's no hope. That phrase leads Helen to believe that Ranna was doing the same in her message to kill Will, ie putting on a show of not offering another option to save Will (likely according to the Senate's direction) while secretly providing the Sanctuary team a clue to the solution.

something i saw the first time, but just now, while i'm rewatching it do i know for sure that they did this...

after will wakes up from being sedated (after realizing he can't talk anymore), and kate writes down on the pad of paper 'yes' and 'no'... from will's perspective, it's just scribbling. he can't read the words anymore, he can't comprehend the meaning.

i liked that little touch.
    sally

Raticate

Quote Originally Posted by majorsal View Post
    something i saw the first time, but just now, while i'm rewatching it do i know for sure that they did this...

after will wakes up from being sedated (after realizing he can't talk anymore), and kate writes down on the pad of paper 'yes' and 'no'... from will's perspective, it's just scribbling. he can't read the words anymore, he can't comprehend the meaning.

Guess I didn't notice that the first time, then again, I was probably also very dizzy watching the Will-vision by that point. However, wouldn't it have been easiest for him just to shake his head yes or no? Even easier than pointing at the correct answer.

Colonel

Sam Re: Metamorphosis (314)

Quote Originally Posted by majorsal View Post

I also noticed that also. That moment must have been scary for Will, not being able to talk anymore, or understand things, or not being able control the things he does. This whole episode reminded me of The Fly, expect Will was being like a lizard.

Quote Originally Posted by KayLyne View Post
    Guess I didn't notice that the first time, then again, I was probably also very dizzy watching the Will-vision by that point. However, wouldn't it have been easiest for him just to shake his head yes or no? Even easier than pointing at the correct answer.
    I did love that they screwed up the text so that it looked like Will only saw scribbling. Just like with Helen though, taking some sort of action was more a way for Kate not to feel helpless in the situation than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Feast of the Muse View Post
    That also indicates that Ranna knows they got the extra information out of the Hollow map. Did they discuss that in Pax Romana?
    That's also something I found a bit :/ Lot of assumptions being made here

You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

biggie tells her 'stop putting on a show'

to which helen gets mad, then stops and has her lightbulb moment of 'ranna was putting on a show with her ott curt reply' which got her to go to henry to ask to see the message again, which led them to the interferrance and she told him to slow it down and we hear the dashes and dots

it's not done yet, but here's the pertinent part of the transcipt

\ is Biggie
    ~ Helen
    * Henry

~Leave me alone.
    /Stop putting on a show.
    ~How dare-- what did you just say?
    /We are all of us in pain.
    ~No, no, no. You just said, "stop putting on a show."
    /Yes.
    ~Of course. Of course she would do something like that. Come on.

THEY HURRY INTO HENRY'S LAB

~Henry! Can you pull up that message that Ranna sent?
    *Okay. Uh...
    ~Is that the whole thing?
    *Yeah. Why?
    ~There's an underscore here at the end of the first sentence. Why would she do that?
    *I don't know. Maybe she's a bad typist.
    ~She typed it in cuneiform. Clearly this was intentional. I think she's trying to tell us something.
    *"Forbidden communication under. You don't think...
    ~Wasn't there some interference when the message came through?
    *Yeah, but I screened it for binary data. We got everything she wrote.
    ~What if the interference is the message?
    /Like a sound file?
    *I don't know. Anything she sent would have been scanned by their outgoing data filters. I think the Senate would have caught that.
    ~Play it for me.
    *It's just gonna sound like static, so...
    ~Slow it down. Morse code.
    *You've got to be kidding me.
    ~Ranna would have known that the data filters wouldn't be looking for something so primitive. Henry--
    *I'm on it.
    ~Yup.

(Moderator)

Quote Originally Posted by KayLyne View Post
    magnus said that his synapses were being rewritten, he literally couldn't comprehend her and communicate anymore

Quote Originally Posted by mandogater View Post
    Remember Helen's dad is there as an ambassador. He could very easily have translated the message for them.
    Not *that* fast.
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

(Moderator)

i do think, had they wanted to empathize will's lack of comprehension, in addition to him seeing 'yes' and 'no' as gibberish, he could start hearing their voices saying gibberish as well.

or maybe it was that he could hear english...but just couldn't comprehend it anymore

Quote Originally Posted by suse View Post
    Not *that* fast.
    Complex code busting software?

Quote Originally Posted by Steff View Post
    Complex code busting software?
    And the initial contact by way of a frequency that I HIGHLY doubt they could even transmit on Seafarer's antenna? I'm going to look into that. BBL *waves*

Quote Originally Posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
    At the end of Pax Romana, Ranna said that she and the Senate were open to the idea of future interaction with the surface, but that it was going to take some time. Perhaps, the Senate approved the initial reply of 'kill subject immediately' as part of that initial cooperation. Then when Henry told them it was Will who was affected, Ranna/Gregory wanted to help while the Senate didn't, so she embedded the hidden clue allowing her to help the Sanctuary team while seeming to follow the Senate's wishes.

To many perhaps. But hey I really liked the ep and that bit doesnt ruin it for me.

I did not like it that much. It was a decent episode, but I expect more from the show. There was no real suspense to me and I felt like the solution came out of the blue like two minutes before the end (how convenient!), which I found quite disappointing. I mean don't get me wrong, the whole thing was okay, but I just hope what follows is not going to look like One Night (I found it so boring that I didn't even watch the entire episode, 1st time I can't finish an episode of Sanctuary), and Metamorphosis: I need more action, more real tension and more actual interactions between Hollow Earth and the Surface.

Have to say it kinda sucks that we in Canada are now several days behind so by the time I join the discussion, it all has been said.

I liked this episode a lot. I was worried about the Will-cam. I like that Sanctuary tries different things and while I liked Instinct, I do find it hard to watch because of the shaky cam. This was not as bad as I had feared.

While it was another Will centered episode this time it was Will interacting with the characters we know and love.

Loved the joking at first followed by genuine concern. Loved Henry geeking out about Will's abilities and aliens. Loved that, even at the end, Will could have some fun with it (wanting to keep some of his powers).

Found it interesting that Kate was so present in caring for Will. Are they laying some groundwork for ship? Just trying to include Kate in the family? Show her softer side? Is it because she is the girl? Would just be interested to know what they had in mind.

Liked seeing more of the relationship between Helen and Biggie. His encouragement and confrontation when needed.

Loved the final scene between Helen and Will. Fabulous emotion showed by AT.

I'm with the majority in being somewhat apprehensive about next week's episode being a repeat of One Night. Here's hoping Abby comes across much better.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...aronbw_rev.jpg

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Anyway, I enjoyed the Blue Jays mention. It was negative but since they were on the losing end of a no-hitter today, I suppose they deserve it.

*Sigh*

Enjoyed the episode though. The first-person POV worked for this story line.
    Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

I watch the episode last night and I have much love, see the episode from the point of view of Will was great. Then see his descent into hell in his eyes was unbelievable and very sad to see him gradually turn into something horrible ... It was sad.

Basically I dont like Kate but here it was great she took care of Will. The scene where she gives to eat to Will was very beautiful, I really love their chemistry.

Then the scene I love most is the one where Henry and Kate are in the office is talking about the fact that Kate has never lost anyone. Henry's face in that scene was just bursting heart I'm sure he was talking about Ashley. Btw I Miss Her =(

Then the eyes of AT are just beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by mandogater View Post
    First off, I loved the POV stuff, reminded me of one of my favorite episodes of MASH.
    I would *totally* green you for this if I could; but, alas, being a probie, I cannot. So instead, *high five* I know exactly the episode you're talking about! And YES it was definitely one of the best episodes of M*A*S*H ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor_S View Post
    I would *totally* green you for this if I could; but, alas, being a probie, I cannot. So instead, *high five* I know exactly the episode you're talking about! And YES it was definitely one of the best episodes of M*A*S*H ever.
    Ditto.