• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hangover (312)

Visit the Episode GuideSANCTUARY SEASON THREE
    HANGOVER
    EPISODE NUMBER - 312
    Magnus returns home to find the Sanctuary in a state of disarray, Henry missing his short-term memory, and the rest of her team missing.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 14 March 2021, 08:34 PM.

so, Hangover

it was fun. Lots of LOL moments and good lines.

it was a bottle episode, not many effects, but more character stuff. a nice break from the 'world altering doom and gloom' of last week.

and ick for the 'psychosis inducing cockroach from hell'
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

My favorite type of sci-fi episode, right here.

Particularly liked Bigfoot's tactic "knock everybody out now and figure it out later."

Everybody still being ticked at each other was a nice touch, characters tend to forgive this kind of goings-on way too fast in a lot of sci-fi. Maybe still kind of quick, but at least people with some hard feelings are shown.

Amazed when they tried to wool-pull Dr. Lee, but at least she was smart enough to not fall for it. I was like "They are not going to cover up the whole thing, are they?"
      "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
      " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
      Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

I enjoyed this one. Something of a mystery, a dangerous abnormal and the Sanctuary gang. Nice to have a "regular" episode.
        I liked how Magnus had to play referee and figure stuff out.
        and the somewhat offhand remark at the end about having dealt with this kind of situation before ( the UN official) was pure Magnus.

Comment

This was quite fun, a very nice break from the Hollow Earth storyline. I really liked that Will, Henry and the others still had some hard feelings even after they knew what happened, it was a nice counterpoint to the friendly interaction they usually have. And Helen as the 'mom' getting the kids in line was great.

The psychosis-inducing bug worked well as a reason for everyone going crazy, though I felt like it took Helen and others a bit to long to realize the mode of transmission. I was also a bit dubious of them trying to cover up the whole thing with the UN inspector, so I was glad to see her cotton on to them and force them to tell the truth.

All-in-all a nice standalone. As much as enjoyed the longer arc in the first part of S3 I've missed these kinds of episodes.

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
          I enjoyed this one. Something of a mystery, a dangerous abnormal and the Sanctuary gang. Nice to have a "regular" episode.
          I liked how Magnus had to play referee and figure stuff out.
          and the somewhat offhand remark at the end about having dealt with this kind of situation before ( the UN official) was pure Magnus.
          That was a great bit at the end. I also think the UN stuff may tie in with the season finale
          Spoiler:
          when I believe Helen goes up against the UN to an extent about some kind of District 9 containment they've created for some abnormals.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DragonGate View Post
            My favorite type of sci-fi episode, right here.

Particularly liked Bigfoot's tactic "knock everybody out now and figure it out later."
            Well said, and I am keeping that plan under my hat. Just in case.

At one point, Biggie says: I'm not getting in that elevator. This building is possessed, again!
            The building was possessed before?? whiskey foxtrot tango...

I told Will to shut up several times tonight. *grin*

What are they doing different with the Big Guy? He didn't look right to me, and I felt like I could hear way too much gruffy John. *sigh* Hearing the Big Guy talk always makes me miss John a little bit anyway.

Totally loved seeing a different range of expressions and emotions from Helen. Love it when she puts her foot down and makes the pups behave.
            Last edited by Feast of the Muse; 22 April 2011, 08:40 PM.
            Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
            Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

Originally posted by Feast of the Muse View Post
              At one point, Biggie says: I'm not getting in that elevator. This building is possessed, again!
              "Haunted" Season 2, episode 11.
              "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
              " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
              Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Originally posted by Feast of the Muse View Post
                Well said, and I am keeping that plan under my hat. Just in case.

In S2's Haunted, Biggie got trapped in the elevator with Kate when the electro-parasite in Druitt took over the Sanctuary.

I noticed on the rewatch that Helen says the Sanctuary has been running for 149 years, so I guess Gregory founded it when Helen was only 10 years old.

sigpic

Comment

I'm I the first to mention Helen's short skirt? Amazing legs.

Comment

Great episode. It was funny, good action scenes, and we saw some new sides to them we've never really see before. I loved the comic tone of the episode, and the little music that played when Helen was looking at her team. I liked how each character was able to tell part of the story, and then it all came together at the end.

The start kinda reminded me of Pavor, when Helen wakes up to the Sanctuary in a big mess. And I loved how the little bug was the thing making them all turn bad, and Biggies reaction to the little thing. I loved the angry mama Magnus scene, they know full well to obey her. I loved how Helen was trying to be sneaky with the agent at the end, but I think the agent got a little more respect for Helen.

Oh, and I loved hearing Helen say "bloody hell" not once but twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Steff View Post
                      I'm I the first to mention Helen's short skirt? Amazing legs.
                      *blushes* Uh, no, I didn't notice that skirt at the end... um, so, how does she run around in those heels? Makes my feet hurt just thinking about it.

I think I enjoy a roaring Helen just a bit too much. *blushes more*
                      Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
                      Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

a fairly enjoyable episode, especially after all of the Hollow Earth stuff recently. It was a nice digression back to what the Sanctuary is about.

I was hoping to see Magnus going psycho at one point towards the end - in a bit of a Requiem kind of way. But Mama Magnus & the bickering kids were so fun to watch.

I was a bit annoyed with Will (but that's what we were supposed to be, right?), but why do they always have him as the whiny pre-teen?

Biggie hanging upside down in the elevator? LMAO I wonder how long Chris had to be suspended like that. It was quite ingenious for him to swing himself & hit the alarm repeatedly. I also thought it was cute that he used the excuse of his big, hairy hands to not have to do paperwork - yet he gave up crocheting (or was it needlepoint?)

"Skippy" reminded me of the Nubbins, and in having the abnormal go from host to host, I couldn't help but think of SG-1's "Legacy".

In all, a nice return to the true Sanctuary, yet I did miss John & Tesla.

Oh, and can't forget the Magnus Gun Bum! Loved it, as usual.
                        sigpic

Comment

He fixed his hair up a little nicer and cleaned up a little bit. Just a little manscaping here and there. hhmmm, do we see a girl in his future?

Comment

Originally posted by KayLyne View Post
                            a fairly enjoyable episode, especially after all of the Hollow Earth stuff recently. It was a nice digression back to what the Sanctuary is about.

I was hoping to see Magnus going psycho at one point towards the end - in a bit of a Requiem kind of way. But Mama Magnus & the bickering kids were so fun to watch.

I was a bit annoyed with Will (but that's what we were supposed to be, right?), but why do they always have him as the whiny pre-teen?

Biggie hanging upside down in the elevator? LMAO I wonder how long Chris had to be suspended like that. It was quite ingenious for him to swing himself & hit the alarm repeatedly. I also thought it was cute that he used the excuse of his big, hairy hands to not have to do paperwork - yet he gave up crocheting (or was it needlepoint?)

"Skippy" reminded me of the Nubbins, and in having the abnormal go from host to host, I couldn't help but think of SG-1's "Legacy".

In all, a nice return to the true Sanctuary, yet I did miss John & Tesla.

Oh, and can't forget the Magnus Gun Bum! Loved it, as usual.
                            Speaking of the devil, what happened to our favorite ex-vamp with the Alucard smile?

Comment

A liked the episode. Magnus having to play the mama bear and get the kids to behave was funny. I forget who all said it but it was great to see the gang still be a little mad at each other after waking up.
                              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Working...
                              X