A Good Man Goes To War (3207)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
    Heres an even more interesting question, as River is Amy's little girl and 99% proof that Melody is the little girl that regenerated in DotM, that means that when she dies in Library/Forest she could regenerate again and not be dead
    Actually, no, since her body was destroyed

And she can't become Kovarian, she's significantly older and we know how River dies.

Comment

How do we think this will be resolved?

Also, what are everyone elses reactions to River being Amy and Rorys daughter?
      I kinda didnt want that as it was abit too obvious, I wanted something completely wild and wacky, but there are still a load of unanswered questions around her...
      Im happy and sad at the same time lol (cant decide whether I like it or not), but theres alot more to be revealed about her so Im looking forward to seeing her again...

I kinda guessed that they had taken the baby or done something to it because it was too easy getting it back, but I didnt expect them to pull a ganger baby on us...

So it wasnt the Silence that impregnated her, but theres still a whole heap of questions regarding them and the Little Girl, they answered one major question, but left so many other major questions outstanding...

Also, who are the headless monks?

One last question, I just read somewhere that we should keep our eyes on the monitors and corridors, anyone see anything fishy that could be easily missed? Or something unconspiquous (probs spelt wrong) that could hint at whats coming up??
      Last edited by Teddybrown; 04 June 2011, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Treat em mean keep em keen

N.C

Comment

Slightly disappointed at River's identity because it seemed too obvious, but still a lot of unanswered questions.

I still think the "Good Man" is Rory, don't forget he had a sonic screwdriver during the episode and I didn't see him give it back, hmm....

Also unless what we saw in episode 1 was the ganger!doctor, then the hand at the end is not the Doctor, see my previous paragraph please....

Comment

Absolutely amazing episode and the revelation of River's identity was such a total shock that most definitely NOT a disappoint!

Looking forward to Autumn and getting the rest of the questions answered in the stories ahead! Cannot wait! Bring it on!

Trivia: I think this story marked the first appearance of the Mondasian Cybermen last seen in 1988's Silver Nemesis judging by the fact that they didn't display the Cybus Industries logo on their chest and that their spaceships were highly reminiscent of those used in the 1968 story The Invasion.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

The River being Amy's daughter thing I had that figured out at the start of the season.... or close to!

Great episode but why are they still using Gilson pipettes in the 51st centruy (or whenever this was set)? and I was rolling on the floor when Amy waved one around like a weapon!
              A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
                The River being Amy's daughter thing I had that figured out at the start of the season.... or close to!

Great episode but why are they still using Gilson pipettes in the 51st centruy (or whenever this was set)? and I was rolling on the floor when Amy waved one around like a weapon!
                You did, huh? How?

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

cool episode. the sontaran was great, guess there will be even more surprises instore and how does the silence get involved in this since river knows nothing on them.

river actually might be the one that kills the doctor perhaps through some secret command in her brain or something since they intended her as a weapon.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                    You did, huh? How?
                    Twas a hunch I had ever since we saw a pic of Amy and the kid back in day of the moon, add that to the kid regenerating and Amy's worries about a 'timehead'.

Given that River has a firm grasp of the whole 'wibbly wobbly timey whiney, goes ding when theres stuff...' stuff, the ability of them to use Regeneration to explain having a different actress (who may look unlike Alex Kingston) portray younger versions of River.
                    A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                      Trivia: I think this story marked the first appearance of the Mondasian Cybermen last seen in 1988's Silver Nemesis judging by the fact that they didn't display the Cybus Industries logo on their chest and that their spaceships were highly reminiscent of those used in the 1968 story The Invasion.
                      Aha! I thought this too! Glad to see that GW's resident WhoMaster had the same thought I wonder what it means for future storytelling though? I seem to recall that the original (real) Cybermen were utterly defeated in the Cyber-wars of the 2500s; their only survivors being the band that were rediscovered and defeated in Tomb of the Cybermen? Admittedly, that'd probably be about 2500 years prior to this episode so that's plenty of time to rebuild.

Anyway, another fantastic episode. I think I preferred the original/rumoured title Demons Run, but that's such a minor issue that it's hardly worth mentioning. I loved this episode, and I can't wait to see how this story continues to play out and how it fits in with the Silence!

edit; oh, something else I forgot to mention! It seems it's now canon that the homo-reptilia of last year's two-parter are indeed called Silurians
                      Last edited by DigiFluid; 04 June 2011, 02:24 PM.
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Cronus View Post
                        I'm slightly confused about timelines and what not though - so the Doctor now knows how Amy's child dies? And Amy knows how the Doctor dies? And River went to jail for killing a good man (presumably the Doctor?)? But why doesn't River react more to Amy and Rory in the past season or so? And why, when we first met River, is she supposedly from the 51st century? And where is the Doctor's daughter in all this?

My head hurts
                        I haven't seen the episode, won't get to see it until next week ... but read the spoilers, cause I couldn't wait .... so I know who River is -- by now.

Anywho... here's why I think River didn't recognize Rory or Amy and vice-versa -- I mentioned it in the River Song topic -- so this is a partial quote from there

Spoiler:
                        Spoiler:
                        As for River not knowing who the child was, the Doctor mentioned that the Silence creatures were operating on some sort of post-hypnotic suggestion, and therefore, chunks of River's entire life could have been blanked out of her memory, as a result -- deliberately by the Silence. Same issue with Amy (and Rory) not knowing who River was -- altho, they were traveling forward in time, River was going back and forth... On the other extreme, River seems to have no problem being a fully grown adult as *River Song* knowing where her connections to the Doctor are in various points of the time-stream.

Also, if the Silence creature did tell Amy that she would *bring* (not break, but BRING) the silence, it could make sense that it was the time of silence brought on by River not telling the Doctor who River *really* was...??

just a few thoughts...

Also, River claimed that she is *quite the screamer*, ehhh?? She did say "now there's a story for yah!" (spoilers!)
                        perhaps, not what one might think???
                        Spoiler:
                        as a baby, or perhaps while having a baby herself -- if she was pregnant and having morning sickness, as well..?? Rory didn't complain about feeling sick, and neither did Canton.. and neither did that lady in the bathroom -- Joy?? or was joy just that lady's mood??

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                          Slightly disappointed at River's identity because it seemed too obvious, but still a lot of unanswered questions.

I still think the "Good Man" is Rory, don't forget he had a sonic screwdriver during the episode and I didn't see him give it back, hmm....

Also unless what we saw in episode 1 was the ganger!doctor, then the hand at the end is not the Doctor, see my previous paragraph please....
                          What hand do you mean can I ask?
                          I agree with you on Rivers identity, Im kinda playing with the good man being Rory too.
                          Last edited by Teddybrown; 04 June 2011, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                            What hand do you mean can I ask?
                            I think he means the skeletal hand clutching the fading sonic screwdriver. It's the teaser after the episode.
                            And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Yes that's what I meant, after the credits you saw what Sealurk describes with the words "Time runs out" after it for about 3 seconds.

I had gone dashing off to the toilet and when I came back the Mrs had the credit's paused and simply said "you missed this"..

Comment

At the very end, after the credits, at least in the uk, there was a picture of a skeleton hand resting on the Doctors Sonic and the words "Time runs out" then fade to black.

Here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzW4dx0lQSQ

Have fun being chilled again

N.C

Comment

Working...
                                X