Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Post A Good Man Goes To War (3207)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO - SERIES 32
    A GOOD MAN GOES TO WAR
    EPISODE NUMBER - 3207 (607)
    Rory and the Doctor come to Amy's rescue at a secret military base that is raising an army against the Doctor, calling on some old friends to save her and her new baby.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; June 7th, 2011 at 03:11 PM.

Default Re: A Good Man Goes To War (3207)

Awesome Rory, Badass Rory. Restac revived. Danny Boy and River…oh wow. Wow oh wow. Wow. Have I mentioned, WOW?!?!
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.

Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

OMG That was awesome
    The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
    The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
    Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
    Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
    Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Omfg!!!!
    What a brilliant episode!
    So many great things baout it, a Sontaran that can breastfeed, all of the Doctors friends and foes rallying to his aide, the Doctor being tricked, River Songs identity!
    Wheres the Doctor going??
    I dunno whether Im happy or sad about who River Song is, I kinda wanted something totally out there and whacky, I suppose this is, but maybe a bit too obvious?
    Soooo psyched for Part 2 now!

WHAT A MIND FRAK!

Good job I was lying on the couch or I'd have been floored!
    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

WHAT THE ACTUAL **** !!!!!!!

That was awesome in ways that dont even have words to describe it.

I figured out the whole River thing 3 seconds before she showed them the prayer leaf

Aside from the man she kills, which, judging by the 3 second Next time pic and the words "Time Runs Out" is getting clearer.

Best episode ever, bad Doctor and awesome balls to the wall Rory !!!!

I'm gonna watch that at least 20 more times over the week end !!!!!

N.C

Behind the *new* bar. What'll it be, stranger?

Quote Originally Posted by Sealurk View Post
    Awesome Rory, Badass Rory. Restac revived. Danny Boy and River…oh wow. Wow oh wow. Wow. Have I mentioned, WOW?!?!
    I'm pretty sure that wasn't Restac, not from the story she told on how they met.

Yes. Great episode.

Let's Kill Hitler!
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

ZOMFG!!!!!!!

Danny Boy!

Clergy!

Cybermen!

THE LAST CENTURION!

DANNY BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*collapses in fit of fandom squee overload*

"Five Rounds Rapid"

Heres an even more interesting question, as River is Amy's little girl and 99% proof that Melody is the little girl that regenerated in DotM, that means that when she dies in Library/Forest she could regenerate again and not be dead.

I hope she doesnt become Kovarian due to the Doctor abandoning her.

N.C

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
    I'm pretty sure that wasn't Restac, not from the story she told on how they met.

Yes. Great episode.

Let's Kill Hitler!
    Ah well, still awesome. I must have misheard. Damn my failing ears!! But still, what an episode. What a brilliant, superb, fantastic episode.

"Demons run when a good man goes to war". Brilliant, brilliant line. Loved the poem at the end too.
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.

Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Quote Originally Posted by Nth Chevron View Post
    Heres an even more interesting question, as River is Amy's little girl and 99% proof that Melody is the little girl that regenerated in DotM, that means that when she dies in Library/Forest she could regenerate again and not be dead.

I hope she doesnt become Kovarian due to the Doctor abandoning her.

N.C
    Not true. She even said that should the Doctor take her place in the chair in FotD it would kill him stone dead before he could regenerate. It's the reason she KO'd him and chained him to the rail, and took the hit herself.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

She is combined Human Timelord though, so that might give way to unforseen side effects and such

N.C

She is combined Human Timelord though, so that might give way to unforseen side effects and such

N.C
    Because she's a hybrid of both, because of being born during TARDIS transit or *on the wedding night*, I still doubt that she's as powerful as a full Time Lord because she's still half human. So if the Doctor didn't stand a chance against the chair in FotD then River certainly wouldn't.

Also GREAT to see my favourite pirates again (if not briefly) I wonder why they didn't join in the battle outside the TARDIS though?

I'm slightly confused about timelines and what not though - so the Doctor now knows how Amy's child dies? And Amy knows how the Doctor dies? And River went to jail for killing a good man (presumably the Doctor?)? But why doesn't River react more to Amy and Rory in the past season or so? And why, when we first met River, is she supposedly from the 51st century? And where is the Doctor's daughter in all this?

My head hurts
    The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
    The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
    Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
    Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
    Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Chief Master Sergeant

Heres an even more interesting question, as River is Amy's little girl and 99% proof that Melody is the little girl that regenerated in DotM, that means that when she dies in Library/Forest she could regenerate again and not be dead
    Actually, no, since her body was destroyed

And she can't become Kovarian, she's significantly older and we know how River dies.

How do we think this will be resolved?

Also, what are everyone elses reactions to River being Amy and Rorys daughter?
    I kinda didnt want that as it was abit too obvious, I wanted something completely wild and wacky, but there are still a load of unanswered questions around her...
    Im happy and sad at the same time lol (cant decide whether I like it or not), but theres alot more to be revealed about her so Im looking forward to seeing her again...

I kinda guessed that they had taken the baby or done something to it because it was too easy getting it back, but I didnt expect them to pull a ganger baby on us...

So it wasnt the Silence that impregnated her, but theres still a whole heap of questions regarding them and the Little Girl, they answered one major question, but left so many other major questions outstanding...

Also, who are the headless monks?

One last question, I just read somewhere that we should keep our eyes on the monitors and corridors, anyone see anything fishy that could be easily missed? Or something unconspiquous (probs spelt wrong) that could hint at whats coming up??
    Last edited by Teddybrown; June 4th, 2011 at 12:57 PM.

Treat em mean keep em keen

N.C

Captain

Slightly disappointed at River's identity because it seemed too obvious, but still a lot of unanswered questions.

I still think the "Good Man" is Rory, don't forget he had a sonic screwdriver during the episode and I didn't see him give it back, hmm....

Also unless what we saw in episode 1 was the ganger!doctor, then the hand at the end is not the Doctor, see my previous paragraph please....

Absolutely amazing episode and the revelation of River's identity was such a total shock that most definitely NOT a disappoint!

Looking forward to Autumn and getting the rest of the questions answered in the stories ahead! Cannot wait! Bring it on!

Trivia: I think this story marked the first appearance of the Mondasian Cybermen last seen in 1988's Silver Nemesis judging by the fact that they didn't display the Cybus Industries logo on their chest and that their spaceships were highly reminiscent of those used in the 1968 story The Invasion.
    THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES, K-9, CLASS and much more...