• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Rebel Flesh (3205)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO - SERIES 32
    THE REBEL FLESH
    EPISODE NUMBER - 3205 (605)
    In the thirty-second century the Doctor finds a factory occupied by a team who use doppelgangers made of artificially created flesh to perform hazardous tasks. But when the "Gangers" begin acting on their own, the Doctor tries to convince the team that their duplicates are living beings.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 03 September 2011, 01:34 PM.

Wow, what a good way to start the 2 parter!
    Started of a bit slow, but picked up pace as it went along
    I guessed that the Doctor would make a doppelganger of himself
    Rorys a bit of an idiot running off on his own, but it shows he cares about people
    Cant wait for part 2!

Comment

Well that was an okay episode, bit tame, bit predictable, but frankly after last week's episode that might be a good thing.

On the plus side, Muse!
      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
      sigpic
      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

That was pretty good, but struggled to live up to last ep. Was I the only one thinking as soon as the acid was introduced that Rory will fall into it at some point next Saturday?
        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
          That was pretty good, but struggled to live up to last ep. Was I the only one thinking as soon as the acid was introduced that Rory will fall into it at some point next Saturday?
          With his record... lol

Comment

Decent opening act to a very creepy story...I'm sure it'll pick up a bit more next week, this was mostly all to establish the "US and THEM" war. I DID think it was a little too easy for the flesh to rebel so convieniantly, but I guess that's because the storm presented the right oppertunity. Good to see Eyepatch Lady will be doing double duty with this story (she's in the Next Time trailer too)

Comment

Wow. That was brilliantly creepy start to this two parter! Younger kids will have been hiding behind the sofa or burying their heads into a cushion or a parents' stomach at the sight of the 'Gangers faces and stretching necks. Loved it...great cliffhanger, and very much looking forward to Part 2!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
              K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Anyone got the feeling the Doctor is the one who decided on this trip and not the Tardis and he somehow knows exactly what happen on this trip as well. As this is one of those fixed point in time that cannot be change.

He also seem to be trying to dump Rory and Amy off the Tardis. A couple of times this series he tried to loose them. An yet they always manage to stay on board because of some incident (is the Tardis keeping them aboard? just like she does not let him go where he want, she does not let him decide who is his companion). An I suspect Amy baby is worrying him, and it more than just him caring for Amy.

Last week story should have been chosen, despite its problems with the dialogue its was the best story of the series and could have easily taken up two episode, especially if the rain forest scenes added. Why this one could easily been one episode story.

I did not mind the episode despite its completely unoriginal storyline, which have been done in many films, TV programme, (Stargate, Star Trek, Outer Limits and Xfiles and even Doctor done the storyline before and the list goes on and on and on and on ), at least there was no annoying dialogue like last week episode, I just hope now they have two doctors we can see them fight it out between each other.

But it be to obvious for it dopplegagger to be the one to have died at the beginning series.

However it being the one to come with a plan to save the original doctor is a even better storyline through, especially if Rory or Amy asks him in the next episode and he tells them how to regenerate him.

After all we know the time lords can regenerate even after there body is burnt to a crisp, the Master did it, and the only reason that it went wrong was because someone sabotage the formula. An telling dopplegagger about what happens to his real self should cause no trouble at all with time paradoxes and it much better than it just being the dopplegagger getting killed.

Through I hope the next episode is not simple humans vs Dopplegaggers. The synopsis suggest this is the case which is good. Through its also suggest the dopplegagger doctor is a threat to everyone.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/videos/p00gygrl

That video is somehow linked to this episode or the next.

About the mysterious video, to me it does not look like he filming it from the Tardis. It look like it being filmed somewhere else.

But other than that, the Doctor is in trouble and only Rory, Amy or River can rescue him. An where ever the doctor is looking to be under attack by someone.

Yes the name could suggest the angels, but we know they are not the big bad this season, that the Silent or who ever in the astronaut suit or the girl who regenerated at the end of the second episode. I suspect it a combination of all three mixed together plotting together.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                  An telling dopplegagger about what happens to his real self should cause no trouble at all with time paradoxes and it much better than it just being the dopplegagger getting killed.
                  Were you even looking at the next time trailer where the Doctor Ganger was trying to strangle Amy?

Don't expect them to tell him anything, this plotline isnt going to expand beyond this two-parter. The Doctor is the one who dies at the beach.

Comment

Originally posted by Zarius View Post
                    Were you even looking at the next time trailer where the Doctor Ganger was trying to strangle Amy?

Don't expect them to tell him anything, this plotline isnt going to expand beyond this two-parter. The Doctor is the one who dies at the beach.
                    Yes I saw the trailer. But as usual in the doctor who it may not be what it appears to be.
                    Last edited by knowles2; 21 May 2011, 12:59 PM.

Comment

1. Marshall Lancaster - good to see you again mate!

2. Not sure exactly when this is set.

3. If this is a fixed point then I doubt the Doctor would be getting as involved as he is.

4. "Trust me - I'm the Doctor". I certainly hope he'll be of use.

Very good set up!
                      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

That was pretty good, am very suspicious as to what the Doctor knows about the Flesh that he's not saying. I missed about five minutes of dialogue because we watched it with our Northern Friend who's accent and Northern mannerisms we always mock, when the Doctor did his Yorkshire thing it was like he was breaking the Fourth Wall to address us and we laughed for ages afterwards.

Who's guessing that Rory ends up with a Ganger that then dies?

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
                          Who's guessing that Rory ends up with a Ganger that then dies?
                          If he does end up with a Ganger and bites it, then it would really be a mirror of the Silurian two-parter from last year. That's not a good thing for me as I got a "meh" vibe from the Silurian storyline. This episode gave the same feeling. Like a few others in the thread, I think this episode didn't quite live up to the awesomeness from last week.

I can't pin down what it is exactly but the Silurian two-parter didn't click with me and so far this one isn't either, though I do admit that the Doctor having a duplicate of himself opens up interesting possibilities.

I was looking for the Eye-Patch Lady again and when she did appear, I thought, "What? That's it?"
                          sigpic

Comment

What no one commented about when the dopple says 'I thought I was going to die' and Rory says 'welcome to my world?'

And waiting 2 weeks for BBCA? I think not! I will get my part 2 next week somehow!

Comment

2 Doctors are better than one

Awesome cliffhanger!

Comment

Working...
                              X