Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cripples, Bastards, and Broken Things (104)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sansa could develop to be a force to be reckoned with now that she's lost the girlish 'ah, isn't he so cute' and is seeing more reality. And I think she'll grow to envy her little sister, because the sister isn't going to be a 'good wife and mother'.

i haven't read the books,a nd don't plan to, but so far it's enjoyable. I'm catching up via OnDemand so 4 more episodes to go before i'm caught up
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      Sansa could develop to be a force to be reckoned with now that she's lost the girlish 'ah, isn't he so cute' and is seeing more reality. And I think she'll grow to envy her little sister, because the sister isn't going to be a 'good wife and mother'.

i haven't read the books,a nd don't plan to, but so far it's enjoyable. I'm catching up via OnDemand so 4 more episodes to go before i'm caught up
      I wouldn't count on it. She's a girl in a nest of vipers, with people like Cersei, Littlefinger and Varys. And in Game of Thrones, the villains have just as much of a chance at winning as the heroes...

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
        I wouldn't count on it. She's a girl in a nest of vipers, with people like Cersei, Littlefinger and Varys. And in Game of Thrones, the villains have just as much of a chance at winning as the heroes...
        Spoiler:

Even the villains eventually all get their date with Karma though.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
          Spoiler:

Even the villains eventually all get their date with Karma though.
          Some of them do. I'm pretty sure at the end of it, people like Littlefinger will still be alive, still plotting.

Comment

TM6P,

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
            Some of them do. I'm pretty sure at the end of it, people like Littlefinger will still be alive, still plotting.
            Spoiler:
            Are we certian LF can be qualified as a Villain given what he does for Sansa later in the series?
            All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Originally posted by Ser Scot A Ellison View Post
              TM6P,

Spoiler:
              Are we certian LF can be qualified as a Villain given what he does for Sansa later in the series?
              I'm pretty sure he can be considered that, he has a long list of misdeeds. He has his grey side as well, as do all the characters, but he'd sell out anyone to advance his own position.

Comment

What makes it so interesting, from the POV of a person that hasn't read the books, is that none of these characters' fates seem to be telegraphed right now.

even whiny little prince questions his mom...and then buys into her 'my little precious boy, you do no wrong' junk, but he's questioning...which means, theoretically, he can still change from the blustery coward that he really is.

the unknown quantity is what makes it intriguing. and if people die, people die. No one is safe, so there's not this 'yeah, well her name is in the credits so i knjow she'll survive' going on
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  What makes it so interesting, from the POV of a person that hasn't read the books, is that none of these characters' fates seem to be telegraphed right now.

even whiny little prince questions his mom...and then buys into her 'my little precious boy, you do no wrong' junk, but he's questioning...which means, theoretically, he can still change from the blustery coward that he really is.

the unknown quantity is what makes it intriguing. and if people die, people die. No one is safe, so there's not this 'yeah, well her name is in the credits so i knjow she'll survive' going on
                  Oh indeed, of coming to either the books or the series, for the first time, is the fact that you have no idea what could happen. Other shows kill characters, but not like this. No one is safe. In Stargate, when it was just another planet of the week episode, you knew if SG1 got into a fight, they'd all make it out alive. Not here, every fight that a main character is involved in is a risk, people will die.

So on that note, do not read any spoilers.

Comment

TM6P,

Storytelling without character shields is interesting, isn't it?

All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Favorite Characters up untill now, Ned, Arya and Littlefinger
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X