Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cripples, Bastards, and Broken Things (104)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cripples, Bastards, and Broken Things (104)

Visit the Episode GuideGAME OF THRONES - SEASON ONE
    CRIPPLES, BASTARDS, AND BROKEN THINGS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 104
    Ned investigates Jon Arryn’s death and his final days, leading him to a blacksmith’s apprentice who may hold an important secret. Jon Snow comes to the aid of a new recruit who has no business being part of the Night’s Watch, and the King hosts a jousting tournament in Ned’s honor.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 06 October 2011, 11:28 AM.

Hands down the best part of this episode was Denaerys finally properly putting Viserys in his place
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Ooh. Samwell and The Mountain-that-rides.

Littlefinger and Tyrion are awesome. I wish there were more Arya (and an appearance by Syrio), too.
      sigpic

Comment

******* it show, stop making me like Jaime so much. ISN'T HE THE BAD GUY HERE? :/

Also, awesome all 'round. Jon's shaping up to be a good hero character, Arya's continual awesome streak is awesome, and Tyrion was great, as usual. But I gotta admit I think Cat one-upped him like a bawse there at the end. Good way to end an episode.

The Mountain That Rides is a scary ****er. That is all.
        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
          The Mountain That Rides is a scary ****er. That is all.
          Oh man, the guy they cast for that role is PERFECT. I mean, I don't know jack about the character, but the man is huuuuuuuge, son!

Actually about the only part in this week I didn't like was the Wall vet going off on Jon and Sam with his "I'm so badass" stories about the last Winter. Crap like that makes my eyes roll so hard I worry about them falling out of my head, which is kind of a shame because there were interesting stories in there.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post

Actually about the only part in this week I didn't like was the Wall vet going off on Jon and Sam with his "I'm so badass" stories about the last Winter. Crap like that makes my eyes roll so hard I worry about them falling out of my head, which is kind of a shame because there were interesting stories in there.
            I thought that part was awesome, and the point is, he's not exaggerating, in winter in Westeros, in the North it really is that bad, hell it gets worse. Most drill Sergeant nasty characters are presented as being unpleasant for the sake of it, but when you think about it, Thorne is right. And of course as viewers we know more than just wildlings and the deathly cold are comeing in the Winter...

Anyway, overall I loved this episode best yet. Good to see some gore back, as Ser Hugh of the Vale met his end, great establishing character moment for the Mountain, awesome stuff with Jon at the Wall, all the rest good as usual. Can’t wait for next week.

Comment

re: the guy who plays 'The Mountain'

someone dig up his showreel thingy (or whatever the actors use to show off their skills is called), I don't remember where I saw it, but it was quite funny (there was this bit where he was fighting another big dude and they were smashing into a small plane and bits were being broken )

re: Thorne's lines w/ Jon and Sam
              Yeah, I liked that bit, too. The North, esp. beyond the Wall, is a bad, bad place (and the opponents Thorne was talking about were only the human 'Wildlings' hehehe ).
              It's also nice that they're dropping names already, like Mance Rayder (I don't remember the first book anymore...that and I lent it out a week ago )
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
                re: Thorne's lines w/ Jon and Sam
                Yeah, I liked that bit, too. The North, esp. beyond the Wall, is a bad, bad place (and the opponents Thorne was talking about were only the human 'Wildlings' hehehe ).
                It's also nice that they're dropping names already, like Mance Rayder (I don't remember the first book anymore...that and I lent it out a week ago )
                Yeah I got all excited when they mentioned Mance. Also what with them casting season 2 as we speak, we should find out who’s playing him in the next few weeks.

I wanted to see more of the tournament, and I think we will in the next ep. (which should I think be pretty action packed).
                Last edited by The Mighty 6 platoon; 09 May 2011, 04:24 AM.

Comment

is there something wrong with the word 'Bastard'?

Comment

It was blocked by the forum's curse filter until recently when I whined and Darren took it out.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      It was blocked by the forum's curse filter until recently when I whined and Darren took it out.
                      Well the thread title seems to waver between bastards and *******s, dunno why.

Comment

The action quickens in this episode and the pace picks up. Great episode that also had some foreshadowing about things to come from one of the other houses (Greyjoy).
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post

I wanted to see more of the tournament, and I think we will in the next ep. (which should I think be pretty action packed).
                          Melee?
                          Spoiler:
                          Isn't that when they first show Thoros of Myr?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                            I thought that part was awesome, and the point is, he's not exaggerating, in winter in Westeros, in the North it really is that bad, hell it gets worse. Most drill Sergeant nasty characters are presented as being unpleasant for the sake of it, but when you think about it, Thorne is right. And of course as viewers we know more than just wildlings and the deathly cold are comeing in the Winter...
                            Of course he's right, but that doesn't make it any more enjoyable to watch IMO. Any time you see any military/war vet on TV or in a movie carry on like that; bad story, are you scared yet?; worse story; still not scared?; even worse story; continue descent into hyperbole....it just makes me want to hit fast forward. Even though I know there were hugely valid and important things he had to say about the last Winter, especially with another one coming, but I find it painful to sit through.

But considering it was my only complaint about the episode....

Comment

Yet another great episode

The Mountain is f***ing scary, first he played with ser Hugh of the Vale and the second time we got some gore. I was actually waiting for Loras, guess he's in the next episode.
                              Great performances all around, especially Tyrion, Littlefinger and Jon. Not to forget Sam made his first appearence and Dany finally stood up to Viserys.
                              Yes, they are setting up quite a few storylines for down the line, Mance, Thoros and the Greyjoys

Hope to have the time write a more detailed review soon...
                              sigpic
                              My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

Working...
                              X