X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt,

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
    But that's cheating!

(My method so far has been to read the chapters that happened in the episode after the show aired. Helps with the background more than anything else, but still good fun.)

Oh yeah, this was an amazing episode. Very family-driven in its own twisted way, and the plots are working all toward something big, which I can't wait to see. Felt a little rushed in places, and maybe a little subtitle at the bottom of the screen every now and then saying a month has passed might not go astray, but everything else comes together brilliantly.

I can safely say that pegging Tyrion and Arya as my two favourite characters has not let me down yet! 'Cause, I mean, wow. Gotta give props to Ned too, though it felt like he was barely there, he's a just man who does what he has to, and that's awesome. Catelyn taking out her frustrations on Jon seemed a bit cruel, but understandable. She definitely helped herself in my eyes by defending Bran from the assassin like that.

Dany's plot so far is interesting because it's a very visible character journey from wounded girl turned queen who's starting to influence the Khal ever-slowly. Man I hope she turns into something beyond badass. That'll be fun.

And, oddly enough, I find myself liking Jamie Lannister a lot. Something very disarming about the guy playing him, and if not for the incest and the attempted murder of Bran, I'd think he was pretty solid.

Glad Joffrey got bit. So much.
    Buy the books read the series. You will not be sorry. However, you will be waiting with the rest of us for the next book.
    All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Gotthammer,

To answer your spoiler question:

Spoiler:
      They appear as guards in AGOT but are not explained and shown in detail until ASOS.
      All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

im glad to say i enjoyed this episode just as much as the pilot but the ending was so sad
        sigpic
        The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

The children actors in this show are wonderful. The girl who plays Arya is fabulous, but the others are good as well.

I agree that Tyrion and Arya are my favourite characters.
          Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
            The children actors in this show are wonderful. The girl who plays Arya is fabulous, but the others are good as well.

I agree that Tyrion and Arya are my favourite characters.
            I ended up liking Tyrion, Daenerys, and Jon the best. However, Arya definitely gets quite a few respect points for being such a wonderful independence of spirit.
            sigpic

Comment

In the book, I really did like the growth in Dani's character. The casting was superb for her : she does the startled look very well.
              Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Working...
              X