• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Kingsroad (102)

Visit the Episode GuideGAME OF THRONES - SEASON ONE
    THE KINGSROAD
    EPISODE NUMBER - 102
    Ned rides south to take his place as King Robert's hand, while his wife remains at the bedside of their dying child. Jon Snow departs for watch duty on the northern wall, and a bit of dueling practice goes bad for Arya after Prince Joffrey interrupts. Meanwhile, Daenerys seeks a way to please her new husband and so turn the tables on their relationship.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 06 October 2011, 11:43 AM.

The Wall.....wow.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

damn it's amazing show and this episode was even better than the first one. I'm sure it's gonna be the show of this year

After seeing two episodes I've ordered the first book
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

After seeing two episodes I've ordered the first book.
        But that's cheating!

(My method so far has been to read the chapters that happened in the episode after the show aired. Helps with the background more than anything else, but still good fun.)

Oh yeah, this was an amazing episode. Very family-driven in its own twisted way, and the plots are working all toward something big, which I can't wait to see. Felt a little rushed in places, and maybe a little subtitle at the bottom of the screen every now and then saying a month has passed might not go astray, but everything else comes together brilliantly.

I can safely say that pegging Tyrion and Arya as my two favourite characters has not let me down yet! 'Cause, I mean, wow. Gotta give props to Ned too, though it felt like he was barely there, he's a just man who does what he has to, and that's awesome. Catelyn taking out her frustrations on Jon seemed a bit cruel, but understandable. She definitely helped herself in my eyes by defending Bran from the assassin like that.

Dany's plot so far is interesting because it's a very visible character journey from wounded girl turned queen who's starting to influence the Khal ever-slowly. Man I hope she turns into something beyond badass. That'll be fun.

And, oddly enough, I find myself liking Jamie Lannister a lot. Something very disarming about the guy playing him, and if not for the incest and the attempted murder of Bran, I'd think he was pretty solid.

Glad Joffrey got bit. So much.
        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I was actually thinking, those dogs have grown up pretty damn fast

Ha Jamie Lannister is becoming my favorite character aswell, i mean the actor is doing such a good job of it, i thought it was cool how calously (i think thats the word) he pushed bran of the edge in last episode

Spoiler:
          Now i expected Bran to wake up right at the end of the episodes, wonder if the mother is going to survive the attack
          Last Movie Watched
          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
          Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
            Glad Joffrey got bit. So much.
            This this and this again. I was hoping Arya would beat him up though.

Another great episode. Tyrion slapping Joffrey (So much win there)
            The wolf killing the assasin.
            Arya and Jon: "Impressive" "Shut up." "Its so skinny" "So are you"

Fave characters so far. Tyrion. Arya. Jon. Ned. Bring on next week
            sigpic

Comment

Here's an inside into The Kingsroad by the creators of the series
              http://www.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/e...e&cmpid=ABC587

I'll write my review after I've seen the episode a second time.
              I did like the second episode much better than the pilot.
              sigpic
              My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

Any1 notice that Jason Mamoa has barely said 2 words at all, and then he didnt speak english
                Last Movie Watched
                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                Life is Strange

Comment

Tyrion continues to be great. I like how he honestly speaks his mind even if the truth is brutal. His conversation with Jon was really well done.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                    Any1 notice that Jason Mamoa has barely said 2 words at all, and then he didnt speak english
                    Two episodes in & all he has said is no. All he does is stares, & grunts & has sex. I have to wonder how much his pay check is for this role lol

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
                      Two episodes in & all he has said is no. All he does is stares, & grunts & has sex. I have to wonder how much his pay check is for this role lol
                      I'd do all that for free.
                      sigpic

Comment

I kinda wish Arya would've just stabbed that little #@$!@&%.

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                        Yes. I still don't even know if he can speak English (or w/e they call it in the story)
                        || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                          Yes. I still don't even know if he can speak English (or w/e they call it in the story)
                          In the first episode, Denarys called it "the common tongue". Don't know if it has an actual in-universe name though.
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                            I kinda wish Arya would've just stabbed that little #@$!@&%.
                            As amusing as Arya stabbing Joffrey would've been, it would've created massive problems for the Starks.

Spoiler:
                            Joffrey will meet his just fate in another way.
                            sigpic

Comment

The show is getting better.

I think they've made up for that scene I complained about in the first episode (Jon Snow and Tyrion discussing being a bastard and dwarf, respectively) with the delivery of one of my favourite character's (the Dwarf) lines in this episode. (and the slapping. hehehe. I actually don't remember that from the book...was it in there?)

Oh, and I also loved how the Intro CG was slightly different: instead of lingering on Pentos, it went straight to the Dothraki Sea. Awesome.

Also, more footage of the 'samurai' Lannister armor. Kinda weird, IMHO. I guess I got used to the card game's depiction (most knights and soldiers had tabards, showing House heraldry, and mail, if memory serves).
                              Still, the stuff (i.e., armor and weapons) in the show are quite pretty.

As for the Wall: I can't wait to see more of it. I'm hoping for a shot from the top, looking down on both sides (north and south).
                              Heck, most of the locations look great (the godswood in Winterfell, for instance).
                              The show, as a whole, looks great.

Gah. I hope they're filming the next season already.
                              <--- really eager to see the rest of the Greyjoys, as well as the other Houses
                              Spoiler:
                              and which book do the Unsullied appear in? I'm curious about how they'd be depicted, too
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X