This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Directors for Season 2?

I know most of the attention is placed on the writers but I’m curious if they’ve hired any directors yet for Season 2? Directors make a big difference when it comes to the aesthetics of any given episode. How do they go about hiring directors anyways? Does anyone know?

apparently there in the process of hiring more writers and directors for both sg-1 and atlantis

Comment

If there’s any Powers That Be reading this I’d suggest the following directors:

Jefferson Kibbee
      David Solomon
      Allan Kroeker
      Levar Burton
      Les Landau

Comment

Originally posted by impulsivelad
        If there’s any Powers That Be reading this I’d suggest the following directors:

Jefferson Kibbee
        David Solomon
        Allan Kroeker
        Levar Burton
        Les Landau
        Sounds good to me.

Regarding your question about how they hire directors, I'm pretty sure it works just like it does with writers or actors; over an agent, who represents the specific director, and works out the deals.
        Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

I've just noticed that I neglected to mention any female directors on my wish list (sorry I don't mean to be sexist there's just many more male directors that I'm aware of):

Marita J. Grabiak (impressive resume)

Comment

That's true, there seem to be more male than female directors.

Roxann Dawson is pretty good too; and who knows, maybe Amanda Tapping wants to direct some more in the future.
            Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel John Grant
              That's true, there seem to be more male than female directors.

Roxann Dawson is pretty good too; and who knows, maybe Amanda Tapping wants to direct some more in the future.
              yeah, but she'll be to busy with season 9 and the baby

Comment

Don't forget, Peter Deluise and Martin Wood, Andy Makita they will all still Direct as well.

Comment

Yeah, but now they’ll be spread out over two shows. If they’re going to get help it might as well be good help.

Comment

Steven Furst maybe?(He played Vir in B5 and is a director)

Comment

Are the directors of Farscape in AUS? Cause having some of them do a few episodes might be cool. What about the writers?

Comment

Originally posted by impulsivelad
                        Are the directors of Farscape in AUS? Cause having some of them do a few episodes might be cool. What about the writers?
                        David Kemper wrote one of the best episodes for SG-1, in my opinion. If he were willing to write a script or two for Atlantis, I'd be all-ears. Unless he's busy working on new Farscape... heh, a 'Scaper never stops thinking of such things.
                        If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                          Steven Furst maybe?(He played Vir in B5 and is a director)
                          Oooh, good choice. . he did some good work on B5!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                            Oooh, good choice. . he did some good work on B5!
                            Any of the directors for Babylon 5 would bode well with me. Looking back on the show now that I've seen it all, I honestly can't think of more than five or six episodes I disliked.
                            If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor
                              David Kemper wrote one of the best episodes for SG-1, in my opinion.
                              Just outta intrest, which ep did he write?

Comment

Working...
                              X