This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

let MGM know we still care?

should we let MGM know we still want our SG1 and Atlantis movies? if you feel YES, go to MGM's twitter and facebook pages and *let them know*!
    sally

sigpic

They don't care if we care, they're only interested in whether they can make a profit. MGM is a business, and that's what businesses do, earn a profit. Now... if you really want to see a Stargate movie happen... write a professional script that could be filmed on a low budget. Get an agent. Try to get a meeting with someone at MGM. Try to sell your movie script as something that could make MGM a lot of profit. If you get there attention, maybe something will happen. Shy of this... well... good luck...

Comment

Well I plan to buy the SGA blu-ray box set. If that doesn't let them know I want a movie, nothing will.

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
      They don't care if we care, they're only interested in whether they can make a profit. MGM is a business, and that's what businesses do, earn a profit. Now... if you really want to see a Stargate movie happen... write a professional script that could be filmed on a low budget. Get an agent. Try to get a meeting with someone at MGM. Try to sell your movie script as something that could make MGM a lot of profit. If you get there attention, maybe something will happen. Shy of this... well... good luck...
      They should care if we care, because letting them know we want it could help in the decision process. It's just a matter of money, which unfortuntely MGM don't seem to have much of. If they can take a risk on a low budget movie, they'll see fans are still interested and there is profit to be made.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
        Well I plan to buy the SGA blu-ray box set. If that doesn't let them know I want a movie, nothing will.
        It lets them know that SGA Blu-ray sets sell well, that's all.

They should care if we care, because letting them know we want it will help generate profit. It's just a matter of money, which unfortuntely MGM don't seem to have much of.
        Some fans wanting to see the movie is irrelevant to MGM. Back in 2007 when MGM was doing relatively OK (to our knowledge) and SG-1 was in the spotlight, it made since to do a few movies. Now... SG-1 ended with the movies, Atlantis ended pretty conclusively (Atlantis returned to Earth), and Universe was a rating's disaster. Combine that with recovering from Chapter 11 bankruptcy, and tell us why MGM should care about funding future Stargate productions?

The only way MGM is even going to consider it is if it's pretty obvious that there will be a lot of profit to be made. I'd be willing to sit down and write a movie script myself. Maybe all MGM needs is someone new to look over Stargate?

Comment

i don't do facebook, but on twitter: @MGM_Studios

i nag them everyday.

but MORE PEOPLE would make a better impression.
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Internet nagging will be ignored. Physical letters are the way to go.

Comment

Internet nagging will be ignored. Physical letters are the way to go.
              They do look at the threads guys so positive karma is always good. We want our SG-1 and SGA movies soon!
              sigpic

Comment

I'm not talking Stargate production personal such as Brad Wright, writers, and actors. I'm talking about people at the studio who have the authority over whether productions happen or not. They are too busy to be bothered to check with a fansite based around one of many productions.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

i nag them everyday.

i will keep trying on twitter aswell
                  Originally posted by trupi View Post
                  They do look at the threads guys so positive karma is always good. We want our SG-1 and SGA movies soon!
                  indeed we do
                  sigpic
                  The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

i nag them everyday.

I have not taken the opportunity to tell you but I have seen your twitter messages to mgm; they are polite and very well stated. You have done a great job. As a fan I thank you.

*Just tried to green you, and I could not so I am sending green thoughts your way.

Comment

Originally posted by EdenSG View Post
                      I have not taken the opportunity to tell you but I have seen your twitter messages to mgm; they are polite and very well stated. You have done a great job. As a fan I thank you.
                      thank you. that means a 'lot' to me, coming from someone that's worked so hard for the movies (along with major davis and another person i'm afraid i can't remember the name of at this moment).

it's hard to let go of 'hope'. maybe if we let MGM know we still are interested, they might reconsider? but we need to do it in a LOT of voices.
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Some fans wanting to see the movie is irrelevant to MGM. Back in 2007 when MGM was doing relatively OK (to our knowledge) and SG-1 was in the spotlight, it made since to do a few movies. Now... SG-1 ended with the movies, Atlantis ended pretty conclusively (Atlantis returned to Earth), and Universe was a rating's disaster. Combine that with recovering from Chapter 11 bankruptcy, and tell us why MGM should care about funding future Stargate productions?

The only way MGM is even going to consider it is if it's pretty obvious that there will be a lot of profit to be made. I'd be willing to sit down and write a movie script myself. Maybe all MGM needs is someone new to look over Stargate?
                        Well considering MGM funded two SG1 movies based on the ratings, fan support and box set sales, and two several movie scripts already completed, I'm sure at one point MGM were interested in doing more stuff. I don't believe that people buying SG1 box sets limits MGM into thinking SG1 box sets are selling well, but that it shows there is still interest and potential in the franchise, or that people buying SGA on blu-ray makes them think SGA sells well. The scripts are done, the actors are willing, it's just MGM not willing to fund the damn things. That's understandable, they filed for Chapter 11 and are putting their money into guaranteed successes like The Hobbit duology and the next Bond film (I'd expect the Hobbit movies to generate 1 billion each with 3d ticket costs) but if they can give Josh Whedon 30 million to produce a horror film, remake Robocop, Poltergeist and Red Dawn, 8 million isn't too much to ask for a Stargate movie.

sigpic

Comment

Send them loads of tissue boxes saying "Thanks, send more please" (I'm pretty sure it's been done before)
                          Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Iirk, that's a bit too snarky.
                            MGM is interested in making money. That SGA will released as Blu-rays says a lot - also that there is still much interest in that show all over the net. Not only GW, SG is pretty much discussed, also on the network-sites who airs the shows, at facebook, twitter, etc. When SGA would not sell well MGM wouldn't release this box.

I agree with you about the profit. Sure, the people behind MGM would be fools not to want to make money. But it's not like it doesn't bothers them. When something won't be sold well they won't support it furthermore. If there's no interest out there it is a first sign that the sales will go down. If the sales go down the production will be cut and on some point stop. But with interest out there there is still a chance for the franchise and for any movie(s) to make. It's because produce new movies for a show that is well known and embraced by the people (casual viewers, fans, etc.) will double the chance of a profit.

It's true, there's a point of no return and the more time it needs to pre-produce one or more movies the faster this door will close. But for now ... *sighs* Let me give you an example:
                            Today I was on some network-sites to do a research and stumbled everywhere over requests about SGA-movie(s)/a 6th season. I really was surprised how much people joined the different forums and sites only to ask about a show that was cancelled two years ago. Okay, you can argue that this only was a small number of people that joined all these sites under different nicknames. I am not in the position to check that out, I only compared the nicknames and there weren't so much the same.

You see what I try to explain? Just the cancellation of SGU boosts SGA again. Sure, sites like SyFy are always well visited by SGA-fans but that today was really amazing to see and read.

And, if I can do this research, MGM can also do this - or can order a PR-company to check out the publicity all over the net/world. I don't think they will fall in the same trap once more, especially now. I'm pretty sure we will see something SG-related in a few years from now - and I for one really hope this related will base on SGA.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
                            Sig & Avi by Josi
                            sigpic
                            LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
                            I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem
                              considering we're trying to save SGU we should send condoms
                              LOL (I would green you but I can't, I don't come here often anymore so the last time I greened you was probably last year or something though...)

Though, I don't give a crap about SGU, I want the SG1/A movies.
                              Not that I hate the show, it's just I prefer SG1/A a lot more, if the Destiny exploded I wouldn't really care tbh. I'm not attached to the characters the way I am with SG1/A (not trying to turn this into SGU vs SG1/A, just my opinion)
                              Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Working...
                              X