The TJ flashbacks and original plot for "The Hunt"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The TJ flashbacks and original plot for "The Hunt"

I'm sure many of you have seen this already, but Joseph Mallozzi, in a recent blog post, provided us with the full scripts for the flashback scenes detailing TJ's past that were cut from "The Hunt". In terms of structure and style, they are very similar to Geer's flashbacks in "Lost", but it's just nice to explore her past a little; a lot more information regarding her decision to join the air force is given, along with why she didn't go to medical school.

Link

Mallozzi also gives us the original plot idea for the episode, which was based around TJ being trapped off-world in some kind of extreme weather situation, including sand and lightning storms. Personally, I feel that this would have been far more interesting that the animal hunt, as that story has been done to death.

Thoughts?

Originally posted by Mr Evil 37 View Post
    Thoughts?
    Would've preferred TJ flashbacks over every other storyline that took place in the episode. Her backstory episode has been long overdue, and I got really excited hearing there's something coming in the second half of season 2. But then those scenes got cut. There was still hope to see 'em in season 3, but now we all know that's not going to happen.
    sigpic

Comment

I really like those, I wish they had left them in.
      I also like the original plot of the episode better than the real one, but I understand why they didn't use that one.
      Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
      ---
      sigpic

Comment

It would have cost much more and been more difficult to shoot, but I think it would have been more in keeping with SGU's storytelling style; many episodes have featured the crew fighting for survival against some natural force on an alien planet. "The Hunt" felt too much like an SG1/Atlantis episode.

Comment

Yes the Flashbacks would have been better imo.

Comment

Working...
          X