Ancient Language Class On Destiny?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancient Language Class On Destiny?

If you stuck on Destiny full with the Ancient written language around the ship and in your team there is one or two people know how to read and write them, would you take any effort to make the rest of your team learn the written language?

I think there using translation programs to help those who cannot read the writing.

Comment

yeah, i think it is being translated for them. but i imagine they are all starting to pick some of it up.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
        yeah, i think it is being translated for them. but i imagine they are all starting to pick some of it up.
        Indeed. I think there was a recent mention of Park installing a translation program for TJ, so that she could figure out the medical database.
        sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Originally posted by Trinary View Post
          If you stuck on Destiny full with the Ancient written language around the ship and in your team there is one or two people know how to read and write them, would you take any effort to make the rest of your team learn the written language?
          You would have thought that to be a member of the team they would have already done that back on icarus..
          BUT yes, i do think that Ancient 101, 102, 103 classes would be great things to do on the ship.

Comment

Ya if you immerse yourself in a language all day everyday you'd pick it up fairly quickly Id imagine....
            I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

After over a year aboard of destiny, there must be a huge database that enough for everybody who has skills in each of their field. They would be advanced enough when each of them could read the Ancient's.

For instance, by now someone has made Ancient techs weapon or a stun gun to replace their military weapons which is should run out of bullets after a year or so. Probably, a holo-library for them to learn things faster with visual aided projection. You could say they should evolve into a small SG Atlantis alike community.

Comment

Doubt it on the weapon. Closest we have seen is that flamer that greer made.

Comment

The ancient language to me is kinda bogus. Supposedly Latin stemmed from it. So this whole block letter thing, that looks nothing like Latin letters, for one... could never been written very properly. It wouldn't have taken that form written. I mean, it is kinda like chinese, but classic chinese is so detailed in their brush strokes that it wasn't a language for every yahoo to know.

They made up characters long ago in season 1 and now they are so important. But, I mean, come on, I'm not the only one who noticed how bogus the Ancients' letters are am I?

That being said, sometimes it looks kinda cool. And I have no problem with it really.
                  Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

Working...
                  X