Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A tenner says that the stasis pods are put to use by the end of the season..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A tenner says that the stasis pods are put to use by the end of the season..

Possible in the season finale, though maybe in another episode
    I dunno what to put in here now..

Spoiler:
    Possible Major Spoilers
    Spoiler:
    I've heard that they will use them

Comment

Assuming the spoilers are true:

Spoiler:
      The final scene of the series will be the crew going into stasis.

Comment

Technically, they have been put to use, just unintentionally.

Comment

I agree that they will be used at the end of the season seeing as how the show has been cancelled, the question now will be Why? and under what circumstances.
          Maybe the next galaxy is so far away that they will not have enough supplies for the whole crew to get them there. There could be any number of reasons though.

Comment

Spoiler:
            They go into stasis, because the drones actually pick up life signs, not energy signatures. The stasis pods reduce life signs enough so they are not detected. The drones are in mass numbers and control a large portion of the galaxy Destiny is in. This is why the Urisini had the pods.
            sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
              I doubt that, unless the Ursini went into hibernation or something when they made the seed ship go dark to avoid the drones.

Comment

Why are you guys putting spoiler tags around pure speculation?

Yes, I'd bet a lot that the pods will be used again. I'm hoping that we'll find someone who's been using it the past thousand years or so, but I have a gut feeling it wouldn't be anyone interesting anyway. Even if it were one of them in a time paradox, right? Been there done that sort of thing (see what I did there).

Comment

Originally posted by Python View Post
                  Why are you guys putting spoiler tags around pure speculation?
                  Indeed...

I was thinking that the final scenes of season 2 may be them in stasis pods.. which could work nicely... they could jump the whole stargate universe (i.e. entire franchise, not the show) ahead by a year or 2 in the blink of an eye (maybe they run outta power on the edge of a solar system and have to drift into a star) and when they reconnect to earth some major **** has went down and it's revealed what that is leading upto the mid season finale which is a 2 hour special serving as a backdoor pilot for another stargate show which will truely take the show back to its roots centered around a relatively devistated earth in the aftermath of an alien attack, where the 304's are destroyed as have the ship yards, most of the big brains are dead.. Atlantis once again stranded in pegasus.. maybe both Carter and McKay with them in the midst of a war between the asgard and the wraith. The new show would center around a group of teams from earth using the stargate to contact their allies and previous worlds in the midst of the alien attack which has devistated not just earth but the entire galaxy, the show would feature a overarching style similar to SGU but with a smack of episodic as each episode would feature them travelling to a planet and uncovering part of the mystery that now threatens the entire galaxy.

............................... Im telling ya if I was a billionaire.. the stargate franchise would be a different place..... Id keep making it regardless of ratings

Comment

likely season finale:

Destiny leaves for the next galactic cluster/galaxy dozens and dozens of millions of lightyears away. since it barely crossed a few million lightyears last time, Destiny again will fall short, forcing it to drift the last bit. since this bit is still a long, long time, the crew goes into stasis. meanwhile, Gynn and Perry are put back in command of the ship to make sure they wake up once there

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                      likely season finale:

Destiny leaves for the next galactic cluster/galaxy dozens and dozens of millions of lightyears away. since it barely crossed a few million lightyears last time, Destiny again will fall short, forcing it to drift the last bit. since this bit is still a long, long time, the crew goes into stasis. meanwhile, Gynn and Perry are put back in command of the ship to make sure they wake up once there
                      Ya that sounds good, though it doesn't have the "OMFG EVERYONES GOING TO DIE IN THE MOST AWESOME WAY EVERY" factor

Comment

Not immediately. BUT with all the damaged systems, who is to say they all make it!

Comment

Well since its cancelled I guess the crew of the destiny don't make it, Destiny runs out of power and the crew all die

Wow.. this show is darker then the other stargates..

Comment

Working...
                          X