Pax Romana (311)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    technically it's magma, not lava. Lava is outside the volcano, magma is under the earth.

Nitpicky and I apologize, but....however, whatever it's called that is a valid plot point. how did magnus get that laser outside her shield without scorching herself, and how did it cut through something so thick as to withstand immersion in magma..and how did that bug get in Kanaan in the first place?
    Ranna mentioned that they had tried all those treatments for him "before he went deeper" and that now the nanites wouldn't work where he was. So obviously he moves... is he a like a magma shark? I thought he vaguely resembled a nurse shark, minus most of the fins. Anyway, what I really want to know is what the boy eats. What survives in the magma? I am assuming he eats what's in there as if the magma was his ocean. If the predatory little parasite did go in through his mouth, you'd think a tooth or two would have gotten it. But, if it burrowed in on his back, you'd think we'd see the entry point. Yeah, I'm no help on this one.

As for their shields, I assumed it was part of the black suits they were wearing - I never did see a shimmering or whatever. I wondered how their hands and ears weren't scorched, but figured it was like when Tesla put himself and Helen into one to avoid blowing up the Sanctuary - just the shield being connected to their bodies was enough. As the laser is really only light, and they can see through the shield, I can easily buy the laser going through the shield.
    Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
    Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

you do see a bit of shimmer, just before they see kanaan, them activating the shield, then it's invisible (a cost saving measure i'm sure)
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

What a comeback! One of the best episodes to me. I do hope we'll see the new characters again soon because I found the relationship between Helen and the other woman very interesting and I'd like to see it evolve. I was glad that Helen found her father too but kind of disappointed by his decision not to come back with his daughter, though I expected it and understand his reasons.
        sigpic

Comment

^While I feel sorry for Helen not having her dad around, for the show I'm glad he's only an occasional character. It's Helen's Sanctuary now.

Comment

What do you guys think will happen to fallon after this little incident?

Comment

temporary death? Til someone revives her.
              sigpic
              Mourning Sanctuary.
              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Here's something I keep forgetting to ask: what do you think Henry did to obtain the DNA sample he needed to hack the classified files? 'Cause he tells Will, "Don't ask." Up to our imaginations, eh?
                Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
                Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

^I don't get with their little jokes... are they implying Henry did something sexual?
                  Originally posted by charles582 View Post
                  What do you guys think will happen to fallon after this little incident?
                  Who knows, but isn't she returning in e20?

Comment

I heard ranna mention that helen had injured three of the guards near the beginning of the episode. Did anyone see that happen? I don't recall seeing that?

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                      All I can say is.... wow, with a side order of brilliant and awesome for take out.

This episode had everything, great story, interesting characters and it was very smart and clever. I think this was a solid episode all around, it was well worth the wait, I loved Helen and Ranna's scenes together, they had some good chemistry, and I loved their "Bloody hell" line together. As well as the wink Helen gave back to her dad.

I loved seeing Henry geek out over the tech in the rooms, and how Helen asked Kate to "keep a lid on him" One thing I really liked was how Will and the others kept worrying about Helen getting cured, and wouldn't work with Ranna until she got help, like that, it shows a good team. And Ranna had the cure for Helen in her hand. I love the scenes with Helen and her dad they were sweet, and it was nice to see Helen so happy. I knew that weird eye looking girl was bad, and I was hoping for her to get caught.

Since Breach, I've wanted to see Adam die, and I'm sure he did, but it would have been nice to see it. When I saw John covered in blood, I was like " Man, he is maaaaad!" Overall it was a great episode, and it was well worth the wait. As always, I'll review more in my replies.
                      Loved a lot of the same things you did in this episode. There was one thing I don't think anyone else mentioned and I'm rather surprised that no one brought up. There were obviously many parallels between Helen and Ranna: both strong women, leaders, belief in harmony between humans and abnormals (their leadership roles are very similar - keeping the balance between the two worlds), intelligent, and compassionate (I got the sense that Ranna would have helped Gregory if he had explained the situation rather than simply breaking the rules to get a message to Will for Helen). One more similarity between the ladies - THE GUN BUM! When the geothermal tremor occurs and Helen disarms Fallon and points the weapon at Ranna, RANNA SUDDENLY HAS A WEAPON AS WELL! She had been empty-handed moments before and I don't think was close enough to the desk to have grabbed it from there. I THINK RANNA HAS A GUN BUM, TOO!!! Anyway, I loved that moment!

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                      This is one of the reasons why I do hope Adam is really dead. I think the show has handled Adam fairly well so far, he was shown to be outsmarting the city's defenses and had hidden allies to help him. Out of the Sanctuary team it was really only Will who kept trying to reason with him I thought, which I think makes sense for the character since he doesn't have the perspective Helen and Druitt have and was more likely to see the victim in Adam.

But by the end of this episode, I see no reason why Druitt of all people wouldn't just kill Adam outright and be done with him, esp after what he did to Helen. I suppose if his minions found his body they could bring him back to life again, but that would feel like too much of a reset to me.
                      John threatens Adam with using him "to redefine suffering" when he escapes. I'm not sure whether Adam is still alive, but I have to believe that John kept his promise and made Adam suffer immensely. How long would John want to torture Adam? When John was still at Adam's mercy, he was told that Helen and her team were dead. I was thinking that John may not have even found out that they were revived when he got free and sought revenge on Adam. But then, why leave the message "All debts are paid in full. - John" unless it was a message to Helen? I would think Adam would tell John she had been revived if John was torturing him. And Adam would have known that from his spy Fallon.

Of course, I am totally curious to know what John did to Adam.
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Did Helen and Ranna discuss the map or key to Hollow Earth at all? Such as any additional information they may have gleaned from the map?

Comment

In the episode description, They say ranna has a hidden agenda. Anybody figure out what that is?

Comment

1. The hidden agenda was 'officially' killing the Sancturary team only to revive them later on to get more intel.

2. Wasn't sure quite what Fallon's counterpart was meant to be, it seemed as though Helen recognised her.

3. Wasn't expecting to see Gregory again.

4. Yeah, Helen's cure seemed a bit of a footnote.

5. Hopefully that's the last we see of Adam.

Solid enough.
                            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
                              [...]
                              2. Wasn't sure quite what Fallon's counterpart was meant to be, it seemed as though Helen recognised her.
                              [...]
                              Magnus recognized the species.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I adore Jim Byrnes. I loved him in Highlander and he's a fabulous singer.

But he's wrong as Magnus' father. He cannot do the accent and he just does not look right.
                                Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Working...
                                X