Fanfic Writers' Virtual Water Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
    The team I write about is mostly female...
    With 1 male team member...

But I'm following a suggestion from SF&C and introducing the team in a SG-1 based fic.
    Yay! I look forward to reading this! *does happydance of anticipation*

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
    Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
    sigpic
    now also appearing on DeviantArt
    Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
      Yay! I look forward to reading this! *does happydance of anticipation*
      Would you like to 'Beta' read it SF&C?
      "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
      Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
      Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
      Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
      I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
      To thy own self... Be true
      May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
        Would you like to 'Beta' read it SF&C?
        Of course. I rather thought that offer was implied, as I made it a while ago. Just send it along when it's ready; I'm looking forward to it.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
        Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
        sigpic
        now also appearing on DeviantArt
        Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Ok. Sorry I had my work brain 'on'.
          I will send it along once I've written it.
          "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
          Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
          Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
          Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
          I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
          To thy own self... Be true
          May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

I finally finished typing up Manhood. A few basic edits and you guys can shred it (or ignore it)
            Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

I'm having something of a mid chapter crisis with a fic that I'm working on. Basically, my fic involves the Ancients and their war against The Wraith. The problem that I'm having is to do with Lantean naming conventions for organisations; for military I've gone with Latin names for those organisations (Venators for Special Forces, Custos for Army/Marines, Classis for Fleet/Navy) but when I come to write the Lantean Intelligence Organisations it doesn't look right to call them by Latin names but at the same time to use names such as Section: 0, Section 1 etc doesn't look very Ancient-y to me. What do you guys think? Latin/Greek/possibly Etruscan names or bland English name?
              sigpic
              Made by Aragon101

Spoiler:
              Episode III: Phantasm.
              "Shadows are patient, shadows just wait...'til they cover the occeans, the cities...the whole of the world. Shadows always win."

Comment

Originally posted by Lantean General View Post
                I'm having something of a mid chapter crisis with a fic that I'm working on. Basically, my fic involves the Ancients and their war against The Wraith. The problem that I'm having is to do with Lantean naming conventions for organisations; for military I've gone with Latin names for those organisations (Venators for Special Forces, Custos for Army/Marines, Classis for Fleet/Navy) but when I come to write the Lantean Intelligence Organisations it doesn't look right to call them by Latin names but at the same time to use names such as Section: 0, Section 1 etc doesn't look very Ancient-y to me. What do you guys think? Latin/Greek/possibly Etruscan names or bland English name?
                Try going with with short phrases, species names, and Gods/Goddesses?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

An idea: you could look at names the Roman Catholics use for their various strata of the church. They would be in Latin and look very official.
                  Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

I like that, particularly fitting considering how I imagine the Lantean Internal Affairs to work alot like a high tech inquisition...without the (overt) torture offcourse.
                    sigpic
                    Made by Aragon101

Spoiler:
                    Episode III: Phantasm.
                    "Shadows are patient, shadows just wait...'til they cover the occeans, the cities...the whole of the world. Shadows always win."

Comment

I had not thought of that aspect , but I was glad to help.
                      Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

What spam filter delay? When did this happen?

must have missed something important while my net was down.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithRichard View Post
                          What spam filter delay? When did this happen?

must have missed something important while my net was down.
                          It's for new users. I can't post until sometime around 8:00 GMT, which I find annoying, since I signed up with something to post already. If you are already a user I don't think you'll ever see it. (Also I made that up - too much Stargate, you have to name things!)
                          Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
                          Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

Originally posted by Feast of the Muse View Post
                            It's for new users. I can't post until sometime around 8:00 GMT, which I find annoying, since I signed up with something to post already. If you are already a user I don't think you'll ever see it. (Also I made that up - too much Stargate, you have to name things!)
                            Why can't you post? You have more rep and posts than I do.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithRichard View Post
                              Why can't you post? You have more rep and posts than I do.
                              On fanfiction.net, dear. Sorry, I thought I had made that clear. Hey folks, the spam filter delay thing is on the ff net, not here! [/PSA]
                              Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
                              Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

Originally posted by Feast of the Muse View Post
                                On fanfiction.net, dear. Sorry, I thought I had made that clear. Hey folks, the spam filter delay thing is on the ff net, not here! [/PSA]
                                Oh. Sorry. I keep missing valuable words, no matter how man posts I read. Dumb brain.

I don't wee why they would, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X