• Time
  • Show
Clear All

So like a Round Robin?
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Choo1701 View Post
      keep trying, and you'll come up with some. (Some more awesome than others!) Should see the amount of paper i've recycled just trying to get Hallowed Turf sorted. And i havn't even finished (or begun!)
      Maybe I'll get some after posting Burn it all Away here or when I finish Manhood. I don' want to go back and fix Measure of a Man (I'll probably scrap that).

Or maybe the Stargate podcasts I want to make will help.
      Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        So like a Round Robin?
        Kind of, yeah.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
        Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
        sigpic
        now also appearing on DeviantArt
        Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Round robins are all kinds of fun, but from what I understand (and I think I get the difference) is that RR's don't really have rules and plotlines while the chain novel does have a set guideline that needs to be followed.

My sister and I started a RR once - a Pegasus fairytale - we never finished it.

Comment

I'm not much for round robins or chain stories. Writing a story in partnership with another writer is something I can see doing, though, and so is writing individual stories in a universe shared with another writer or writers. In fact, that's something I'm exploring right now, with people from GW.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
            Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic
            Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

As I mentioned in another thread I found chain stories led by more experienced writers a good way to learn the craft. They took care of the plot and handed out writing assignments to the newer authors.

After a few of those, I moved onto collaborative stories and finally wrote on my own. I was very shy about writing and this helped me get started.
              Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

My sister and I are on pretty much the same wavelength so that helps... but otherwise I'm not much for group writing... I'll stick to being a solo writer.

Comment

My sister and I are on pretty much the same wavelength so that helps... but otherwise I'm not much for group writing... I'll stick to being a solo writer.
                  I like people who can help me organize or correct me of goofs, but other than that, I don't like to share either.

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

So, you're chugging along on a major project, and it's going well. You have ideas mapped out for a multi-story series based on your current project, and then suddenly one of the plot bunnies connected with that series grows teeth and an attitude, and refuses to let you get back to the original project (of which you have, thankfully, several chapters written in advance) until you have satisfied said bunny.

Does this happen often to you, too?

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                    Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

It happens to me a lot. Dang bunnies need to get in line.

And here thought no one was on at (my) midnight.

Comment

At least he doesn't wake you up at 4am because he's no longer tired.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee
                          circadian rhythm
                          I need to get me one of those someday.

Comment

Bunnies rarely act rabid inside my head - now as far characters completely taking over the plot and go their merry way... plenty of times. I've written more fic than I care to admit where the ending is not exactly how I envisioned it, nor the middle.

Comment

Bunnies rarely act rabid inside my head - now as far characters completely taking over the plot and go their merry way... plenty of times. I've written more fic than I care to admit where the ending is not exactly how I envisioned it, nor the middle.
                              Oh, same here. Half the time I wind up feeling as though all of the story is really taking place in some alternate universe somewhere, and the characters are just telling me their stories so I can write them down. Sort of, "Here, I want my story told; this is what happened..."

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                              Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

And the more you resist, the worse it gets.

Comment

Working...
                                X