This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where would you have ended SG-1?

Picking a season finale that didn't end on a cliffhanger or one of the two movies, where would you have ended SG-1? Candidates are...

5-22 "Revelations"
    6-22 "Full Circle"
    7-21 "Lost City"
    8-20 "Moebius, Part 2"
    10-20 "Unending"
    The Ark of Truth
    Continuum

I'm presenting "Lost City" as one episode, because that's how it's presented on DVD. I've never seen it as a two-parter. By the way, can someone add a poll? Thanks.

Continuum, report your post to the mods and ask for a poll and it shall be done.

Comment

'lost city'

awesome ep that had everything i love about the series!
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Probably Moebius end of season 8. In O'Neill's own words from 200, "everything after that would just seem pointless."
        Last edited by D Toccs; 13 April 2011, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Full Circle.

The writing went downhill after that. It got a little better after RDA left but not as good as the first 6 seasons
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

I wouldn't have ended it
            sigpic

Comment

Mobieus. The series was never as good after RDA left.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                'lost city'

awesome ep that had everything i love about the series!
                Totally agree! In the imortal words of I forget their name at the moment, 'After that, everything else would seem.... pointless'.
                sigpic
                Sig made by TheSamster123 and can be found at fanPop!

Comment

continuum, it ends the baal storyline, which is the only cliffhanger left after ark of truth.
                  sigpic

Comment

I think the show AS SG-1 should have ended on Threads. I would have been happy with an 18-episode final season if that had been the end.

I'm a big fan of Seasons 9 and 10, but I absolutely think they should have been able to go ahead with renaming the show "Stargate Command". Maybe then it would have received the extra seasons it deserved.
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                      I wouldn't have ended it
                      *high fives*

Comment

Hard to decide. I really enjoyed season 9 & 10 but wasn't a big fan of how the storyline was wrapped up. It could easily of went on.

The end of season 8 would of made a perfect ending to the series though. It wrapped up the main arcs and ended on a nice fishing scene. I think that was originally intended to be the end before they were picked up for a season 9.

Comment

I guess I would go with Continuum.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Seeing as the Ori storyline only lasted 2 seasons and a movie I would have ended it at Moebius. If it had got a few more seasons after 10 then I would have let it gone on.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                              I think the show AS SG-1 should have ended on Threads. I would have been happy with an 18-episode final season if that had been the end.
                              I'm asking which season finale, not just any episode. Why "Threads," why not "Moebius, Part 2?"

I'm a big fan of Seasons 9 and 10, but I absolutely think they should have been able to go ahead with renaming the show "Stargate Command". Maybe then it would have received the extra seasons it deserved.
                              It still would have been cancelled. SGC would have been identical to SG-1 except for the name, so why bother? It still would have been too expensive to produce which is why SciFi cancelled the show.

Comment

Working...
                              X