This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samantha Carter vs. Helen Magnus

Which Amanda Tapping role do you prefer, Samantha Carter or Helen Magnus? If you don't know who Helen Magnus is, it's the character she plays on Sanctuary.

Though she's played Carter for far longer, I really love her Sanctuary role. It's really different, plus a dig monster stories. Sanctuary, to me, is like a monster movie of the week played out as an ongoing TV series. Amanda Tapping's "Helen Magnus" is just awesome as this abnormal expert. It's hard for me to choose. I think I'm going to say Carter, simply because I like Stargate (overall) more than Sanctuary.

I like her Sanctuary role as Helen Magnus more

Comment

sam carter.

not only is she super cool (and has the guy i want ), she's also living the fantasy life i'd love to have.

sally

sigpic

Comment

Considering I never really liked Carter, but totally love Magnus... Magnus of course.

Magnus is a far more interesting character than Carter could ever hope to be.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I have never watched Sanctuary before, it's on the Syfy channel over here just never got around to watching it.
          What is like/about & is it worth watching?

Last edited by gashead; 05 May 2011, 08:54 AM.

Comment

I turned Sanctuary off half way through the second episode because I couldn't stand that daft accent any longer. So Carter :/

Comment

I can't believe people stop watching a show just because they can't stand one character's accent

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                I can't believe people stop watching a show just because they can't stand one character's accent
                If you're British, you might understand how bad her accent is. I still watch Sanctuary and enjoy it, but her accent is truly dreadful at times.

Comment

The accent is cringeworthy at times, but I'm not British so I guess it doesn't bother me all that much.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

i pick sam
                    sigpic
                    The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                      If you're British, you might understand how bad her accent is. I still watch Sanctuary and enjoy it, but her accent is truly dreadful at times.
                      Well I'm British, and the accent sounds okay to me. It took a few episodes to get used to it, as I was so used to hearing Amanda's accent in Stargate. Once I got into the character of Helen I didn't notice the accent.
                      sigpic

Comment

I honestly like Magnus better. Carter was great but I think Magnus has much more depth.

Comment

Carina Sayles

Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Isnt she from Essex? If only she spoke like that
                            sigpic

Comment

Just wait till you hear my accent

More seriously and on topic, definitely Sam Carter.

I like Sanctuary and I enjoy Magnus' character but man, there's so much they can do with her and for some reason they choose not to. Shame.

Carter, otoh, is such a wonderfully well-rounded and developed character with so much depth. She's a brillaint scientist, soldier, commander, friend and woman and even though she strayed into super! category a few times (not more than Daniel though) professionaly, she managed to remain human and fallible. She's strong, selfassured and yet vulnerable and I will always love her for that. She's definitely my all time fave female character in general.
                              There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                              sigpic
                              awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Working...
                              X