Finally!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally!

Ive been waiting for this all season! A proper stargate episode exploring a planet.. and it was a good one.. Id love to see more SGU like this, episodes that are once off stories in their own right but still include quite a lot of the plot from previous episodes.. Loved it
    I dunno what to put in here now..

indeed

Comment

I wasn't impressed with yet another forest. To be honest, I'd rather have less and unique planets than often and all forest-y ones.
      sigpic

Comment

Well foresty ones are the easiest for them to do given that the production team is in vancouver.

However for an in show explanation it still makes sense. The Seed ships deposit stargates it seems on planets that have something to offer the crew. Whether that be, the sand planet that offered a replacement for the CO2 Scrubbers, the methane rich atmosphere planet which offered plenty of water or planets with plenty of vegetation on them to provide food.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I'd wish they used colour filters or something. Make as if there's a blue giant for a sun or something, making it more alien than your standard green forest .

Comment

Originally posted by blazingfire View Post
            I'd wish they used colour filters or something. Make as if there's a blue giant for a sun or something, making it more alien than your standard green forest .
            Maybe
            Spoiler:
            in "Common Descent", eh.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
              Well foresty ones are the easiest for them to do given that the production team is in vancouver.
              Ah yes, the good old Vancouver Pine forest Surprisingly, I rather liked it in this episode.
              sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

I would much rather have more interesting planets and have fewer of them than just have a forest every episode; I thought we left that behind in SG-1 and Atlantis. If you want one-off planet exploration episodes, watch those series.

Also, don't you remember "Malice"? Or "Cloverdale"? Or even "Aftermath"? They all had the main story revolving around planet exploration.

Comment

I don't like planet of the week style eps doesn't suite SGU.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
                    I don't like planet of the week style eps doesn't suite SGU.
                    sure it does

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil 37 View Post
                      I would much rather have more interesting planets and have fewer of them than just have a forest every episode; I thought we left that behind in SG-1 and Atlantis. If you want one-off planet exploration episodes, watch those series.

Also, don't you remember "Malice"? Or "Cloverdale"? Or even "Aftermath"? They all had the main story revolving around planet exploration.
                      The way its going at the moment is that they are doing boring planets, infrequently..

Malice and aftermath had nothing to do with exploring the planet really.. and cloverdale.. ya I liked that but that episode and it was planet of the weekish though it was largely focused on scotts halluncination and all the wedding schtuff.

Maybe Im old fashioned but I think my stargate shows should feature the use of the stargate regularly...

Comment

I think that "Malice" and "Aftermath"-type planet episodes suit SGU far better than "The Hunt." If you had replaced the characters with Atlantis characters (and replaced the Destiny set with the Atlantis set, it could easily have been an episode of that show, whereas "Malice" really couldn't.

What about episodes like "Air 3", "Water", "Time", "Faith", "Human" and "Lost"? Would you count those as your kind of episodes? Just wondering because you said that there hadn't been any of those sorts of episodes this season.

And sorry, but how are the planets in SGU boring? The planets in SG-1 and Atlantis were boring; they were Canadian forests 99% of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil 37 View Post
                          I think that "Malice" and "Aftermath"-type planet episodes suit SGU far better than "The Hunt." If you had replaced the characters with Atlantis characters (and replaced the Destiny set with the Atlantis set, it could easily have been an episode of that show, whereas "Malice" really couldn't.

What about episodes like "Air 3", "Water", "Time", "Faith", "Human" and "Lost"? Would you count those as your kind of episodes? Just wondering because you said that there hadn't been any of those sorts of episodes this season.

And sorry, but how are the planets in SGU boring? The planets in SG-1 and Atlantis were boring; they were Canadian forests 99% of the time.
                          You could also replace the hunt with anyone from SG1, or pretty much any sci-fi show that involves exploring planets.
                          And ya I enjoyed all of those episodes.. my point is that since the show is Stargate I feel that the use of the stargate should be key to most episodes, and in season 2 we have bearly seen the stargate being used at all... and sure canadian forests can get boring all the time, but similarly so does the inside of the ship with no use of the stargate the whole time, I just think that the writers have completely forgot about the surviving aspect of the show that in season 1 made for a few great episodes that anyone, fan or not could sit down and watch. I mean the writers could have thrown in 2 or 3 episodes this season where it was a secondary plot was exploring a planet ya know for food, or maybe for something that produces antibiotics to treat greers infection in his wound but come across some obstacle.. to make the planet seem different they could just throw a blue filter on the camera.

and the planets from SG1 and Atl were a bit boring, but its not neccessarily about the setting I think, its more about the story and if the story is good then it doesn't matter if its a canadian forest or the forsts of pandora

Comment

The premise of the show is that they are trapped on a space ship not that they use the stargate. Yet they still use the gate so whats the big deal?

Comment

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
                              The premise of the show is that they are trapped on a space ship not that they use the stargate. Yet they still use the gate so whats the big deal?
                              The premise is more about survival.. Trapped on a ship with the stargate as their only means of survival..

Comment

Working...
                              X