Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tron 3 -- discussion/speculation/spoilers

http://www.assignmentx.com/2011/excl...-3-tr3n-plans/

While chatting with TRON: LEGACY director Joseph Kosinski today regarding the TRON: LEGACY DVD and Blu-ray release arriving this Tuesday, April 5, the director spoke to ASSIGNMENT X about the status of the next sequel TRON 3 (aka TR3N).

“We’re working on the story right now,” Kosinski tells AX. “Once we get a script we’re all really happy with, we’ll take it to the powers that be and see if we can go back to the grid.”

As for the storyline, Kosinski says the film will continue the adventures of Sam Flynn (Garrett Hedlund)

“I think we will pick with where TRON: LEGACY left off with Quorra [Olivia Wilde] in the real world and what does that mean and the possibilities it opens up for the next chapter. It’s that relationship between the two of them that’s the next step.”

Also, the son of Dillinger (who makes a brief appearance in the beginning of TRON: LEGACYand played by an uncredited Cillian Murphy) could potentially play a bigger role too.

“Dillinger [David Warner] was a really important part of the first film and felt like an easy way to continue that storyline and thread to have his son in the new movie, ” says Kosinski. ” That way you have people ask those questions of what the Dillinger legacy is in the world of TRON. We didn’t want to ignore it completely and it leaves a really nice springboard for some intertwining development for the next film.”

As for coming aboard officially as a director for TRON 3, Kosinski says he’s game, but it all comes down to what project happens first for the director (he currently is scheduled to direct the Disney reboot of THE BLACK HOLE and OBLIVION which is currently shopping for a new studio).

“That’s my intent,” says Kosinski. “We’re developing it now. It’s all about getting a script and story and making sure we can get the same team back together.”
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

I hope Daft Punk will also be in charge of the soundtrack for the next Tron movie.
    sigpic

Comment

YES! We can hope!
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Wat can they do with tron? Legacy pretty much resolved Jeff Bridges storyline, unless BB returns
        Last Movie Watched
        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
        Life is Strange

Comment

Quorra and the importance of the ISOs? Sam Flynn vs. Son of Dillinger? There's possibilities

Comment

Yay!

Comment

Bruce Boxleitner needs to return, as Tron was wasted in the second. I still expect Jeff to be around and it would be cool if they could get Lora/Yori back as well.

sigpic

Comment

i'd stare at a screen of olivia wilde for 2 hours and be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by morbo View Post

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    Quorra and the importance of the ISOs? Sam Flynn vs. Son of Dillinger? There's possibilities
                    I guess i wouldnt mind learning of the importance of the ISO's

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                    Bruce Boxleitner needs to return, as Tron was wasted in the second. I still expect Jeff to be around and it would be cool if they could get Lora/Yori back as well.
                    Yes BB has to return, however i thought he was pretty good in legacy, kicked ass at the start anyway
                    Last Movie Watched
                    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                    Life is Strange

Comment

tbh it wouldn't surprise me if K Flynn came back as a 'ghost in the machine', he built it so its probably infused with his personality or some such cliche....... who cares! more bikes/discs/jets/Olivia Wilde in tight, tight clothes with glowy tats = awesomeness
                      sigpic
                      EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
                      -Liberty Prime

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
                        Yes.

Comment

My son is terrible. He gets his friends into all sorts of stuff. Sam now likes Doctor Who. Liam now likes Merlin. And now Liam has entered the World of Tron. My son showed him the Daft Punk music video which got his interest. Liam has never see Tron before. Well now he's seen Legacy and now wants to watch the classic Tron. I overheard him when he called his mom to ask if he could stay longer to finish the movie Tron. Then he tried to explain to her what Tron is. Makes me wonder what some parents who aren't into sci-fi/fantasy think of me.
                          Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Just saw Tron Legacy on blu-ray and loved it (again). I really enjoyed the Flynn Lives segment on the special features. Was great to see them getting the original actor for RAM back for it (playing his real world counterpart, not the RAM character), now just have to hope they can get Lori to return.

Believe that Flynn will definitely be back, as will Tron.

--

The animated preview looked very interesting, so curious to see if they'll just do it as a Tron1-2 bridge or if they'll use it to expand on the events of the movie or at least towards something that may fit in the third.

sigpic

Comment

So I am reviving this thread to point out that Disney has killed off any plans for Tron 3.

But here is where you can sign a petition to try to save the project.

https://www.change.org/p/walt-disney-revive-tron-3

I mean honestly, who doesn't want to hear what Daft Punk might come up with for that soundtrack.

Comment

Working...
                              X