Why did rush freeze brody ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nemises View Post
    to get some 'real' data or teach eli a lesson ?

so which one is it
    Knowing rush, BOTH.. 1 To get data on whether the pods work, and 2, to show them 'being conservative is good at times.

Comment

Being conservative is never good!

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
        Being conservative is never good!
        Its better than being wasteful
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Nemises View Post
          to get some 'real' data or teach eli a lesson ?

so which one is it
          Both.

regards,
          G.
          Go for Marty...

Comment

Rush definitely did it for both reasons IMO.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

In addition to what was said about him teaching Eli a lesson I think he also wanted to see how Eli would react to the situation.

Would he own up to what he'd done and come ask Rush for help, or would he try to hide it from him instead.

He was testing to see if Eli was actually capable of deliberately defying him and going behind his back, then lying about it when asked. He found out that he was, so he'll be watching him much more closely now I'd imagine.

Comment

It was a very good way for Rush to teach Eli a lesson, because there was always a risk that Eli would challenge Rush with time. Specially, since Eli keeps hearing that he is this math genius quite often, and that can make Eli over confident, to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Furliciousy2k9 View Post
                  It was a very good way for Rush to teach Eli a lesson, because there was always a risk that Eli would challenge Rush with time. Specially, since Eli keeps hearing that he is this math genius quite often, and that can make Eli over confident, to say the least.
                  And Rush is somehow a better person to have in charge? . . . Give me a break.

Everything Rush did was a purely selfish attempt to hold on to the power he has. He heard Eli voicing his dissent to Brody, so he "put them in their place" with his stasis pod routine. Then he went and broke down any resolve Volker might have had by telling him that he wasn't good enough to get any women.

At the end of the episode, Rush says "let's go check out the stasis pods" and gives a snide little smirk when Eli and Brody reiterate his earlier words about caution. The smirk was because his plan worked and he had reaffirmed his place as the "smartest man in the room".

You've got to see it from Rush's perspective, he was brought in to the Stargate Program purely to work on Icarus and the 9th Chevron. Well Eli was the one who cracked the 9th Chevron, and McKay just reworked all of Rush's algorithms and made the dialing procedure safe. Combined with the fact that he got stuck in a simulation and had to be saved by Eli, Rush can feel his power slipping away.
                  So he did what he does best, manipulate people.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                    In addition to what was said about him teaching Eli a lesson I think he also wanted to see how Eli would react to the situation.

Would he own up to what he'd done and come ask Rush for help, or would he try to hide it from him instead.

He was testing to see if Eli was actually capable of deliberately defying him and going behind his back, then lying about it when asked. He found out that he was, so he'll be watching him much more closely now I'd imagine.
                    People need to be approachable for someone to want to go to them for help. Rush has proven that he is less than approachable on anything, because he has an attitude. He demeans people. Eli has brains lots of them, but he lacks experience in life emotionally when dealing with other people. Rush uses that inexperience to demean him, case he doesn't want him too secure in himself. Shows Rush's insecurity if he can't deal with a bit of competition. apparently Rush will never grow up. He acted like a ten year old on a playground, which is his usual .
                    no means no, and so does pepper spray
                    Sig by The Carpenter
                    sigpic

Comment

I think Rush has lost his selfishness and secrecy, everything he's been through and experienced i think he needs the crew.

Eli and Brody were about to do what Rush did in the first season +, he disagreed and didnt want them going that route, so he "dissuaded" them.

Still, what he did to Brody and watching Eli sweat was damn funny

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
                        I think Rush has lost his selfishness and secrecy, everything he's been through and experienced i think he needs the crew.

Eli and Brody were about to do what Rush did in the first season +, he disagreed and didnt want them going that route, so he "dissuaded" them.

Still, what he did to Brody and watching Eli sweat was damn funny

N.C
                        So you think that Rush is suddenly just a fluffy bunny? After he has just had his power flow algorithms pwnd by McKay and heard Eli saying that he shouldn't be in charge?
                        Funny or not, what Rush did was 100% self motivated.

Comment

isn't eli hiding it from rush kinda ironic, given that he blamed rush for keeping secrets?

Comment

Eli's situation is slightly different. He didn't want to admit he ignored Rush and screwed up (Rush would never let him live that down), whereas Rush was hiding important information. Of course, Brody in the freezer is important, too, but not in the same context.

Comment

You're all overlooking one critical fact, Eli and Brody didn't screw up, they were perfectly safe in what they did. the only reason that Brody was trapped and Eli was panicking was because of Rush manipulating them. And the only reason he was manipulating them was because he heard Eli voice discontent.

Comment

Rush's actions mean little in relation to how Eli acted. As far as Eli knew, either he or Brody did something wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X