Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Why did rush freeze brody ?

Quote Originally Posted by Girlbot View Post
    Aren't interpretation and perception wonderful things?
    This is what cracks me up. When you have so many differing and opposing views of the meaning of a story, and the creators or writers come out and tell you exactly what the meaning is supposed to be, there is no "interpretation and perception". There is only that which the creator provides (in that they tell you what the meaning is) in this context.

This is a common denialist attitude which provides for great fanfic, but can ultimately be counterproductive for a series long term survival. When the viewer gets so immersed in their belief of how events were meant to transpire, and then the creators take it in a different direction, the viewer becomes disenfranchised with the story. They have mistakenly taken the story as their own instead of allowing the storyteller to retain ownership.

Ultimately, we HAVE to take Mallozi's explanation as canon, as this is what will determine what happens further down the line in the story. To do otherwise, and to defend that contrary position, will simply set yourself up for major disappointment later.

If I misread your comment, I apologize, but it seems like you were saying you felt Mallozi's account was rubbish.

Captain Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble's Avatar

Who wrote this ep? If it wasn't Mallozi why is what he says canon.

Studio Production assistant Shinnor's Avatar

If I'm not mistaken, it was Mallozzi who wrote The Hunt.
    Well, I got such impression from his blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Shylodog View Post
    This is what cracks me up. When you have so many differing and opposing views of the meaning of a story, and the creators or writers come out and tell you exactly what the meaning is supposed to be, there is no "interpretation and perception". There is only that which the creator provides (in that they tell you what the meaning is) in this context.

This is a common denialist attitude which provides for great fanfic, but can ultimately be counterproductive for a series long term survival. When the viewer gets so immersed in their belief of how events were meant to transpire, and then the creators take it in a different direction, the viewer becomes disenfranchised with the story. They have mistakenly taken the story as their own instead of allowing the storyteller to retain ownership.

Ultimately, we HAVE to take Mallozi's explanation as canon, as this is what will determine what happens further down the line in the story. To do otherwise, and to defend that contrary position, will simply set yourself up for major disappointment later.

If I misread your comment, I apologize, but it seems like you were saying you felt Mallozi's account was rubbish.
    Well I just read the citation from Mallozi and it seemed to confirm everything that I said. Rush did it all to manipulate Eli and reassert his authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
    Who wrote this ep? If it wasn't Mallozi why is what he says canon.
    Because Mallozi is one of TPTB. Even if he didn't write this episode, he would have been one to write a future episode and he would take his own personal views into account to further the storyline. It's extremely rare that he would take the opinion of an anonymous forum poster over his own. That's why what he says is canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Shylodog View Post

Apology accepted.
    no means no, and so does pepper spray
    Sig by The Carpenter

Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Girlbot View Post
    Somehow I find myself disagreeing with Mallozzi On many of those points
    I actually called it on the romance advice.. Done as a way to push volkar to go for it.